Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Nurhel

December 26, 2017, 08:23:51 pm
Read 2924 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Nurhel
« on: December 26, 2017, 08:23:51 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Nurhel
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Nurhel/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, I am Constantine, 31, currently residing in Greece. I ve studied Mech Engineering and my interests lie in Math, Astronomy and basketball.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is BM (954ilvl) while I play MM (950ilvl) as my offspec. Both ilvls are relative as they can be +/- 2-3 depending on the legendaries i use. I have aquired all of the hunter legendaries so its a matter of maximizing on each boss fight. My BM is on AL80 while my MM is on AL75. I preffer to play BM over MM because of the infinite movement freedom it offers.

Although MM is currently above BM on rankings, I have chosen the BM spec because its playstyle allows me to attend on boss mechanics whithout having to drop my dps from the boss if i dont need to as some of the abilities can be casted without even looking at the boss.

I utilise the Stomp/Zoo build currently as its the best choise for the gear i have available. This spec favors crit over all other stats although, i have found a haste cap of 31% to be favourable for me. The reason for this is because it allows me to cast an extra ability during Bestial Wrath.

As for the rotation, its a fairly simple one if you understand which ability affects your "summons" and in what way. The main idea is a high uptime of Bestial Wrath which buffs us and our pets, with as many casts of Kill Command during that time as possible. Murder of Crows gets buffed as well from BW so its important to use in conjuction when available. Dire Beast reduces the cooldown of BW and generates significant focus so it needs to be used appropriately. Titan's Thunder should be used after using both charges of Dire Beast along with Aspect of the Wild and both can and should be delayed in order to be used in conjuction with BW.

Alts:

Only a Frost Mage with no significant gear (930ilvl).

Professions:

Enchanting and Alchemy as they are fairly profitable. I have aquired a few rank 3 recipes for alchemy as well.

Raiding Experience:

I have been casually raiding for most of my WoW carrier with irl friends earning at least normal clears on most of raids.
Towards the end of WoD i started to raid more seriously earning 11/13M on Hellfire Citadel.
For legion I had 7/7M EN and 1/3M ToV before having to quit because of family emergency. I started again a bit after ToS released earning 7/9M. Currently 1/11M at Antorus.

Previous Guilds:

As i previously mentioned most of my time i spent raiding with irl friends so none of those guilds are significant.
At Hellfire Citadel I raided with Wyrm Slayers on Silvermoon leaving towards the end to migrate to Tarren Mill.
For EN and ToV I was part of Relax on Tarren Mill and i was demoted because of my inactivity due to the family emergency.
After I started again i migrated to Kazzak to raid ToS with Defiance Gaming, my current guild.

Availability:

I work during the morning to early afternoon hours and I am usually available after that. Its easy for me to manage my time whenever needed.

Communication:

My english is fairly good (I studied at the University of Illinois). Have TS3, Discord a decent headgear but also a stand-alone microphone in case other things fail.

Computer / Connection:

Dont remember the spects but its a good computer with no fps issues. Stable internet connection that will be upgraded from ADSL to VDSL soon (it just became available to us sadly) with no lattency issues and disconects rarely being an issue.

Addons/UI:

Weak Auras to track cds, buffs and boss mechanics.
Big Wigs to trigger and track raid mechanics
Exorsus Raid Tools and Angry Assignments for notes.
Simulation Craft and Pawn in order to sim my char and store my personal stat weights
Details
https://imgur.com/a/d4QAl (i used the Toggle Anchors on BigWigs so you can see relative placement)
I also have the T21 Antorus WA for boss mechanics (not showing because of not being in combat)

Other Games:

Hearthstone
Overwatch
Diablo III

Why Iron Edge?

Since i took raiding more seriously I want to raid in an enviroment that i enjoy while striving to better myself. I am motivated even more when i have like-minded people around me and i believe Iron Edges big community and history of success can offer me exactly that. Other than that, your raid days are perfect for me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I believe I am a great team player always placing the team ahead of personal needs. I am also an extremely fast learner and wont fail for the same mistake twice.  I always show up early, knowledgeable and prepared for the encounters ahead. I have really good math skills that i use to maximize my potential and I am always eager to help guild mates.  

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress

Last Words?

Thanks for taking the time to review my application. I hope to hear from you soon.

December 27, 2017, 11:13:24 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Nurhel
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 11:13:24 am »
Hi Nurhel!

Decent application but I'm a little worried about your stability. Do you have a WoW history that goes back further than late HFC?

Also, what was the reasoning behind leaving Relax? Did they not have a spot for you after you came back from your family situation?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:26:11 pm by Rash »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 27, 2017, 01:11:50 pm
Reply #2

Offline Nurhel

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 01:11:50 pm »
Hey Rash!
As I mentioned, I was most of the time a casual player raiding with irl friends in guilds we quickly put together. I never had time for something more because of my studies and then my military service. Something I could add is I was part of Insanity on Silvermoon for Firelands and Dragon Soul as well. But none of those guilds exist anymore or were any significant in my opinion. Even during HFC and further on i was dragging along with a couple of friends on those guilds. Until I came to understand I can achieve more of what I want from WoW by moving forward alone. I assure you my stability will never be an issue as I find myself performing better when i get to know my teammates and feel comfortable as part of a group in a long term.

The family emergency was my mother having an operation and being the only one who could care for her during that time i was gone from the game for a good 2 months. Of course by that time they have moved on and i found myself migrating once more.

January 02, 2018, 12:28:13 am
Reply #3

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 12:28:13 am »
Hiyo Nurhel,

Sorry for the late reply, but due to the size of our ranged roster at the moment I will be unable to accept your application as it may may result in more standby time than I am comfortable with. I wish you the best of luck in your guild hunt, an I hope you find what you are looking for :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:02:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

89 Guests, 1 User
Phoenixflame