Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Floofdk

July 17, 2018, 10:27:48 pm
Read 4955 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Floofdk
« on: July 17, 2018, 10:27:48 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Floofdk
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Floofdk/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Peter and I am 23 years old and I'm currently located in the northen part of Denmark called Aalborg.
Currently I work as my daily job life but planning to start studying again after the summer.
Currently working as a IT Administrator but hoping to go study Data Science
Otherwise I like to be social and create new friendships and get to know new people!

Class/Spec:

So I've always played a Tank, since the start of Classic when little me got world of warcraft in a christmas present from my mom and dad.
So I would prefer to stick to my roots
I don't really have a "main" currently but interested in keeping my Blood DK as a new main, otherwise I've had my Druid and Pally as stones, but mostly I've always played the Tank that was the best and I liked the most.
All my toons are around 950ish itemlevel now and I guess I will get to that part later on in the application?

Hi, I come from a guild on Ravencrest named Alterac Deviants, for me my I guess regularity was to always have my class discords open whether it was at home while playing, at work while working etc. and I'm usually very active within those Discords.

As a tank it's hard to explain as specific rotation, but all my info I put into characters are taken from communicating within the DK, Druid, Pally and TankChat discords etc and I do have a bunch of highrated tanks on my Bnet list aswell

But in short for a tldr
Haste>Vers>Mast>Crit  Survival
Haste>Crit>Vers>Mast DPS

Alts:

As mentioned above I have a 950 Druid whom has been my main for the longest
Otherwise I have a paladin also who has been my main.
Theyre my stick to stones and I always carry them with me through every expansion
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/floofqt - Druid
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/floofee - Pally

Professions:

I don't really have any professions and usually I dont really care about them as they dont mean much to me anymore....

However I tend to have Engineering, Alch or Enchanting but I change them most of the time...

Raiding Experience:

So I guess this is here we get a bit more detailed probably?

So I've been a babybutternut since the start of the game I guess I started at the age of 10 or so!
I started out with a Warrior and tanked my way through the game and learning how it worked!
Somehow I managed to tank through old ZG, MC, AQ20 and most of BWL and AQ40 but more I didn't really get to do but this was a plenty enough for me back then!

For Tbc I got a bit older and switched over to druid, this is where my druid Floofqt was made so as a Feral druid I got my way through most of the raids, Karazhan, Magtheridons Lair, Gruuls Lair, ZA, TK and SSC (after nerfs) and a little touch on BT and MH.

Moving onto Wrath is where I got a bit more serious but still managed to have fun! I didn't really like most of the guilds that was around my server, so me and a few others made a small community within the server without having to have a guild, we made a big weekly raid groups for Naxx25, Malygos and OS25 3Drakes mainly after we got the gear and progress to go through that obviously! And we made multiple runs for both mains and alts. Moving further into the expansion most people either quit or joined a guild, so the few people we had left all got an offer to join a guild and we took it, we managed to go through Ulduar25 but got stuck at Mimirons Hardmode achievement but we happily moved onto TOGC and finished that proudly.
Guild died for ICC so I had to swap guilds and change faction / server due to Ensidia destroying the good old Alliance Tarren Mill server...
But I got to professor Putricide on heroic25

Cataclysm this account doesnt have much history as I  was a booste for pvp on another account - so not much to go through.

MoP again I didn't really play before Siege of Orgrimmar, didn't really have a stable guild but managed a PuG every week to slowly progress through SoO mythic, got to down Garrosh on prepatch for WoD.

Start of WoD I wasn't in a super serious guild but we managed 4/7 mythic in Highmaul I believe? I quit this guild and joined a friendsguild and managed to get Blackhand down on mythic so was pretty happy about that, but then that guild got disbanded by blizzard due to botwaves and whole officer team got the boot. So not much to salvage from there on.

I then changed server to Ravencrest alliance and got into a guild named Alterac Deviants, I joined as a Hunter first due to them already having a tank mid progress. But we managed to push through and down Archimonde mythic after that happend I was into my tank role as I applied with and we kept clearing till Legion.

With Legion coming out I had a 2 weeks vacation aswell I do this release, but we pushed and managed world 77 on mythic ursoc and decent high rank on mythic Xavius and Odyn. This was as main tank and laying out tanking strategis for the guild.

Previous Guilds:

Reason why I left them?
Well there's not much to go over in fairness...
So I was under studying / working when I was raiding early MoP as I graduated I've told them ever since I enjoyed that around March last year I would have to go away for 4months cause I wanted to go travel and get a break from all the bullshit and just general things in my life, they promised they had a spot but half the guild was replaced and quit when I got back as they had a big rotate. So I kinda quit the game and just took a break.

Availability:

I'm available everyday everytime whether its on my PC, Work or Phone.
I always have something that I can be contacted through.

Communication:

I prefer talking english over danish so I guess that's a plus somehow?
I do however have Teamspeak 3 and I obviously have the capability to listen strongly and give my inputs when I feel like it can be used.

Computer / Connection:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
I also run my WoW and OS on a 500GB SSD

Heres a result of a speedtest - http://www.speedtest.net/result/7478688975
I also tend to stream or record raids

Addons/UI:

I really don't wanna list all my AddOns I don't mind doing it but heres a video to see for yourself:
&t=1s

As you can see it mainly consists of ElvUi Skullflower, WeakAuras, Damage + Threat Meter and yeah thats really that....
Feel free to go through the channel theres videos of all EN Mythics and Odyn Mythic

Other Games:

Not really anything now, but HotS and ArmA3 but I'm always open to buy a new game or fuckaround in something silly!

Why Iron Edge?

I like a 2 days raiding schedule more now than a 4-5days raiding schedule.
I want a laidback guild while still grinding for CE but without the super seriousness of needing 2-3 alts

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I guess I can offer Iron Edge a serious dedicated raider that also just wants to have fun and get to know new people while enjoy a game I love playing

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Stumpled upon Iron Edge through Wowprogress and had a small interaction with Moonily

Last Words?

I'm not the best at written applications which might show however I'm always down for a chat on Discord / Teamspeak!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:30:59 pm by Mooneclipse »

July 17, 2018, 10:35:39 pm
Reply #1

Offline Floof

• Guild Member

• Rawr means I love you in Dinosaur

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (Tank) - Floofdk
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 10:35:39 pm »
Guess I might aswell add my Hunters armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/fluffy/pve - It's very outdated as I haven't touched it but thought why not :)

Btag: FluffPeter#2901 - If you need that aswell
Discord: Floof#1415

I will be available on both these at work aswell!

July 18, 2018, 09:41:50 pm
Reply #2

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:41:50 pm »
Hiyo Floofdk,

Posting here to confirm I was the one editing the application to say you were applying as a tank and not a dps. I did get to speak to you a little before you made this post, where your Danishness did not shine through at all, and I was surprised to find yet another applicant from said area. The Danish mafia might actually grow out of control at this rage...

A word of caution, a lot of people - not me, of course - in this guild have this tendency of bashing on Danes, so hopefully you'll be the type of person who will withstand such behaviour.

Best of luck on your application  :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

July 18, 2018, 10:10:38 pm
Reply #3

Offline Floof

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 10:10:38 pm »
Hi Mooneclipse!

I don't mind the bashing, used to getting yelled at from my previous officer because I was a stupid BAER, but I don't mind bashing back though!

Thanks again!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

July 18, 2018, 10:28:12 pm
Reply #4

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 10:28:12 pm »
Hello Peter, My name is Peter - I live in Aalborg aswell. GL on the application (and yeah - they hate us coz they ain't us)

July 18, 2018, 11:02:30 pm
Reply #5

Offline Floof

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 11:02:30 pm »
Hello Peter, My name is Peter - I live in Aalborg aswell. GL on the application (and yeah - they hate us coz they ain't us)
Well hello there Peter! Small world I guess :D Hopefully it turns out positive! Maybe a beer at one point?

July 19, 2018, 05:00:33 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 05:00:33 pm »
I know this Peter quite well and if you buy him the beer and maybe a little bit of cocaine, he'll go all the way on the first date.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 19, 2018, 05:08:25 pm
Reply #7

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 05:08:25 pm »
Oh, I was in Alterac Deviants a short stint in Wotlk. Good gang, was a solid guild back then at least!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

July 19, 2018, 06:58:31 pm
Reply #8

Offline Floof

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 06:58:31 pm »
Cocaine Im out of contacts here in Denmark but if you want to take a trip to some raves in USA I can fix a plug or 20 :D

Alterac Deviants is indeed a good gang just too much with 5 days a week for them pushing top80 now^^

July 19, 2018, 09:17:30 pm
Reply #9

Offline Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 09:17:30 pm »
I might be able to hook you up with some snow in the Aalborg area - haven't touched the stuff myself tho.

July 19, 2018, 10:22:21 pm
Reply #10

Offline Floof

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 10:22:21 pm »
Maybe let's have a night out?

July 20, 2018, 12:41:15 pm
Reply #11

Offline Floof

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 12:41:15 pm »
Although if anything I do prefer molly over snow, she tends to not be as addicting

July 22, 2018, 05:31:38 pm
Reply #12

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 05:31:38 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:44:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

74 Guests, 3 Users
Chelly, Varum, Bürküt