Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Tutanctus

November 17, 2017, 11:28:53 pm
Read 4374 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Tutanctus
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:28:53 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Tutanctus
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Tutanctus/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Name: Damian
School: College

Class/Spec:

Retribution is my domain. Why? I love being a huge Tauren and smack people with my gigantic weapon till they die. And also its fun to play if you know what to do. Its not as easy as people think it is, as theres a lot of technicalities.
My main spec is Retribution, but im playing quite a bit of Protection in m+. Both specs have 941+ equipped ilvl. I have all paladin legendaries apart from the holy judgment ring. I am willing to heal but need time to adjust as its my least played part of the class.

Ret is a fairly easy spec, but hard to master. I need to make sure that i use all of my holy power spenders in the judgment debuff window to ensure highest parses. Basically what i do is prepot and Judgement the boss one second before the pull, since Judgment gained a travel time in the legion class changes. Secondly, when im not in the melee range yet im casting Blade of Justice to generate enough Holy Power for my first Templar's Verdict but before casting TV im using my big dps cooldown Crusade and start stacking it up so i get more haste and more damage with every HP spent during it. After that its the usual usage of Wake of Ashes to generate 5HP and stacking your Crusade by the means of more TVs, generating more HP with Zeals (crusader strikes) and more BoJs. Also with the Soul of the Highlord legendary i need to keep track of the Divine Purpose proc every time i hit a TV. Should also mention Whispers of the Nathrezim legendary, that one is a bit tricky. With that one i need to try to cast TVs consecutively after 4 seconds from each TV.
On 2+ targets the rotation is basically the same, but instead of using TVs i switch to using Divine Storms instead.
Statweightwise Ret is an interesting spec at the moment. I constantly sim my stats to find the best weights for my current gear level. Because ret has so many different legendary combinations its quite complex to go into but a grand overview.
In general haste is the best stat then it can jump between crit and vers followed by mastery and finally strength
In the next tier mastery is due to receieve a buff but i dont think itll overtake haste. Im looking at using 4 piece t20, 2 piece t21 for the best results, but that can change depending on my off set pieces and legendaries.

Alts:

All my alts are under 915 ilvl so nothing relevant.

Professions:

I have enchanting with plenty of mats in the reagent bank in case I or other raiders need an emergency enchant i can always provide one. Also it makes it easier to scrap excess loot that i do not need.
The other profession that im never planning to swap to some other one is Engineering. It provides me a lot of quality of life stuff, such as an auction house in Dalaran, nitro boosts, goblin glider kids, and some fun teleportation toys.
My alts even though they are low ilvl they are still very useful for me! I have professions such as alchemy, to make sure i come to the raid with all the consumables i need. Cooking, same thing. Leatherworking to farm some cool crafted transmogs and whatnot! (I have the recipe for [Stylin' Purple Hat])

Raiding Experience:

Cataclysm: Heroic clears of every raid pre second nerf.
MoP: Everything up to ToT heroic, i gave up WoW after that.
Skipped WoD
Came back for Legion.
Legion:
-ToV 2/3M (after the release of nighthold)
-Nighthold 4/10M (pre concordance Krosus)
-ToS: 6/9M

Previous Guilds:

Colei: Guild i've done Nighthold content with. Due to irl problems and game burnout the guild leader and officers quit the game. We tried to recover the guild but there was too much damage already. Colei disbanded shortly after that.
CaeshMeOutside: Half of the raid team quit just because of the pure toxicity of the raid environment. I didnt want to trial the new people so i left. I also had friends in Magespecters so that was a key factor in me guild swapping at that time.
Magespecters: Roster problems left and right. Magespecters was a good guild at the time i joined them i had loads of fun. My raiding experience became worse and worse in the time that we had to switch people constantly in the middle of the raid cause some shitty excuse like being sleepy. After my best friend quit WoW and this guild, i had no intention to play with them anymore, hence i left.

Availability:

I have no life. Other than having to go to college im always available. The raid hours are definitely not a problem. Even if you want to prolong the raid for an hour after the raid time was supposed to end im up for the task.

Communication:

I can speak fluent english. I do have TS3 and i can listen. I also have a working microphone and i use it whenever its necessary.

Computer / Connection:

I have a sturdy little beast of a laptop, with gtx 1060 so my framerate problems are definitely NOT an issue. I have stable internet connection, and in emergency situations i can use my mobile internet. I have very low ping on our Kazzak realm. No problems whatsoever.

Addons/UI:

Im using slightly configured ElvUI, TidyPlates, Details!, DBM, GTFO, Weak Auras and other QoL addons such as Auctionator.
UI: https://i.imgur.com/fSnnhTn.jpg

Other Games:

I usually don't play other games, but i like the Telltale games and the Life is Strange series.

Why Iron Edge?

I was part of a two day guild back in the day, i want to try that out again. Your raid times are very appealing to me as i can rest before the raid and be focused for the entirety of it. I also know for a fact that you guys have a healthy, non toxic community that i'd love to be a part of.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can handle criticism really well as I don't argue over if that was my mistake or not. Straight to the point if I fuck up during a fight I admit to it and move on thats the way I am. I'm also patient enough to wipe all night in attempt of guild progression. I'm happy to be a team player, but also happy to help out wherever necessary. I dont have my eyes glued to the DPS meter, as i want to actually do the fights properly. I can also make a good joke about anything really.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I've looked through wowprogress. Also mr Borky told me about this guild, as we're close friends.

Last Words?

I am looking for a friendly environment to play in.
My luck when it comes to rare mounts is fairly high.
I strictly play ONLY classes that Tauren race can be. Moo.
I am a polish player that can and WILL be polished.

November 18, 2017, 11:47:05 am
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Tutanctus
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 11:47:05 am »
Hi tutanctus,

First thing nice app, second thing you may need to change your name as we got a death knub called Tutan so yeah...

You have planned ahead for eventuality or replacing gear in antorus and the intent of dropping cloak to keep 4set t20 and 2set t21, the cloak is a nice buff to both our st and aoe abilities. I’m going to assume you are going to go belt and highlord ring in that case. I’m not sure if Borky has mentioned to you the size of our roster particularly of the melee variety, would the prospect of standby be an issue for you considering this, not saying you always will be but with 2 ret paladins already on the roster we aren’t exactly the flavour of the expansion. This is only an overview from my self and I’m sure the officers will decide amongst themselves if another melee in this case another ret will be a useful addition.

I’ve had a look at your logs and your wow progress, I noticed you left out mentioning prestige amongst your previous guilds, any reason you have left these out? Other than that I can’t think of anything else at this time to add so good luck on the apply.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 18, 2017, 01:58:56 pm
Reply #2

Offline Tutanctus

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 01:58:56 pm »
Oh sorry i totally forgot to mention Prestige. I was verbally attacked by one of the officers of that guild by calling me a garbage player when we were doing some mythic keystones. I didnt want to make the situation more awkward than it was between me and that one officer so i left shortly after they managed not to fuck up Goroth soaking for the first time.

November 18, 2017, 05:17:02 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 05:17:02 pm »
Thank you for replying Tutanctus

Understandable as to why you didn't mention them, was more it peaked my interest, good luck on the apply.

An officer will get back to you as soon as they can.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 18, 2017, 05:24:34 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 05:24:34 pm »
Hi Tutanctus,

Thanks you for going through the trouble of writing a good application. We're not particularly looking for ret paladins at the moment, so I wish you would have spoken to an officer before you applied.

But regardless, based on some of the stuff you've written, I don't think you would fit in with us particularly well.

Good luck on your search!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 18, 2017, 05:52:39 pm
Reply #5

Offline Tutanctus

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 05:52:39 pm »
Thanks for your time, but could you elaborate on what you think I wrote that means I wouldn't fit in well?

November 19, 2017, 02:25:21 am
Reply #6

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 02:25:21 am »
I think Rash means, right now we have 2 Ret pallies, 1 pulls their weight one is a brummie.. see our pt (#they both cool, honestly) but 3 rets is to much, I dont mean to perdict or assume on rash's comments but its not fit your personality as that effort is there, we dont get that often, but more about we have 2 ret's that do a job, obviously not as good as a warrior but he allow's pink into the raid, x 2 so we cant do anymore otherwise we will all be fighting for the dresses that drop :)  - serious 2 is enough its not you, its rash.. no i mean its the raid ...."serious" our raid can take more melee right now, otherwise it will be more bench time for pink'ness! we dont like ppl sitting on bench unless your irl name starts with "autobuddle"

good luck mate!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:30:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

46 Guests, 0 Users