Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Husmoremne

February 14, 2018, 01:20:50 am
Read 2491 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Husmoremne
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:50 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Husmoremne
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Husmoremne/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Mikael
Norway
2. year bachelor.

Class/Spec:

MM Hunter. Haven't really tried the other speccs as I have fallen in love with MM, reason for this is the movement, I can feel like a melee yet have the opportunity to play ranged.
My gearsets for MM hunter varies from 962-965 and I also possess every lego for MM.

MM hunter may seem simple with it's rotation where I use arcane/mulit-shot/sidewinders depending on the opponent as focus gainers and aimed shots as spenders. But there are some key elements to optimizing my dps. As I use patient sniper I always want to have my aimed shots as late as possible within the vulnerability window as the damage increases with time. As I am still using 2-set tos and often "trick shot" I also gain more damage when I fire 2 aimed shots within 6 seconds of each other. The first buffs the next. Depending on pot, trueshot and BL I can get in more aimed shots, where I might get in 4 aimed shots instead of 2-3 within one vuln. Volley is pretty much up as long as there is ads and "crows" is usually on cd unless i can snipe some "bulleseye" stacks or it's close to excecute where i want to land it at 20% in order to gain bullseye stacks faster. And also begin my execute with trueshot faster.

Alts:

I have a 960 ish holy pala im gearing up. But at this time I wouldnt consider it relevant as im still missing key legendarys such as prydaz and velen.

Professions:

On kazzak I have 3 rank three of pretty much all enchants.
Rank 3 on all cooking.
Rank 3 on all alchemy.
Rank 3 on almost all engineering.
Maxed skill on all.

On my hunter I have max cooking, engi and some recipes for alch but alch is mostly for the 2 hour as I go alot of m+ and wish to save some gold.

Raiding Experience:

A link to my current logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/husmoremne

I cleared Firelands in cata as a shadow priest. Long break until legion.
In legion I have curve on all the raids but I had some time off after I cleared NH.
I also have a few mythic bosses in each raid but it has mostly been pug as the guilds I have been to haven't been that hardcore as we are mostly just a bunch of friends having fun.
In antorus we have had abit more decent raiding, cleared HC first week.
I have killed 5/11 mythic in antorus aswell as some progg on imonar.
My role in these raids have mostly been as a common dps, but I have usually gotten roles such as soaking, pod duty, clearing bridge for the raid on imonar as examples.
I have done a few raid leads for the GM in my current guild if he haven't made it to raids.

Previous Guilds:

In legion I was first alliance on Grim Batol and co-founded East India Company but we left as the guild slowly died without any decent mythic prog.
Then we went to Twisting-Nether in the guild "Nether" to raid but everyone didn't get spot so we moved on to Kazzak and joined "Cruel".
Cruel slowly died out so we made a new guild which is the current im in "Undocumented Immigrants" formerly known as "Issues in Africa".

Availability:

As I am a student I am very flexible and more or less available on a daily basis unless something unknown should happen. I play more or less everyday.

Communication:

I'd say my english is quite decent even tho it's not my first language, the only reason I have a hard time understanding english would be broken mic or broken english from others. I have a couple headsets. I don't currently use teamspeak but i have used it before so it shouldnt really be a problem. If im online im usually on coms and i dont really have an issue speaking up if I feel it's neccesary for me call something during raid/m+ etc.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is about 1 year old, it's a laptop but a quite expensive one.
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
8GB RAM

After experience it seems it is better than the computers most ppl have as I play with higher graphics etc than other ppl yet I get less lagg. Haven't had any problems with internet connection. At the time i checked it said 36mb/s up 35mb/s down and 65ms on kazzak. The only dcs i get is every 30 disengage i do but i believe that is the game..

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/h3ILE
Will most likely return to elvui when I get another screen but picture seen is current.
Details - to see what I take damage to and a tiny bit because im a dps whore.
DBM -  but might switch to bigwigs as I heard it is better.
Weakauras - to help me track vulnerability, procs, and other usefull cds.
Alot of the keybindings are also macros in order to make it easier for me to play, such as activating use on items, throwing traps, focus target misdirect and the sorts.
Announce interrupts - self explanatory.
Excorsus - raid management (tasks, groups etc)
RClootcouncil - managing loot distribution during raid

Other Games:

Fortnite, lol, conan exiles.

Why Iron Edge?

The reason I wish to join Iron Edge is because I would like abit more serious aswell as consistent raiding. I would also like to join as I understand you haven't cleared everything and I think it's alot of fun with progress and not getting it delivered on a silver platter. The reason im applying for your guild with more prog than I allready have, is because it gives me a sign that you aren't useless and the prog will continue. Guilds that are on my level of progress is usually a dying guild or bad one. I wish to join somone I believe I can acquire cutting edge with.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer decent dps while still doing mechanics correct. I feel i am a person it is easy to talk with, that take constructive critism in a constructive way, while also being able to give back. I am a dedicated player that do what I can to be better, not just farming gear from old raids but also looking up tactics and improving dps rotations. As you can see I had very gray logs early in antorus as I had recently begun playing it, but i feel they have improved in a postitive manner.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Heard about you from a friend "Musedetektiv" that has also made an application. Also had a short chat with one of your players during a m+, a warrior that i dont remember the name off, who seemed like a nice guy.

Last Words?

If you got any questions feel free to /w Husmoremne or Activia.

February 14, 2018, 10:38:51 am
Reply #1

Offline Eph

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Husmoremne
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 10:38:51 am »
Finally another hunter app! Can never have to many marksmanbros

Best of luck with the app, it gets lonely when theres only 2 of us hehehe

Again good luck

Eph

February 16, 2018, 07:14:13 pm
Reply #2

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Husmoremne
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 07:14:13 pm »
Hiyo Husmoremne,

I like your application, unfortunately due to the current ranged roster size we are pretty swamped with people to pick from. I would have loved to get in both you and Mousedetektiv whom you applied with, but it really would end up with people spending far too much time on the bench instead of joining in for the raid itself.

I am going to have to decline the application because of this, but I do with you the best of luck in fidning a guild  :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:02:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

86 Guests, 0 Users