Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Brimen

February 17, 2018, 07:16:24 pm
Read 4851 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Brimen
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:16:24 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Brimen
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Brimen/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Jon, and I live in Tromsø, Norway. I am a educated safety and environmental engineer, and currently working within this field.

Class/Spec:

Currently I am playing affliction, as it is the best warlock dps specc for several fights in current tier and it got great survivability and self-sustain. I am extremely capable in all warlock speccs, if neccessary.

Equiped I have 954 itemlevel, with UA (860). I sim 1440k, although thats a very low estimate.

I run differnt talents and gearsets for different encounters in raid and dungeons. Especially in higher keys its vital to always be able to perform the best and most effective damage, whilst surviving the affixes/mechanics.

As Affliction in raiding.
For ST : Mastery => haste -> crit -> vers -> int. Using agony head and execute ring.
For heavy AoE (sephuz and dungeons mostly): Crit and haste, by far. Seed of corruption not gaining benefit from mastery, so mastery looses value on aoe.

ST rotation start: agony, corruption, UA (2nd UA if conc or trinket procc) Deadwind harvester, Drain. Reapply corruption and agony with 25% duration left, into 1 or 2 UA, depending on proccs.

Midfight rotation (very depending on different proccs. Like SS procc from agony, UA reapply procc from artifact, tormented souls from draining/mob deaths, trinket/concordance proccs):
Refresh agony and corruption below 25% duration. UA only when I got souls for Deadwind harvester into Drain soul. Double UA if trinket/conc proccs.
Usualy on raid bosses we lack tormented souls, so double UA is sometimes cast without proccs to fit into the Deadwind harvester windows.

Currently with execute ring, it could be wise to save some SS for execute phase, depending on if boss is on farm or progress. Although keeping on UA for contagion is also beneficial through the fight.

Alts:

Name, class. Ilevel Profficient in current roles:

Rayleighh, Monk. 965 tank/healer and dps
Newtun, shaman. 965 healer and elem
Ewox, DH. 935 Tank and dps
Deivyjones, Druid. 965 Balance
Cekal, DK. 947 Unholy
Ronse, Mage. 965 Arcane and fire

Ive played most of these characters alot, especially in dungeons. I dont consider myself an alt-man, but I am very comfortable on all these classes and speccs.

Professions:

Blacksmithing and tailoring. Remnants of MoP era, may demonology reign supreme again.

Raiding Experience:

I've always raided casually through the different expansions in various degrees of hardcorenes.
Back in Dragon soul I played a ret paladin. Despite missing the BiS haste ring from random bossdrop for several months after progress was over, and without an extremely good raidteam to push the encounter timers, I had top 10 parses on every single bossfight. I could call myself the best retpaladin in that raid tier, and there wouldnt be many to deny me. In MoP I raided with friends, casually going through the content. Pugging SoO and ToT every week and having fun boosting ppl for gold in Challange mode. We even raked up a Realm best time in Scarlet Halls. That mistwalker title is so sweet.
WoD was a dryspell, as for many. In Legion however ive been playing alot, mostly in dungeons with several characters throuh the expansion. In Nighthold I raided as an elem shaman, killing maybe 6 bosses on mythic, in a very casual guild. Tomb was not enjoyable, IMO, and I stayed away from raiding during that period.

Recently, ive invogorated my need for a stable and progressing guild to have fun and kill new bosses in a raid, which is very enjoyable. Everyone and their mum got AotC these days, and I dont have any mythic boss experience in current tier. But I have the mind for progress and the drive to see the demise of Argus mythic within a few months.

Previous Guilds:

Halcyon, Kazzak. During nighthold we raided casually. The officers eventually quit going into ToS, so i found a new guild.
Syndicate, Kazzak. Quickly cleared heroic Tomb with a small core. Left due to burnout/not interesting raidtier. Too punishing on mythic, so I didnt want to raid on that level.

Availability:

Currently I am available for raiding every night of the week, and I have no unexpected things that can collide with the raidtimes.

Communication:

My English should be up to par both written and verbal.
Got teamspeak 3 and Microphone.

Computer / Connection:

1 year old computer, never disconnected from WoW or internet as of yet. No unannounced electric shutdowns in this city. I have a internet Cable plugged to my router, so no wireless issues.
60 ping on kazzak. Never lagged before either, only during server issues.

Addons/UI:

DBM, bartender, DejaCS, Omnicc, Quartz, Shadowed unit frames, Skada, TMW. Currently using tmw cus provides me when the information I need. If needed I can use weakauras instead. Its not an issue.
If I ever miss a mechanic or ability due to not having WA, I will instantly get WA. Ill do anything to enhance my performance.

UI: https://imgur.com/a/9k41q
With TMW, tracking all proccs, debuffs, UA, etc: https://imgur.com/a/SNTBk

Other Games:

Nothing currently.

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking for a progression guild with 2 days per week of raiding. Dont get me wrong, i play the game all other nights of the week aswell, but during those days I usually do higher keys or play on alts  with my friends. Iron Edge looks like a proper guild with a good atmosphere (evident from the guild gathering photos).

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A mentality of a progression raider, always pushing the dps checks and encounter abilites. I pride myself of never failing on encounters, never dying to ruiner or orbs and having never spread necrotic embrace or other wipe-abilites before. I try optimise my gear and talents for the appropriate encounter. Simming differnt items to find values for differnt gearsets and talents. I have 5 gearsets I rotate on through a higher dungeon key, using each Legendary to my advantage when it is possible. You wont see me with execute ring equiped on Helya or Odin (dungeonversions).

I dont have a girlfriend or kids to interfere with the raidtimes and I will have a 100% attendance, along with the neccessary preparations for each raid.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress list of guilds on Kazzak.

Last Words?

I am very well aware of my non-existing mythic progression for Argus, but I am a fast learner and experienced player in general with far too many days played than I maybe should have had. Ive set my sights on a trial spot in this guild, and then you can find out if I am worthy and good enough to help you defeat Argus mythic in the end.

February 17, 2018, 09:44:40 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Brimen
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 09:44:40 pm »
Hi Brimen,

I like your application; not too long and you've addressed pretty much everything I would have wanted to ask about. Except..

We have a very strict cap on how many Norwegians we allow in our raiding team. You see, you guys like to unionize and I can't have that shit. That being said, I've lost track of how many I have now and I gotta do something to counter the increasing influence of the Danish mafia.

Which Scandinavian country do you dislike the most?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 18, 2018, 12:04:13 am
Reply #2

Offline Brimen

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 12:04:13 am »

Which Scandinavian country do you dislike the most?

Getting right down to brass tacks I see.

Denmark has always been a thorn in the side of most nowegians. The influx of danish people coming into our country has been upsetting for us. They come here and act all nice and rational. They even try to have fun and socialize. Can you believe that? Socializing! Face to face! I would like to be left alone when am waiting for the bus, thank you very much!

Also, am sorry to hear about your problems with the Danish mafia. They can certainly be quite troublesome. I guess you have no other choice than to correct this influence by inviting another Norwegian. You know, to restore the balance and all that.
Born to be Brimen. What is Brimen? Yes

February 18, 2018, 12:16:38 am
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 12:16:38 am »
Rash, overrule Moon here.

Detests the danes to a very high standard.

Very nice apply good luck.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

February 18, 2018, 10:33:38 am
Reply #4

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 10:33:38 am »
Hello brimen i guess i will reply as the other local warlock is most likely got his head buried in a "learn japaneese in 50mins book"

First of all a fairly good application with everything well described, although i am a little puzzled as to why you wouldnt run siphon life on single target when you have the 4set, by doing this and always keeping 4set buff on the boss elimates alot of rng from the spec which warlocks have suffered alot from this expansion. Are you familiar with this build and rotation? Also for legendary choice Alan will disagree with me and it may be down to personal sims, but you will usually find that hood and prydaz are best for most bosses on mythic, apart from varimathras, imonar and garothi although it does actually sim a little higher than the ring.

Also do you mind telling me your 2 target build, legendary choice, postioning  and rotation for dogs and coven? this is where warlocks really do shine and what they are best at.

Last of all how do you feel about being spammed all raid by a macro saying "soulstone"?

Best of luck with your application

Regards
Andy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:36:05 am by nerzthuk »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

February 18, 2018, 11:42:36 am
Reply #5

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 11:42:36 am »
Brimen, you failed to mention the Swedes.

Sincerely, the hated Dane

February 18, 2018, 12:34:13 pm
Reply #6

Offline Brimen

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 12:34:13 pm »
First of all a fairly good application with everything well described, although i am a little puzzled as to why you wouldnt run siphon life on single target when you have the 4set, by doing this and always keeping 4set buff on the boss elimates alot of rng from the spec which warlocks have suffered alot from this expansion. Are you familiar with this build and rotation?

The reason for running SC and SoC is purely due heroic raiding/keys, where talent swapping isnt a concern or impossible. I realize that I lack the mythic progression "edge" and that talent swapping between for every boss in Antorus is a must to be the most proficient.
With SL on single target it would act as corruption, pretty much. I know its better than SC on Single and i would use the talent on every boss as neccessary.

Also for legendary choice Alan will disagree with me and it may be down to personal sims, but you will usually find that hood and prydaz are best for most bosses on mythic, apart from varimathras, imonar and garothi although it does actually sim a little higher than the ring.

I've tested this and simmed both options. With my current neck atleast, prydaz gives me a nice 2k crit and socket, in addition to some extra suvivability. Its pretty good, but the execute ring has proven to be very viable. Especially if a few ppl are dead and the last 35% takes longer than it should. Ill continue to sim and weigh the options as I increase my ilevel and my stats change.

Also do you mind telling me your 2 target build, legendary choice, postioning  and rotation for dogs and coven? this is where warlocks really do shine and what they are best at.

Last of all how do you feel about being spammed all raid by a macro saying "soulstone"?

For hounds and coven I would run WiA, absolute corruption and siphon life with the hood and corruption ring. Not quite sure what you mean about positioning on those two fights, since am unfamiliar with mythic strategies.
For the rotation it would be to keep up agony and SL on both targets. Use shards in deadwind windows (less souls due to less time draining). On coven, apply agony as fast as possible on adds and then corruption and SL. UA for prio targets with Deadwind.

Am so used to being spammed for boost, that a tiny little soulstone demand shouldnt bother at all.

February 18, 2018, 03:23:01 pm
Reply #7

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 03:23:01 pm »
Ok once again thanks for answering the question in as much detail as you did.You are quite right the ring will gain more value the longer the boss lives so i can agree with you in that part and it is really down to personal preference I myself sometimes switch to it for various reasons.

I just had a quick scan over your logs and they arnt that bad, but  there was a couple of things about your playstyle that really did catch my eye, you seem to be running our aoe talent  "sow the seeds" on nearly every boss in antrous including all the pure single target encounters, is there a gameplay reason for this or did you just simply forget to change spec?, you are losing so much damage from not running soul harvest i know that the logs are just from heroic but i am interested to know why you would run that?

As for the postioning even on heroic, there is good and there is bad postioning as a warlock on coven, during fire adds there is 2 parts of the room that lets you dot all the adds apart from one while still being able to maintain your agony on the 2 bosses. Lightning postioning yourself as close as other people let you to the middle of the room to again be able to dot them up. On the marching army phase keeping one add banished so that you can kill it just before your wrath of consumtion is about to wear off to maintain the 5% increased dot damage.
As for your 2 target rotation/spec, have you ever tried running WIA A.C SH D.E? i am also keen to know how you manage your 4set buff as it is very valuable part to the rotation.

thanks again for your well written replies

regards
Andy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:29:05 pm by nerzthuk »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

February 18, 2018, 04:31:48 pm
Reply #8

Offline Brimen

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 04:31:48 pm »
I just had a quick scan over your logs and they arnt that bad, but  there was a couple of things about your playstyle that really did catch my eye, you seem to be running our aoe talent  "sow the seeds" on nearly every boss in antrous including all the pure single target encounters, is there a gameplay reason for this or did you just simply forget to change spec?, you are losing so much damage from not running soul harvest i know that the logs are just from heroic but i am interested to know why you would run that?

I completely understand your concern of talent choices, among other things. It is as you said, ive neglected to choose the optimal talents on many heroic antorus bosses. This is simply due to it being maybe not entirely neccessary. Me and my friends breeze through heroic on different alts when we feel like it, and talent swapping between bosses for optimal dps havent been in focus. Ofcourse, as I said earlier, on mythic progression and on farm bosses I would be completely prepared with the correct setup/talents/legendarys for the appropriate boss.

As for the postioning even on heroic, there is good and there is bad postioning as a warlock on coven, during fire adds there is 2 parts of the room that lets you dot all the adds apart from one while still being able to maintain your agony on the 2 bosses. Lightning postioning yourself as close as other people let you to the middle of the room to again be able to dot them up. On the marching army phase keeping one add banished so that you can kill it just before your wrath of consumtion is about to wear off to maintain the 5% increased dot damage.
Now that you have put the positioning aspect into words, I musy say that I very much agree with this. I have never before expressed where I stand on boss encounters to optimalize dps and reach certain adds. Positioning is very natural to me and I dont dwell alot about it midfight, and that is as it should be for everyone. If a mechanic or add spawning in the corner requires me to position myself in a certain way while dodging blades/other mechanic, I will do that without fail.

As for your 2 target rotation/spec, have you ever tried running WIA A.C SH D.E? i am also keen to know how you manage your 4set buff as it is very valuable part to the rotation.
I dont think i've tried that combination of talents before on 2 target bossfight. I imagine it would be very simple to perform. As with the set bonus, 15% dmg on agony, SL and corruption for 8 sec.  On Single target I dont strive to keep a very high uptime on this debuff. I rather try to time UA properly with deadwind. It may or may not be worth to keep UA rolling all fight due to this setbonus and Contagion. I haven't tested it enough to say. Although UA is a massive chunk of our damage, so i rather focus to maximize its potensial.

Thank you for your questions. I am sure you have concerns, as would I.

February 18, 2018, 05:42:23 pm
Reply #9

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 05:42:23 pm »
Hi Brimen,

I hope you've answered Nurzthuk's questions to his satisfaction. But if not, good news! You can continue the conversation during the next couple of raids.

You can poke me or another officer for an invite. Please check out this post to see what raiding with us is all about. If you have any further questions, I'd recommend joining our discord server on the top left of this page.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:03:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 0 Users