Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Irisu (XR)

April 06, 2018, 12:01:11 am
Read 7607 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Irisu (XR)
« on: April 06, 2018, 12:01:11 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Irisu
Server: Tarren-Mill
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Tarren-Mill/Irisu/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

I am a 22 year old guy from Denmark. I am a student web-designer that strives to do more than asked. Since my field of study is mostly self-study, I have a lot of flexibility in my day-to-day schedule.

Class/Spec:

I am maining a Fury Warrior which is currently ilvl 962. I've always been Fury by heart, as it fits my personal play style a lot.
Apart from that I have both a very active Arms and Protection off-spec that I also keep up-to-date. All specs have both BiS legendaries, 75 traits (78 fury).

There's little variation for Fury Warriors in Antorus, but what we got makes a huge difference.
For the majority we run our standard 2332212 talent setup
For AHC, Hasabel and Eonar we spec into War Machine and Wrecking Ball to hugely increase our AoE output and on AHC, War Machine makes us pretty much lusted for the entirety of the fight.
On Eonar we also grab Shockwave for that extra bit of CC on the adds.

Currently working towards getting the Umbral Moonglaives trinket from Sisters in ToS, as it provides very consistent AoE and is the next best AoE trinket after the Terminus Signaling Beacon from AHC, which I've unfortunately not been able to pilfer from anybody yet.

I juggle between 4 Legendaries currently in Antorus.

Legs + Ring as default is there's a decent Execute phase
Helm + Legs if the Execute phase either isn't too important or a short one.
Belt + Legs for general AoE heavy fights (AHC, Eonar)

Alts:

I have nearly every class level 110, with a couple of them (nearly) Antorus Mythic ready.
Mage: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/stroxx
Rogue: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/premium
Monk: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/wombtickler

Professions:

I've only Alchemy for 2 hour flask and Enchanting for the quick buck when doing WQ's for Disenchanting.

Raiding Experience:

I started raiding (seriously) in late WotLK with the ambition of getting better, both mechanically and in terms of teamwork. I will list everything I've done prior to the release of new content:
Tier 10: 12/12hc 10-man - 11/12hc 25-man. (Moonkin)
Tier 11: 11/13hc - Skipped Ascendant Council and Conclave of Winds due to being nearly impossible on 10-man - WR 967 (Rogue)
Tier 12: 7/7hc - WR 810 due to roster problems (DK Tank)
Tier 13: 8/8hc - WR 418 (DK Tank)
Tier 14: 16/16hc - Overall WR 492 (DK Tank/Warlock)
Tier 15: 13/13hc - WR 343 (Warlock)
Tier 16: 14/14M - WR 176 (Warlock)
Tier 17: 7/7M HM and 10/10M BRF - WR 162 (Warlock)
Tier 18: 13/13M - Just before Legion (Hunter)
Tier 19 7/7M EN, 3/3M ToV and 10/10M NH (Mage)
Tier 20: 6/9M ToS - WR 570 Mistress before the guild disbanded (Mage)
Tier 21: 6/11M - Where I am currently (Warrior)

Previous Guilds:

Deus ex Machina:
At the time the guild was very segregated with a bunch of "friendship"-kind of pools. One of the factors was the skill level of players was very different and when Cataclysm finally rolled out, a very tight group went and formed Monument to Regularity, myself included.

Monument to Regularity (Officer):
Hands down the greatest guild I've ever raided with. I learned super much from playing with these individuals and had insane growth in level all the way to the end. We decided to disband the guild due to a lot of the core raiders stepping down and since we had our own way of dealing with things (we went with everyone being officers and had no leadership in order to gain individual responsibility for growth sake), it was the best to just leave it as it was and move on from that point.

Converge:
Great guild with an awesome leadership. Ultimately decided to leave them as we had a bit of falling out, and to not make it worse I stepped down. Still good friends with a lot of them and they helped me grow even more competitively than I was when I joined them.

Noobs TBH:
Apart from Monument to Regularity, this was my favourite guild. Everybody were on the same page constantly and we had a laugh while progressing. Progression after Mistress Mythic left us all very burnt out and during Fallen Avatar we decided to split. Still friends with most of them today.

Panda:
As far as my departure from my current guild, our officers have told us that the guild is on the verge of disbanding, as we're having problems keeping even 20 people together, regardless of class/spec. They are in full support on all of their members finding new homes.

Availability:

No upcoming event will impact my playtime. You will expect a full 100% attendance from my side on all raids aswell!!

Communication:

While english is not my native tongue, I have developed it so that I've become fluent. I have installed TS3 and able to listen at all times. I have a working microphone aswell.

Computer / Connection:

Specs:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
Intel Core i7 4770k CPU
MSI z93 motherboard
32GB RAM
256GB SSD where I run WoW and like a gazillion of HDD space

I run WoW at 144fps at all times, even GPU heavy raid encounters.

Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5400051713

Addons/UI:

UI: https://imgur.com/a/Ac4N8

Key Elements of the UI:
Unintrusive unit frames, yet informative.
BigWigs
Weakauras

In the middle of the screen it is very clear that my Fury Warrior Toolkit is present.
It's an array of aura frames based off of Weakauras that keeps my cooldowns, trinkets, # of targets and % of boss hp for execute at all times. It also tracks auras such as Juggernaut, Sense Death etc.

Other Games:

I play a lot of osu! and League of Legends. I also hover around whatever my friends are currently playing (apart from FPS games).

Why Iron Edge?

I wish to go all the way and catch a Cutting Edge: Argus and look forward to BfA.
When I look for a guild I don't see it as just a mindless bunch of individuals, whose sole purpose is only raiding. While it is the first priority, I want to look for a place to call home and make friends while at it. I hope to find that in Iron Edge, people are guildies and not strangers. I wish to do social activities with everybody, regardless of what it entails.
Most importantly, your guild looks FUN to be a part of!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I offer:
Consistency.
Communication.
A lot of flexibility.
Leadership.
Somebody who is not afraid of taking responsibility.
A witty guy and an overall nice teammate.

You will get to know a guy that strives to always improve our play. If you choose me, you will get someone who wants to set aside their personal gains and strive towards making everybody's playing experience enjoyable.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I saw you were recruiting people on Wowprogress.

Last Words?

Please do contact me, I would love to have a chat with any one of you that reads this. I sound so much better in voice than I do written :)

April 06, 2018, 12:14:35 am
Reply #1

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Irisu (XR)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:14:35 am »
Most importantly, your guild looks FUN to be a part of!

Not for a Dane.

April 06, 2018, 12:28:23 am
Reply #2

Offline Waldoh xd

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 12:28:23 am »
While i do appreciate your application, i must also admire your bravery, applying as a Dane. We are a small group of oppressed danish individuals on the team, that are being controlled by fear and tyranny, from the leadership.

But if you muster up the courage to raid with us anyway, i wish you all luck on your application! You've put in the time and effort :)

- Psy

April 06, 2018, 01:36:46 am
Reply #3

Offline Vicious

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:36:46 am »
Hey Irisu,

First of all, very good application you clearly did put the effort in it and that goes a long way. Unfortunately, i am the only warrior in the main raid currently so its both good and exciting to see a fellow warrior applying to the guild. With that being said, I have some questions for you.

Can you go over your rotation or to put it correctly your priority list for me? basically what do u think about when you are in a fight. Do you think ahead and expect lucky procs or do you play it safe?
One thing i find helpful is a player who can fully utilize his class. Do you have the ability to tank on a good level? or at some point in the future if fury isn't viable anymore and Arms is pulling miles ahead would u consider switching to arms or would u stay fury? (That's something i would never do, Arms sucks  ;D)
Lastly, you would have to compete with our favorite Dane Fab. Would that be something that would make you uncomfortable?.

Good luck on your application,

Tip: Rash hates Heroic leap and he is Prydaz #1 fan.

Vicious,

April 06, 2018, 11:31:47 am
Reply #4

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 11:31:47 am »
Like any self respecting internet user I went straight to the comments then read your application backwards.

I wasn't taking what Psyanite said about you being a Dane seriously but one of the last things I read confirmed it; let my disappointment be known.

Your application is pretty good but despite having a 110 warrior I know nothing about the class other than heroic leap is amazing fun.

Do you have any logs to show us? This will help our beautiful melee officer decide if you're a a shitter or just a Dane!  Haha! Just kidding, shitters aint that bad.

Im all seriousness, logs would be great.  If you dont have them, get in touch and I'll help you with how to make some.  Overall damage isn't the priority, us being able to see everything else you're up to that's needed.

Peace!

Tutan

April 06, 2018, 12:04:43 pm
Reply #5

Online Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 12:04:43 pm »
Hi Irisu,

Nice apply, shame bout the dane thing though.

Found your current logs with ease, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/irisu

Only thing to ask is what part of Denmark do you hail from, this is vitally important so we don’t have a danish turf war on our hands.

Good luck on the apply.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

April 06, 2018, 12:18:14 pm
Reply #6

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 12:18:14 pm »
He said Dane - not Swede, so he must be from Jylland, the prime part of Denmark.

April 06, 2018, 12:41:29 pm
Reply #7

Offline Irisu

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 12:41:29 pm »
Holy moly the response is unprecedented, I'll do my best to repond to all in this reply  ;)

shame bout the dane thing though.

While i do appreciate your application, i must also admire your bravery, applying as a Dane. We are a small group of oppressed danish individuals on the team, that are being controlled by fear and tyranny, from the leadership.

Not for a Dane.
Don't worry, been there done that. In Monument to Regularity it was a 9/10 swedish guild, so I've taken the brunt of abuse over the years. Perhaps I'm slightly masochistic :thinking:

Can you go over your rotation or to put it correctly your priority list for me? basically what do u think about when you are in a fight. Do you think ahead and expect lucky procs or do you play it safe?
I would like to break this up into 4 different priority lists.

-BC Priority
-Non-BC priority
-Execute-BC Priority
-Execute Priority

BC Prio:
100 rage Rampage
Enraged Odyn's Fury
Bloodthirst
Raging Blow

Of course with Odyn's Fury it's hit or miss if you get lucky with Odyn's Glory for the extra 20 rage, but a sample of what it would look like if I'm lucky:
Battle Cry + Avatar + Bloodbath +  Rampage
Odyn's Fury (Odyn's Glory procs and gives you 20 rage)
Bloodthirst
Rampage
Raging Blow
Bloodthirst
Raging Blow
(If I'm not at 100 rage at this point, I use the BE racial for the extra 15 rage)
Rampage

Non-BC Prio:
100 Raged Rampage
Bloodthirst
Raging Blow
Furious Slash

Execute-BC Prio:
(Keeping near 100 rage threshold to keep the Frothing Berserker talent buff)
Enraged Execute
Massacre Procced Rampage
Execute

Execute Prio:
Enraged Execute
Massacre Procced Rampage
Execute
Bloodthirst
Odyn's Fury
Raging Blow
Furious Slash

One thing i find helpful is a player who can fully utilize his class. Do you have the ability to tank on a good level? or at some point in the future if fury isn't viable anymore and Arms is pulling miles ahead would u consider switching to arms or would u stay fury? (That's something i would never do, Arms sucks  ;D)

While I do prefer my Fury as a main spec, I've done plenty of tanking throughout Antorus to feel comfortable on it. Arms I don't mind too much (unless I'm starved for rage, in which case I want to cry), and would happily switch if it were to get a crazy buff or something (who knows in BfA).

Tip: Rash hates Heroic leap and he is Prydaz #1 fan.

Your application is pretty good but despite having a 110 warrior I know nothing about the class other than heroic leap is amazing fun.

I mean it's pretty obvious at this point that Heroic Leap is the greatest ability in game, next to Eye of Kilrogg.

He said Dane - not Swede, so he must be from Jylland, the prime part of Denmark.

Only thing to ask is what part of Denmark do you hail from, this is vitally important so we don’t have a danish turf war on our hands.

I am from the "best" part of Denmark, which is Fyn. Where every autistic man child is born and no LAN parties are held!

I hope that answers everything for now, please do come at me with more hard-hitting questions^^

April 06, 2018, 12:45:58 pm
Reply #8

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 12:45:58 pm »
Aha! Fyn er fin, Good application never the less, GL with it!

Sincerely the worst Dane

April 06, 2018, 02:39:51 pm
Reply #9

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 02:39:51 pm »
As a Swede I have a love hate relation with Danes. But judging by your replies to the barrage of idiocy... I must say I like you. You seem intelligent enough to know your class well, speak clearly (better than a few of our resident English folk) and have enough of a twisted mind.

Good luck on your application.

April 06, 2018, 03:51:12 pm
Reply #10

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 03:51:12 pm »
6 mythics, not Danes have ever progressed further than 6 mythics

April 09, 2018, 09:59:18 pm
Reply #11

Offline Irisu

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 09:59:18 pm »
Hey again, managed to get into a mythic pug today and get some more logs. Managed only to kill a few bosses, but gained some better ranks on today's progress (and some slight better gear).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/irisu

Also I managed to find my mage's logs that I used during ToS

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/stroxx#rankingzone=13

April 11, 2018, 12:30:15 am
Reply #12

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 12:30:15 am »
Hi Irisu,

Sorry it took me a while to respond, we've had quite a bit of discussion about this application for the last couple of days. While we all agree that we think you're qualified and that you'd fit in with us well, we have a bit of an issue recruiting new members exclusively for Argus, which is where our raid currently is progressing.

I can offer you a social spot with a potential future raiding spot, but I'm afraid I can't make any promises for a raid spot in the short term.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

April 11, 2018, 08:00:21 pm
Reply #13

Offline Irisu

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 08:00:21 pm »
Hey Rash,

While I do want to look forward to BfA, I'm also very much interested in getting Antorus cleared before Cutting Edge will become unavailable, so I'm a little bit torn about your proposal.
I want to give it some more thought before I land on my decision, sounds fair?

April 21, 2018, 12:06:40 am
Reply #14

Offline Irisu

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 12:06:40 am »
Alright I've come to a conclusion,

I would definitely want to join you, if you'd still like me of course.

I'll wait with my transfer until next month, due to financial strains :)

Regards,
Irisu

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:59:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

79 Guests, 4 Users
Vejeta, Varum, Devoid, kodin