Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Rogue (DPS) - Punkwah

April 18, 2018, 07:47:40 pm
Read 2632 times

Applicant

Social Application - Rogue (DPS) - Punkwah
« on: April 18, 2018, 07:47:40 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Punkwah
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Punkwah/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Paul, 32 from the Netherlands. Working as a IT guy for a goverment organisation.

Rolled a character on this server after doing some research on the various big Horde servers. After reaching level 110 I intend to spend my ingame time (together with guildies whenever possible) with a mix of casual PvE content, a battleground here and there, and perhaps (somewhere in the future) a raid or two.

Reasons for rolling a new character:
I want to play through the Horde version of the story (haven't played horde since hitting max level on my shaman back in late vanilla / TBC)
Recently became a dad, so priorities shifted from evening raids to making bottles and changing diapers :)
My long time alliance guild (since MC/Zul'Gurub in vanilla) is mostly only active on raidnights or later in the evening. It gets quite lonely in there during daytime in weekends.

Class/Spec:

I've played a lot of classes during my years in WoW. My go-to alt for casual PvE content and PvP content was my rogue, never promoting it to main due too a high active rogue count in the guild. When I decided to experience the horde side of the story and play on "the other side", rogue was the first class which came to mind (perhaps due too years of getting ganked by undead rogue's ;)).

Alts:

None on Kazzak. Got every class (except Warlock) at 100+ alliance side, mainly played Monk (dps/healing) and Paladin (tank/dps) the last three expansions.

Professions:

Herbalism and Alchemy. Free flasks!

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Started raiding at level 58 with my dwarf priest. Guild was at Magmadar in Molten Core, Fear Ward (Dwarf priest exclusive back then) was needed to make the encounter easier to tackle :)
Raided Zul'Gurub, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair and Ahn'Qiraj on my priest in vanilla.

In TBC I raided up to Sunwell Plateau on my priest, lower raids alt-raids on my warrior tank.

In WotlK I mostly played on my old paladin (since then deleted when I hit lvl 110 on another one, on which I did Loremaster), clearing all raids.

I've done a fair bit of PvP content (mostly BG's and Wintergrasp/Tol Barad) throughout the years, with over 100.000 HK's.

During Cataclysm I raided on my alliance Shaman, cleared everything and ended up clearing Dragon Soul heroic more times than I'd care to remember.

At the start of MoP I created my Monk and raided on it, combined with my "new" paladin whenever a backup tank was needed. Besides BRF (took a break) I did all raids on heroic.

In WoD I started raiding on a mage, wrapping the expansion up on my tank paladin.

Legion is the expansion I've raided the least in, moving into a new house and a beautifull baby take up a lot of time :) Still managed to do most raiding content on heroic.

Previous Guilds:

There's only one guild I remember being in (Horde Shaman in Vanilla is too long ago to remember): S C U M. Originally 4 guilds in vanilla with a raiding alliance. My alliance characters are still members of this guild.

Availability:

I'm online most of the days for a some time during the early evening. Higher activity during weekends.

Communication:

I've got TS3 and Discord installed, headset with a microphone available for use, push to talk configured. I often use voicechat while doing content with guildies. My English is pretty good, I get to practice it every day thanks to my line of work.

Computer / Connection:

Got a stable pc and rarely experience disconnects or crashes. Speedy thanks to minor upgrades and frequent reinstalls during the 7 years it has served me.
~100FPS while solo, 60+ in raids, high settings.
Normally at 5ms thanks to a fiberglass internet connection :)

Addons/UI:

ElvUI (less clutter, easy to customize)
Angry Assignments
DBM
Skada

Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag-1jeeWG5LLg61xujF41pmwwOay2w

Other Games:

Tried some Guild Wars 2, SW:TOR and FFXIV in the recent months, but keep ending up back in WoW.
Also playing Assassin's Creed Origins on PS4 from time to time, when the wife lets me use the tv ;)

Why Iron Edge?

I came across Iron Edge while choosing a server to start my rogue on, started reading the applicants forum to see what kind of people you accept and which get declined for various reasons. Which reassured me Iron Edge does not simply accept everyone into the guild, avoiding all problems such a recruitment strategy can cause.
Iron Edge seems to be very active ingame (been following the number of people online for the last week), has a big playerbase with multiple raids groups and one of those groups is a weekend raiding group.

My current work schedule makes me wake up at 5am tuesday-friday, so late night raiding during weekdays has been getting less attractive the last few years. Even though I'm currently not raiding due too diapers, bottles and a nagging sleep shortage, I like to think ahead and keep the option open for somewhere in the future :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A nice guy in /g with a joke here and there, always interested in doing stuff or helping out whenever possible. Frequently a flask farmer while bored :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoW forums

Last Words?

5 bottles were made and fed to the baby while writing this application in notepad during 2 evenings :)

Hope to see you all ingame!

April 19, 2018, 06:28:31 pm
Reply #1

Online Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Rogue (DPS) - Punkwah
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 06:28:31 pm »
Hi Paul,

I think you'll fit in nicely with us. Welcome aboard!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:52:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length