Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Supersander (XR)

March 22, 2018, 09:00:42 am
Read 8107 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Supersander (XR)
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:00:42 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Supersander
Server: Ravencrest
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ravencrest/Supersander/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Name: Laurens
I am a Dutch civil engineering student, currently working on my master thesis. I should be finishing up in June.

I know that my character is undergeared (av. 953 Ilvl), but I ask you to take this application in consideration anyway. I've put alot of effort into this application to try and convince you of my ability as a Balance Druid.

Class/Spec:

I am quite fond of the balance druid. I believe the toolkit that this class brings to a raid is amazing. Spells like Mass Engagement, Typhoon and Innervate make it a solid addition to any team. Besides this, the rotation is quite fun to play and the damage output of a good balance druid is very solid on any fight or M+. I absolutely love that there are multiple viable builds to go into different fights. Soul of the Forrest vs. Incarnation: Chosen of Elune (Heavy AOE vs. Single/duo target), Shooting stars vs. Blessing of the Ancients (Any AOE vs. single target). The only thing I dislike is with the Oneth's Intuition legendary I don’t have to think about my level 100 talent, where Stellar Drift is now mandatory in any situation.

My gearing philosophy is quite straight forward. Basically Mastery> Haste> Intellect> Critical Strike> Versatility. This goes for single target aswel as AOE. This is because my mastery increases my starfall's (main aoe ability) and my starsurge's (main single target ability) damage. Haste is quit important because it lets me build up my astral power faster, which in turn means more astral power to spend into starfall/starsurge. Intellect is quite straight forward and the other 2 (crit/vers) are trivial for my spec.

Single target rotation:
1. Maintain Moonfire and Sunfire.
2. Starsurge.
3. New/Half/Full Moon.
4. Solar Wrath if Solar Empowerment is up
5. Lunar Strike if Lunar Empowerment is up.
6. Solar Wrath if no Empowerment is up.

2+ target rotation:
1. Maintain Moonfire and Sunfire.
2. Starfall.
3. New/Half/Full Moon.
    4 and 5 are only possible through Oneth's Intuition.
4. Solar Wrath if Solar Empowerment is up.
5. Lunar Strike if Lunar Empowerment is up.
6. Solar Wrath if no Empowerment is up.

Opener:
1. Pot at 3 seconds before pull and Solar Wrath twice.
2. New Moon.
3. Moonfire and Sunfire.
4. Half Moon.
5. Full Moon.
6. Incarnation: Chosen of Elune.
7. Start normal single target rotation.

Alts:

N.A. I've been away for a while. I've only had time to play this toon. The first thing that comes close to an alt, is my holy priest that I played during EN. 890 Ilvl.

Professions:

My professions are Herbalism and Alchemy (both max level). I used to level my professions to get the profession bonus. But since that has been taken out of the game, I only use them to not have to buy flasks/pots on the AH anymore. Quite a lame reason, but professions are not that important imo.

Raiding Experience:

Assume for this list that “cleared” means cleared the content when that specific patch was live.

Example: clearing Ulduar during the ICC patch does not count as “cleared”.

Vanilla: Cleared everything (including MC, BWL, AQ20, ZG) up to the Twin Emperors in AQ40.

BC: Didn’t play.

Wrath: Cleared heroic ICC + Obsidian sanctum.

Cataclysm: cleared the first tier normal and Dragon Soul Heroic on the second nerf (out of 5 nerfs).

MoP: Cleared everything on Heroic.

WoD: Cleared Highmaul mythic, BRF normal, HFC mythic.

Legion: cleared EN mythic and first 2 bosses of ToV. Then quit the game due to final phase of my master.

Previous Guilds:

These reasons are not in order of importance. My first reason is that I am preparing for Battle for Azeroth. I want to play horde for the next expansion. My second reason is, is that I am now a social in my current guild and their recruitment is closed (for ranged dps). Honestly, this is quite a friendly guild, with an amazing guild leader. I will be sad to not play with these guys anymore, since I have been in this guild since just before the start of the HFC patch. But I find the 2 reasons above to be enough to leave.

Availability:

I will be leaving for Singapore on the 6th of April for research purposes for my master thesis. I will be back the 16th of April. After that I will be available during raid nights, with a near 100% attendance. Besides these times, I will be available sporadicly through the week.

Communication:

Yes Yes and Yes.

Computer / Connection:

I'm playing wow on the preset "10" graphics without any problems. Solid 100 fps (capped). My internet connection is very stable. I can't remember the last time that I disconnected from a game. My ping is somewhere in the range of 12-15. I do not lag.

Addons/UI:

https://imgur.com/a/3wVDO Screenshot of my UI.

Weak Aura's: To track my cooldowns (including my non-dps cooldowns), buffs and debuffs.
Deadly boss mods: Kinda speaks for itself, I guess.

I have all my abilities keybound. The important ones that aren't shown are:
Moonkin Form: Mouse button 1 (when out of Moonkin Form).
Remove Corruption: Mouse button 3.
Innervate: C.

Honestly, my bars are kind of a mess but I track all my cooldowns and abililities through weak auras. Even cooldowns like Dash and Wild Charge. I never look at my bars anyway.

Other Games:

I hardly have time for other games, but when I do I play either Overwatch or Player Unknown's Battlegrounds with friends.

Why Iron Edge?

I found your guild on wow progress, scrolling through the Kazzak guild list. I am specifically looking for a guild that raids 2 nights a week excluding Sundays. There are not many guilds that have this structure. I believe that I could fit into your guild, because I am a patient and friendly person. I am also always up for events like group pvp or M+ runs. Besides this, your guild has good progression compared to the amount of time you spend raiding, which indicates decent players and/or decent raidleading. Scrolling through your site, I see that you have a tight-knight core. This is what my previous guild had aswel and I liked it a great deal.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a patient and friendly player, always willing to help out. Especially when it comes to showing new players the ways of WoW. Besides this I am always the person sign up for the odd jobs during progress raids (example: the conveyer belt on the Siege master Blackfuse fight). Variety and knowing every aspect of a fight makes this game fun for me.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

See above.

Last Words?

My gearing philosophy is quite straight forward. Basically Mastery> Haste> Intellect> Critical Strike> Versatility. This would be my preferred path, but since I just recently started playing again, I took what I could get. This is why my gear (some set pieces and trinkets) are poorly optimized. I’m still missing 1 key legendary, which is the Impeccable Fel Essence, increasing my damage on single target fights.

For the upcoming expansion I haven’t decided what to play yet. This has partly to do with my attitude towards teamplay. I am always willing to play the spec that’s missing from a raid team (to a certain extend). For the next expansion my choice of spec can be discussed with the raider leader. I’ve divided all specs over 4 tiers. Tier 1 and 2 are specs I see myself playing as main spec for next expansion, leaning slightly towards tier 1. I would still be happy playing a tier 2 spec. Tier 3 is a spec I would not main, however I would be ok with as an OS (estimate 1 in 10 fights). Tier 4 are specs I definitely do not want to play, not even as OS.

Tier 1
Frost (Mage)
Fire
Frost (Death Knight)
Brewmaster
Balance
Protection (Paladin)
Marksmanship
Beastmastery
Affliction

Tier 2
Elemental
Subtlety
Assasination
Shadow
Arms
Fury
Mistweaver
Demonology

Tier 3
Restoration (Shaman)
Outlaw
Discipline
Holy (Priest)
Arcane
Protection (Warrior)
Windwalker
Restoration (Druid)

Tier 4
Enhancement
Havoc
Vengeance
Holy (Paladin)
Retribution
Survival
Destruction

March 22, 2018, 12:47:55 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Supersander (XR)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 12:47:55 pm »
Very Nice application well detailed.

So my understanding this apply is for a place in the guild more so than just your Druid as you may change to what we need? Is this correct if not let the officers know by replying to this apply.

More imprtoantly what’s wrong with retri paladins or holy for that fact aye paladins are master class you know 😂

Good luck on the apply and I’m sure an officer will get to you with any questions they have.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

March 22, 2018, 12:55:30 pm
Reply #2

Offline Supersander

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 12:55:30 pm »
Thank you!

And yes, that's right. I am looking at "the bigger picture" here. The strongest toon I have is this balance druid, hence this application. However I am willing to reroll to any of my tier 1 and tier 2 specs, stated in the application. This can be right now (which does mean that i have to use my BfA boost and start from 0) or at the start of BfA. I honestly would be happy to play any spec since I find my tier 1 and 2 very enjoyable.

To be perfectly clear: All palandins suck! ... Just kidding. Protection is imo a very enjoyable spec. About the other 2... I have nothing against the specs (or the players that play them). I just prefer other playstyles and toolkits. :)

March 22, 2018, 01:00:46 pm
Reply #3

Offline Supersander

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 01:00:46 pm »
And yes, that's right. I am looking at "the bigger picture" here. The strongest toon I have is this balance druid, hence this application. However I am willing to reroll to any of my tier 1 and tier 2 specs, stated in the application. This can be right now (which does mean that i have to use my BfA boost and start from 0) or at the start of BfA. I honestly would be happy to play any spec since I find my tier 1 and 2 very enjoyable.

In addition: I've played this game for a long time and I have raid experience on ranged, melee, tanking and healing. I feel quite comfortable on any class. If I would be asked to reroll, if feel that it would not impare my performance.

March 22, 2018, 02:03:36 pm
Reply #4

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 02:03:36 pm »
To be perfectly clear: All palandins suck! ... Just kidding. Protection is imo a very enjoyable spec. About the other 2... I have nothing against the specs (or the players that play them). I just prefer other playstyles and toolkits. :)

Saved.

Good Luck on your application.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:12:39 pm by Pratiarch »

March 22, 2018, 02:15:51 pm
Reply #5

Offline dráani

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 02:15:51 pm »
hi supersander

First of all very nice application

Second of all im not an officer but having looked over your character abit and your logs ive noticed you have only really killed most bosses twice on heroic and the last 2 once(the ones we are progressing mythic on) would you be able to be thrown into the deep end of content and handle the mechanics even though having so little experience on heroic?

Also your gear is quite low for what we are currently  progressing, how would you plan to gear up as we skip to imonar now weekly and miss the bottom bosses.

best of luck

regards andy
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

March 22, 2018, 02:32:28 pm
Reply #6

Offline Supersander

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 02:32:28 pm »
hi supersander
This name will definately be changed  :o
First of all very nice application
Thank you.
Second of all im not an officer but having looked over your character abit and your logs ive noticed you have only really killed most bosses twice on heroic and the last 2 once(the ones we are progressing mythic on) would you be able to be thrown into the deep end of content and handle the mechanics even though having so little experience on heroic?
This is a very good question.
I do think I will be able to handle the mechanics on all the fights. I have (although not being this expansion) great high end raiding experience. Researching (Fatboss youtube) the fights beforehand will give me some information about the fights. However with the av. Ilvl I have and actually experiencing the fights for the first time (on mythic) makes it so that at the start I will be carried, because all of your players are simply more experienced in Antorus then I am. However, it should take no more than 2 resets (that is a promise) to learn the farm fights, since your group probably blasts through these. First 2 resets I will fully focus on not dying and figuring out the mechanics. As for the progress fights, I feel like I am a quick learner and will catch up with the rest of the team fairly quick.
Also your gear is quite low for what we are currently  progressing, how would you plan to gear up as we skip to imonar now weekly and miss the bottom bosses.
I have no illusions about this. My gear is indeed not up to par (as stated in my application). My plan is to get the items that you guys dont need/want and do some high M+ to grab other missing pieces. I might just PuG the bottom couple of bosses aswel, since the LFG tool opened up cross realm Antorus this week.
best of luck
Thanks again.

March 22, 2018, 02:42:36 pm
Reply #7

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 02:42:36 pm »
I have no illusions about this. My gear is indeed not up to par (as stated in my application). My plan is to get the items that you guys dont need/want and do some high M+ to grab other missing pieces. I might just PuG the bottom couple of bosses aswel, since the LFG tool opened up cross realm Antorus this week.

I believe that you are still locked to a specific ID on mythic - meaning you can't just pug Bosses. I am not super confident in how exactly it works, but i believe this to be current state. (Able to LFG current Mythic tier is new)

Ps. If anyone is sure about how it works - feel free to correct me, this was merely a heads up

Prat

March 22, 2018, 02:45:37 pm
Reply #8

Offline Supersander

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 02:45:37 pm »

I believe that you are still locked to a specific ID on mythic - meaning you can't just pug Bosses. I am not super confident in how exactly it works, but i believe this to be current state. (Able to LFG current Mythic tier is new)

Ps. If anyone is sure about how it works - feel free to correct me, this was merely a heads up

Prat

You are probably right. I hadn't thought about that. Good call!
The rest of the 'plan' still applies.

March 23, 2018, 10:21:19 am
Reply #9

Offline Supersander

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 10:21:19 am »
I thought about yesterdays comments, and I have a proposition. If you can promise me a trail after you and your main team kill argus, I will accept the trail and I will start playing 1 of my Tier 1 or 2 specs in your guild.

Upside:
- This way my crappy gear won't be a big deal, since progression has ended.
- My trail can be on all of the (at that point) farm bosses, where you can take your time and observe me.
- I have time so say goodbye to my guild and go to Singapore.
- You will have a very versatile player on your team, ready to play a wide varietiy of specs comming expention.

Downside:
- You will not be able to test me on progression.

I am fully aware that this would be a trail and not a certain raidspot.

Let me know what you think of this idea.

March 23, 2018, 04:34:03 pm
Reply #10

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 04:34:03 pm »
Hi Super,

What are your previous guilds please? What were your reasons for leaving those guilds.

Can you link logs of recent fights for us to assess your performance.

If I'm honest there's a few things in your application that concern me.

Firstly, your computer.  Exactly what system are you playing on that gives performance of a solid 100fps at max level settings?  You're in the Netherlands right? Ping of 12-15ms is mighty impressive.  I'd have thought you would need to live inside the server to achieve that kimd of ping.  Your UI screenshot shows fps of 99 with ping 12, but that's in Dreamgrove.  I'd like to see a UI screenshot in combat with a 20 man raid where there are animations all over lile Portal Keeper or Eonar.

Another concern is your mythic experience of recent tiers and expansions.  You have killed very few bosses on Heroic let alone mythic.  I feel our group is too far through the instance for you to catch up in both gear an experience.  Recruiting for BfA at this point in my opinion is too early.

My biggest concern of all is yoir list of classes ans specs.  We have all bee playing this game for a long time and if we have learnt one thing, its that you have to practice ypur class endlessly over a number of expansions to master it.  Listing every spec and class in the game and saying 'I'll play anything' doesn't inspire confidence in you to perform at the required level on each and every spec.

Overall I am of the opinion that our main team might not be the best fit for you, nor you for the team.  We do have other teams within the guild however that appear to be more around the level you are currently playing at.  Learning with people rather than hanging on to the tails is always better.

What are your thoughts?

Tutan

March 23, 2018, 06:49:09 pm
Reply #11

Offline Supersander

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 06:49:09 pm »
Hi Super,

What are your previous guilds please? What were your reasons for leaving those guilds.

Can you link logs of recent fights for us to assess your performance.

If I'm honest there's a few things in your application that concern me.

Firstly, your computer.  Exactly what system are you playing on that gives performance of a solid 100fps at max level settings?  You're in the Netherlands right? Ping of 12-15ms is mighty impressive.  I'd have thought you would need to live inside the server to achieve that kimd of ping.  Your UI screenshot shows fps of 99 with ping 12, but that's in Dreamgrove.  I'd like to see a UI screenshot in combat with a 20 man raid where there are animations all over lile Portal Keeper or Eonar.

Another concern is your mythic experience of recent tiers and expansions.  You have killed very few bosses on Heroic let alone mythic.  I feel our group is too far through the instance for you to catch up in both gear an experience.  Recruiting for BfA at this point in my opinion is too early.

My biggest concern of all is yoir list of classes ans specs.  We have all bee playing this game for a long time and if we have learnt one thing, its that you have to practice ypur class endlessly over a number of expansions to master it.  Listing every spec and class in the game and saying 'I'll play anything' doesn't inspire confidence in you to perform at the required level on each and every spec.

Overall I am of the opinion that our main team might not be the best fit for you, nor you for the team.  We do have other teams within the guild however that appear to be more around the level you are currently playing at.  Learning with people rather than hanging on to the tails is always better.

What are your thoughts?

Tutan

Honestly, I find these questions quite strange.

Firstly, If you would have read my application, you could see that I have been in my current guild for nearly 3 years (start of the HFC patch, roughly    
2015-06-23). I also stated my reason for leaving.

Secondly, I havent played this game for over a year (quit after EN). All the logs I have from that raid period are: 1. logs of a holy priest and 2. hopelessly outdated.

Thridly, why would I lie about my setup? And even if I did, Im running enough fps to properly raid.

Fourthly, thats why I made the proposition. I do not feel that it's too early to recruit for BfA. Now is the time to try out new people. If I for example feel like the guild is not my fit, I have enough time to find a new one. On the other hand, if the raid team decides I'm no fit for your team, you can get rid of me on time to find a new player.

Fifthly, I 100% disagree on your last opinion.
1. Versatility in class knowlage makes you a better raider. You know what other people can and cannot do. Especially when working out tactics for a progress boss is this important.
2. I'm not planning on playing multiple classes for BfA. I pick 1 class and play that one. The class will fit into the raid team, filling up an "unwanted" spot. I will be playing that class only and I will git gud at that 1 class.

Lastly, wether you think I am a good fit or not for the main raid team, I am only applying for that spot. I know I am a good raider and I don't want to raid beneath my level. If you decide to decline me, no hard feelings here. Thats how the world (of warcraft) works.

I realise that my wording seems a bit aggresive at times, however I did not write this in a sour/salty state. I just didn't know how to word it diffirentely without spending too much time on it.

March 23, 2018, 07:21:33 pm
Reply #12

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 07:21:33 pm »
Looks like you passed the Tutan Test, that was quite the coherent and reasonable response to a Tutan post, you didn't even swear or call him a drunk ol' Scot once!

Let's wait for Moon, the ranged officer to weigh in, or Rash (our benevolent dictator). It's unfortunate timing to apply now that we are skipping most mythic bosses and going straight for Aggramar, but I like your suggestion. We have plenty of heroic raids going where you can get some lucky TF and there's always some m+ going on.

We are all about the long term players that finds our community to be something they want to be a part of for years to come, not just the 7.X raider that stays with us for a few months. For that you might be worth the investment.

March 23, 2018, 11:50:12 pm
Reply #13

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 11:50:12 pm »
I Think Tutan got owned, kick Tutan and invite this fellow

March 24, 2018, 02:03:19 am
Reply #14

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 02:03:19 am »
Looks like you passed the Tutan Test, that was quite the coherent and reasonable response to a Tutan post, you didn't even swear or call him a drunk ol' Scot once!

Let's wait for Moon, the ranged officer to weigh in, or Rash (our benevolent dictator). It's unfortunate timing to apply now that we are skipping most mythic bosses and going straight for Aggramar, but I like your suggestion. We have plenty of heroic raids going where you can get some lucky TF and there's always some m+ going on.

We are all about the long term players that finds our community to be something they want to be a part of for years to come, not just the 7.X raider that stays with us for a few months. For that you might be worth the investment.

Agree with Arch here, Tutan you are likely need a translator for this level of coherent english spoken here, considering your scottish and if Andy gets his way you will be all alone and we will join trump and build a wall, for lazy language. 

SuperSander my only concern for this tier is more your joining right at the end of an expansion, were we dont farm anything, we're focusing on argus then likely mounts for all.  Moon will comment as a range officer, but you will probably need to farm hard to make the cut/consideration for this tier for any progression boss as right now you seem low on the gear level.  That said you seem a very decent applied person from the quality of your application.

good luck on your application.

thanks
Paul

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:38:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 1 User
Oni