Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Kwepp

November 12, 2017, 01:02:36 am
Read 4941 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Kwepp
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:02:36 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Kwepp
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Kwepp/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

I'm 21, I'm from the UK and I am currently a professional basement dweller. I play guitar and play WoW as my hobbies and was at uni but had to drop out. I have been playing games since I was about 4 as I had a lot of surgery when I was young so, I had to do something to pass the time while I was recovering. I started playing WoW at the start of TBC and I played it on and off until WoD.

Class/Spec:

I play all three specs but at the moment I currently main Unholy as it is the most optimal DPS spec for ToS. I play frost as my Off Spec and keep it up to date with AP, Legendaries and general practice with the spec.

I play whichever spec is the best for the tier as I want to be the best that I can be for the raid, regardless of whether I enjoy playing the spec, I  emjoy getting kills and ranks!

I also have experience in tanking and play Blood, mainly for M+ or if the raid needs a third tank, I have all the specs ready. However for Blood I need a couple more legendaries to maximise it, however it's not as big of an issue, as I already have Prydaz and Class Cloak and Blood Belt.

Ilvls and legendaries -

Unholy: 938 with BiS Legendaries for both ST and AOE.

Frost: 936 with BiS Legendaries for both ST and AOE.

Blood: 934 with Prydaz, Class ring, Class Back, Blood DK Belt.

DK is one of my favorite classes, while immobile it offers a lot of add interrupting/displacement abilities, as well as a good kit to survive hard hitting mechanics with (Such as Anti Magic Shell & Icebound Fortitude). While movement is an issue for the class, this can be countered by careful planning of movement and positioning for an encounter.

Specs -

Unholy DK currently is the best performing spec in ToS for good reason, it has amazing cleave potential, good sustained damage and the T20 4 Set for Unholy, allows for some really strong burst windows when combined with the legendary shoulders.

For next tier I will be playing frost if it is better, but for now I will remain Unholy until Frost starts beating it.

Stat weights:

Haste: If running with Dark Arbiter, your haste should be capped at 25.18%, this means that your Dark Arbiter during Bloodlust will get 17 attacks on the boss in its duration, and during progress those extra 6-9 hits in a fight are essential. For AOE, you can be around the 22-25% mark as in mass AOE you should not be running Dark Arbiter, you would be running Defile, and for AOE, the more mastery the better!

Mastery: Mastery is what makes a lot of the damage scale up with Unholy, it is especially good in AOE if you are running Defile, Clawing Shadows and/or Cold Heart as it increased shadow damage dealt.

Crit: There is no crit cap for anything specific however I like to drift around the 18-21% mark, just personal preference.

After I get a potential upgrade I always sim it anyway, so even though I know my stat priority, I will always double check and sim the gear before I use it!

Frost DK currently is not the best performing spec, however offers high windows of instantaneous burst, which is a niche that Unholy cannot match to. Tier 21 tier set for Frost is looking strong and with the current sims, it is looking like Frost will be the better performing spec on Single Target fights, however we will have to find out when Antorus hits live servers.

Stat Weights:

Haste: As with all DK specs, haste is a very important stat as it speeds up the recharge rate for runes, and allows for Frost to push out more Obliterates, use more Killing Machine procs and maintain Remorseless Winter and Pillar of Frost for longer durations. around 23% is the soft cap, however the more haste, the better.

Crit: Crit is really important for frost, it is what makes the class flow fluidly and is what allows it to pump out some serious burst damage. The soft cap for Frost is around 20%, however the more Crit the better, just like Haste.

Mastery: This just increased Frost damage done which scales well with Cold Heart, Frost Scythe and Howling Blast. Ideally you want to have as much of this as possible, however Crit and Haste beat it, so the best thing to do is sim a piece of gear that has Mastery on it, just to see if it makes a difference.

Logs -

My DK is a reroll that I started playing around 2 and a half months ago. With that in mind my gear is currently almost optimal, apart from trinkets and small pieces. After leaving Provoke-Draenor I needed to find another guild to get into the swing of things and get back into Mythic progress but as my DK and as a DPS, not a tank.

With that in mind I joined Fragment, we ended up re-progressing on Maiden so my single parse on that was very sloppy, and for Sisters there were some mistakes which I made with Moonburn. With that in mind, here are my logs (I say this so you understand the circumstances when accessing my performance based on logs.) - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/kwepp

I'm not happy with these logs so I will be majorly improving them, these are not really up to my standards as a player.

Here are my logs for other classes I have played, so you can see what I am capable of.

Shadow Priest: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15232426/10/#partition=2

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15232426/12/#partition=2

Druid (Tank):https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/draenor/kwepp

If you want me to explain anything further, just let me know!

Alts:

At the moment I only have my Druid that is of a relevant ilvl, however I am working on my Warrior and Rogue.

Druid: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/kwepp

Rogue: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/genericdps

Professions:

To be honest I haven't worked on my professions much if at all, however I have Alchemy and Herbalism on my DK, so that will be my main focus.

Raiding Experience:

I started raiding properly back in MoP where I was just a normal raider, and then I stepped up my game in WoD, so here is my notable raiding experience and the roles I played for each tier.

WoD:

Mythic Highmaul - 7/7 as a Resto Shaman

Mythic Blackrock Foundary - 10/10 as a Resto Shaman and Warlock.

Mythic Hellfire Citadel - 11/13 as a Subtlety Rogue

Legion:

Mythic Emerald Nightmare - 7/7 as Shadow Priest

Mythic Trial of Valor - 2/3 as Shadow Priest

Mythic Nighthold - 8/10 as Shadow Priest and Guardian Druid

Mythic Tomb of Sargeras - 7/9 as Guardian Druid and now Unholy Death Knight.

(I was raiding with Provoke on Draenor during Tomb of Sargeras, we killed Mythic Mistress Sassz'ine on the 18/08/2017 and were moving onto Maiden, however due to some unexpected IRL issues I needed to stop playing WoW until I sorted those, which lead to giving up my spot as a main tank in Provoke. I returned after 2 months and obviously my spot had been filled and there was no room for me as a DK for Mythic Avatar progress, so that is when I joined Fragment instead to get back into ToS.)

I have played many roles in the game and I find myself to be a very versatile and adaptive player. I can play almost anything I wish with a bit of practice, and I feel that I can meet the requirements for Mythic progress raiding on any class I wish to get good at. Right now I am perfecting my play as a DK and will continue to do so for the remainder of Legion, and possible in Battle for Azeroth going forward.

Previous Guilds:

Rainbow Team - Sadly the guild disbanded in Nighthold, as did many.

Hoax - I raided with Hoax in Nighthold and then decided to give up my spot as a raider to just chill on the game, as Nighthold really burnt me out due to the excessive AP and Legendary grinding.

Provoke - I raided with Provoke for Mythic ToS up until Mythic Maiden, due to some irl issues which I have explained in the previous question.

Fragment - As stated earlier I joined Fragment to get back into Mythic raiding in ToS on my DK, sadly though the guild disbanded due to some internal issues the guild was facing, which is why I am now LFG.

Availability:

I am free all the time. The only time I am not able to make a raid is when there is an unexpected irl situation that comes up, which is rare.

Communication:

I am Enlgish so I hope I can speak it well;)

I have Discord and TS3, I have a microphone and yes I do use it, I am very vocal and have raid leaded a lot in the past.

Computer / Connection:

I maintain around 120 FPS and 20 ms ping in raid encounters, it is very stable. Here is a list of my PC specs and a speed test for reference.

Case: NZXT H440 White Edition

Processor: Intel i5 4690K

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait SLI Edition

Cooling: Coolermaster Nepton 120XL

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury

PSU: Corsair CX750M

SSD 1: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB

SSD 2: Samsung EVO Pro 500GB

Speccy Screenshot - https://gyazo.com/d00d6a2f4e50e24f39192b5851fa42cb

Speed test link - http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6785905459

Addons/UI:

Exorsus Raid Tools

Weak Auras 2

Big Wigs

Angry Assignments

RC Loot Council

GTFO

!Details Damage Meter

Kui Nameplates

UI During raid (From my stream) - https://gyazo.com/0f64cc04c6602afb85858461d915a32d

Other Games:

Usually Counter Strike, Battlerite and PUBG.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge because I feel that it would be the perfect place to progress with a raid team, get to know some people with the same goals as me, and somewhere that I can show people what I can do on my DK.

I always look for the best place to improve and for better/like minded players to surround myself with, which I think Iron Edge is not short of. After looking through your logs, website and WoW Progress, I think it would be a perfect fit for me socially and competitively.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am an adaptive player that will volunteer for any tasks or mechanics during progression. I have played all roles at a good level and I have a very deep understanding of the game and its core mechanics. I have previously been a raid leader in my guilds during WoD and one during Legion, which means I am use to communicating during an encounter and when I need to be, I am very vocal.

I still have small things to learn about the DK, however when playing with Iron Edge I know that I will pick those up quickly and show you all what I can do as a player. I am open to criticism and will always be the first one to speak when something goes wrong on my end, I'm productive and don't want to waste time trying to hide away from my mistakes, I'm raiding to kill bosses and progress with my raid team.

Outside my in game ability, I can also bring a good laugh to the guild atmosphere and make some pretty solid memes, which is always nice to have in a guild environment during tough progress.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found your guild on WoW progress through my friend Jamezzar who is also applying to this guild.

Last Words?

Thank you for reading my application, I look forward to hearing from you and hope I can show you what I am about in a trial peroid.

November 12, 2017, 08:20:59 am
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Kwepp
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:20:59 am »
Hi kwepp,

Very nice application, got no clue on death knights so maybe our dks can give it a look over.

Good luck on the apply.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 12, 2017, 10:05:01 am
Reply #2

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:05:01 am »
Hi Kweep,

You're up to date with current theorycrafting for DK, nice to see on an application.  Overall I feel your app is well written and shows a knowledge of the class.

I have a few questions for you.

What is your current Artifact level? If this is a refilled character are you behind?

You have applied with a friend, what will your position be if one was accepted and not the other?

4 guilds in 1 expansion is an impressive rate of change. Iron Edge is a stable raiding environment; given your frequent guild changes, what can you bring to the table to add to our environment? Is there a likelihood you'll move on if you don't get the results you want?

We have reached the point in the expansion where guilds are loosing motivation to continue so there's lots of players out there to choose from. Are you applying to other guilds too?

Your application is good, logs show competence, knowledge if class seems to be there. The only issue I have is your stability and possibly personal conflict if your friend is declined.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Tutan

November 12, 2017, 01:11:13 pm
Reply #3

Offline Kwepp

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 01:11:13 pm »
Artifact traits -

Unholy: 72
Frost: 66
Blood: 66

2 out of the 4 guilds I have played in have disbanded and one of them I had to give up my spot, with that in mind I did not have much choice. If I had not had my situation, I would still be in Provoke. I join guilds with the intention of staying there and progressing with them, I sadly cannot control external issues within guilds that I have nothing to do with.

I can bring reliability to a raid team. I very rarely fail mechanics more than once, as I learn from failing very quickly and step up my game dramatically. A lot of players will not admit to their mistakes straight away and will often argue their point in fear of being wrong, I am not one of those players. I find it unproductive and pointless to hide from mistakes, I expect the same from my raid team.

I have applied to a few guilds and some show interested, however I feel Iron Edge would be the best place for me for the remainder of Legion and the next expansion. As for my friend, I don't care if he gets declined or not, we're not a package deal and if he fails then he would only drag the raid team down anyway.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thank you.

November 12, 2017, 02:29:42 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 02:29:42 pm »
Hi Kwepp,

You mentioned about other classes you can play, now we have recently taken on board 3 melee dps in our roster. This being all hyperthetitcal from myself and not of our leadership team but if you were to be asked, would you have any issues with another class?

This is just me asking and not our leadership they may well want another dk among their ranks, just out of curiosity really.

Thanks again in advance.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 12, 2017, 03:00:46 pm
Reply #5

Offline Kwepp

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 03:00:46 pm »
Would highly depend on a few factors really. Mainly the fact that legendaries are a thing and whether there would be an effort from the guild to help me get that character up to par for Antorus. With Antorus also near release it is not the best idea to change character just before progress. I can play anything I want to play as I put a lot of time into learning classes and can pick things up very quickly. Again thought it highly depends and with Antorus 2 weeks away, it's not the best of ideas.

November 12, 2017, 09:09:36 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 09:09:36 pm »
Hi There Kwepp,

Very nice application. By all accounts you qualify for a trial, but we do have a few DK's on the roster at the moment, so we need to have some discussion about that internally. I'll get back to you on that.

In the meantime, I have the same question for you as I had for Jamezzarr: what's your guild history like before Legion?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 12, 2017, 09:45:44 pm
Reply #7

Offline Kwepp

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 09:45:44 pm »
I raided with VII in WoD and then went onto raid with Rainbow Team for the start of Legion as they were more suitable for me as a player for Legion! :)

No problem, if you could add my bnet or discord, we can have a chat about where I stand with the guild.

Discord: Kwepp#1122

Bnet: Kwepp#2432

November 13, 2017, 02:44:06 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 02:44:06 pm »
Hi Kwepp,

For some reason I wasn't able to further respond to your inquiry in our private conversation on Discord, so I will continue the conversation here.

I very much appreciate your detailed application, but we are currently unable to fit another Death Knight into our main roster. If you wish to join as another class, preferably a ranged class, I recommend you contact our ranged officer Mooneclipse for coordination.

Good luck!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:22:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

54 Guests, 0 Users