Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Supersander (XR)

March 24, 2018, 07:48:25 am
Reply #15

Offline Supersander

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Supersander (XR)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 07:48:25 am »
Looks like you passed the Tutan Test, that was quite the coherent and reasonable response to a Tutan post, you didn't even swear or call him a drunk ol' Scot once!

Let's wait for Moon, the ranged officer to weigh in, or Rash (our benevolent dictator). It's unfortunate timing to apply now that we are skipping most mythic bosses and going straight for Aggramar, but I like your suggestion. We have plenty of heroic raids going where you can get some lucky TF and there's always some m+ going on.

We are all about the long term players that finds our community to be something they want to be a part of for years to come, not just the 7.X raider that stays with us for a few months. For that you might be worth the investment.

Agree with Arch here, Tutan you are likely need a translator for this level of coherent english spoken here, considering your scottish and if Andy gets his way you will be all alone and we will join trump and build a wall, for lazy language. 

SuperSander my only concern for this tier is more your joining right at the end of an expansion, were we dont farm anything, we're focusing on argus then likely mounts for all.  Moon will comment as a range officer, but you will probably need to farm hard to make the cut/consideration for this tier for any progression boss as right now you seem low on the gear level.  That said you seem a very decent applied person from the quality of your application.

good luck on your application.

thanks
Paul

Thank you for your feedback. I know my timing is terrible, however I hope that that won't be too big of an issue.

March 24, 2018, 06:16:58 pm
Reply #16

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 06:16:58 pm »
Great application and overall an articulate defense of it. I'm gonna chalk the "stable 100 fps on 10 settings" up as a statement of ignorance, rather than a lie. Simply because I agree; why would anyone lie about that? The 15 ping is perfectly plausible Tutan, I have the same.

You seem like a great guy and I suspect you'll fit in well. As previously stated, your gear and timing is a problem. You are welcome to join the guild, but I'm not able to guarantee you a raid spot until we can expect you to hold your own on the last couple of mythic bosses.

Would you agree with that?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

March 24, 2018, 07:45:29 pm
Reply #17

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 07:45:29 pm »
Hi Super,

Firstly, I did read your application. Thoroughly.  Thats why Im asling you these questions.

Secondly, your responses do come across aggressively to me and I have taken them that way.  Im a sociable person but Ill say openly you have rubbed me the wrong way here.

Thirdly, you have answered litlle of my questions and turned them around to what you want to say, so Ill ask them again.

Fourthly, at no point have I said you lied.  You did.

Lets get started on the questions

1. What are your computer specs.

2. What guilds have you been.  Call this a game of 'name the guild'

3. Please link logs of your current performance.

Lets focus on three easy questions for just now.  Direct answers please.

I understand your reasoning in applying for a new guild this early, I concede this is a good point.  If I was in the position of looking for a new guild it would be entirely reasonable to check out the guild first.

Having knowledge of other classes and specs does make you a better player, undoubtedly.  I find it difficult to believe anyone has a good enough grasp of every class and spec in the game to play at the level required for mythic.  Unless you are the best player we have ever met and just dont realise it at this moment in time.

You have already been invited to join the guild, I dont have an issue with that at all but lets clear this bout of questions and answers up so neither you or I feel anything but satisfied with the outcome and both of us can get on with being guildmates.

Im not in to elephants in the room

March 26, 2018, 08:21:07 am
Reply #18

Offline Supersander

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 08:21:07 am »
Great application and overall an articulate defense of it. I'm gonna chalk the "stable 100 fps on 10 settings" up as a statement of ignorance, rather than a lie. Simply because I agree; why would anyone lie about that? The 15 ping is perfectly plausible Tutan, I have the same.

You seem like a great guy and I suspect you'll fit in well. As previously stated, your gear and timing is a problem. You are welcome to join the guild, but I'm not able to guarantee you a raid spot until we can expect you to hold your own on the last couple of mythic bosses.

Would you agree with that?

I'm sad to say, that I have to retract my application. To spread my chances I applied to 2 guilds, both kazzak and both roughly the same progression. I have picked the other guild.

This guild seems like a great guild, with a great community. I hope you guys fair well and kill Argus soon.

I also hope that there are no hard feelings (Tutan aswel, I realise that you only want the best for this guild and you are probabily very passionate about this community).

(P.S. I know the guild rules said only to apply to this guild and no other. But look at my gear man... I needed to spread my chances. So sorry about that)

Good luck in the future!

March 26, 2018, 01:24:54 pm
Reply #19

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 01:24:54 pm »
Good luck to you!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:38:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 1 User
Naasty