Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Cátwoman

November 21, 2017, 11:55:09 pm
Read 4229 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Cátwoman
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:55:09 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Cátwoman
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/C%C3%A1twoman/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Nicolai from Denmark and I'm 26 years old. I'm currently at the University in a "small" town called Aarhus. My study areas are History and Religious science. My goal is to become a teacher and teach kids between the ages of 16-18/19 in these subjects. I'm highly motivated both in my "real life" and also in-game, in short: If I want to get through something, I do it.
My free time is spend mostly in WoW, but also on stuff like swimming and running. Weekends are often spend with extreme headaches and pizza due to drinking: It's a cultural thing here in Denmark...

Class/Spec:

I'm a shadow priest, and I have been a shadow priest since I started as priest. My item level atm, equipped, is 939.
My off-specc is discpline, which I prefer to play in M+, but something I would like to be able to try out on some encounters, that you find necessary.
But my main is shadow priest, and I don't have ANY desire to reroll to any other spec/class, can't see myself doing it.

For shadow, especially in Antorus, haste will become the number one stat priority. Since shadow relies on building insanity for void form stacks, and since the change from 7.1.5 to 7.2.5 insanity drains slower in voidform, and that gives haste a higher stat prio since haste impacts insanity generating abilities such as Auspicious Spirits (AS), and it also increases our overall casts of void bolts in voidform.
Crit directly impacts insanity generation aswell, since it impacts amounts of spirits from AS.
Mastery is different in the way that it doesn't directly impact insanity generation, but increases our overall damage on dots and void bolt, therefor loses value, but it's still a decent secondary stat.

Shadow is probably one of the classes that scales best with secondary stats, intellect has a way lower value than say for example haste. That being said, these things variates from fight to fight, and especially in fights that have a longer duration. The howtopriest community is a GREAT guidance councelor in this aspect, and I rely heavily on their information being pinned on discord, and try myself to be as active as I can on that discord section. Things as simming yourself, using magicsim, can be helpful, but sims can't save you if you have the basics wrong and can't execute timing during an encounter.

In short: Haste (12-13k with sephuz and belt) > Crit (12k) > Mastery (half of the crit amount you have) > vers

(These are ofcourse subjects that can change, and the dear community is still working on simulations, to predict, but overall it looks like we will need more haste rating than ever before in Antorus with the removal of T20 4set bonus.)

Rotation wise it can become quite complicated for new players to the spec, but for me it's already so ingrained. Pre-pull cast MB -> VT-SW:P -> MB -> VF -> VT -> VB -> MF (clip) -> MF -> MB - VB (30 stacks) pop Mindbender and sustain until 55-60.
With 4-set bonus getting removed in Antorus we possibly can't sustain our voidform for that long, and rotation might change.

Alts:

No relevant alts, don't feel like playing anything, other than priest. Might try leveling when scaling comes 7.3.5, don't know what yet though.

Professions:

I have JC/Alch, no cool recipes :)

Raiding Experience:

My raiding history is sort of complicated, due to two major breaks because of real life business, and two different accounts, since I was young and immature when I started in classic.

Classic (Mage), previous account:
Realitysucks-Magtheridon: Everything cleared with the exception of 4HM, Saph and Kel'thuzad. (People with legendaries got it with split raiding with Nihilum apparently).

TBC (Mage), previous account:
Realitysucks-Magtheridon: Gruul and Magtheridon, got tired of the game since I disliked the change from 40 man to 25 man raiding. I had to go to a boarding school at this time aswell, so I decided to sell my account for what I thought was a lot of money, but I regret every aspect of that descision now.

WOTLK (Rogue, Zuperwoman), Current account:
Paranormal-Lightnings blade: Cleared everything with this guild up till Yogg-Saron 0 Keepers, the guild decided to go social after this, and i transfered to Mazrigos.
Serendipity-Mazrigos: Everything cleared with this guild in 25man HC raiding, including Lich King.

Cataclysm (Rogue, Zuperwoman):
Serendipity-Mazrigos: Cleared up till Firelands Shannox 25hc, had to stop raiding due to military duty, which is for around 9 months.

Mists of Pandaria (Priest, Cátwoman):
Whatever-Auchindoun:: Joined late in this expansion, just after they killed Garrosh 25HC.

WoD (Priest, Cátwoman) :
Whatever-Auchindoun: After Twin Ogron in Highmaul I had to stop in this guild, mostly due to the long raiding hours they kept, with very to no breaks during raiding. This was just too much for me, and I learned never to join a guild that raided so long hours again.
Tranquil-Azjol'nerub/Quel'thalas: got 8/10 in mythic BRF and cleared HFC mythic in a decent fashion.

Legion:
Tranquil-Azjol'nerub/Quel'thalas: Got 5/7 mythic in EN before the guild decided to go casual.
Cartoons-Azjol'nerub: Cleared EN mythic, ToV mythic and NH 9/10 mythic before they decided to go casual.
Superbia-current guild: Decided to migrate to Kazzak in hopes of finding a guild for Antorus, and since most of my friends from Cartoons migrated and joined this guild, I did aswell, but as a social since I had unfurtunate timing with the release of ToS and exams this summer, so I came late to the party and focused on doing mythic+ instead, preparing for Antorus.

Previous Guilds:

Decided to make a linear story above, hope that's okay. There's also explanations as to why I have left them.

Availability:

This is a weird question to me. If I'm not available on the days that you raid, I wouldn't apply. Otherwise, there's ofcourse things you can't see on beforehand, like family dinners, holidays like christmas, birthday events. But no work shifts, since I'm a student. Exams not an issue either, I can manage time, unlike some people.

Communication:

Yes, I am - and yes I can speak.

Computer / Connection:

I7700k 4.5 gz (delidded)
1070 GTX Asus
Asus Sonar soundcard

Monitor1:
Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q

Monitor 2:
BenQ XL2420T

50mb down/50 up connection

Addons/UI:

Elvui
BW
Weakaura
TellMeWhen

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/FM5Y8x3.jpg
Video in action:

Other Games:

None really, only pubg and csgo sometimes.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a guild to raid with stable in the future, that's not just looking at Antorus, but also next expansion and hopefully be able to land us some decent rankings.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

You can expect from me, an intelligent player, that always think ahead during encounters, and who is always willing to take the more shitty jobs on encounters when needed to. This could for example being the designated mind controller on the blast furnace, or the one who runs half way across the room on Elisande to soak an orb when nobody else notices. I'm always prepared, and I will communicate when I'm not and something is wrong, which rarely happens. I have a big social personality, and value to having fun when farming content, but in the end I don't want to waste anyones time, and I hope people share the same opinion. It's a fine balance, but for me, the fun comes after the boss kill, and during a very big step in the progression on a boss.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Heard about you from Wowprogress since I'm looking for a guild in Antorus and onwards.

Last Words?

I know I don't have any experience in mythic ToS, but that doesn't hold me back from trying to impress you in other ways. I will be a stable raider in the content to come if I get accepted, and have a lot of experience to fall back on. Another thing I didn't mention (I think) was my mythic + history. I don't have a stable team yet, so I keep pugging higher keys, and I find it extremely fun to push keys, especially as shadow. At the moment I'm number 11 on the realm as shadow, but I want to push that to a number 1 spot.
Another thing I wanted to mention was the perfect raid schedule you have for my own schedule, since I don't have anything else on these days that I have to attend to. There will ofcourse be times, in holidays etc, where I won't be able to raid, that being christmas and new years for example.

November 22, 2017, 11:05:33 am
Reply #1

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Cátwoman
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 11:05:33 am »
Hey dude,

Can you link some current logs please?

Why did you have 2 accounts?

Also why not apply to Superbia as a raider. They raid 2 days also and have better rankings.

Tutan
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:00:08 pm by Tutan »

November 22, 2017, 10:21:50 pm
Reply #2

Offline Catwoman

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:21:50 pm »
Logs:
https://unworthy.ml/eu/Kazzak/C%C3%A1twoman

As to why there's two accounts:
TBC (Mage), previous account:
Realitysucks-Magtheridon: Gruul and Magtheridon, got tired of the game since I disliked the change from 40 man to 25 man raiding. I had to go to a boarding school at this time aswell, so I decided to sell my account for what I thought was a lot of money, but I regret every aspect of that descision now.

My descision for not raiding with Superbia, even though the thought strifed my mind, is that I don't like the danish atmosphere in raids. That might sound weird or stupuid, but some people like it and some do not. I've raided the majority of my wow career in international guilds, and I'm sure that it suits me better.

November 22, 2017, 11:13:46 pm
Reply #3

Offline Catwoman

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 11:13:46 pm »
Forgot to mention my AP levels, just so you guys know I havent been slacking: 75 Shadow, 69 discipline. Also have BiS legendaries for both specs.

November 23, 2017, 10:56:21 am
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 10:56:21 am »
I don't like the danish atmosphere in raids. That might sound weird or stupuid, but some people like it and some do not.

That does not sound weird or stupid at all. We know exactly what you mean.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 23, 2017, 11:09:19 am
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 11:09:19 am »
Just spoke to our ranged officer Mooneclipse and he wants to offer you a trial!

You can poke me or another officer for an invite. Please check out this thread so you know some of our ground rules. If you have any further questions, I recommend asking around on Discord.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:42:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

39 Guests, 2 Users
Chelly, Liquidroom