Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Månsolof

July 19, 2018, 09:03:22 am
Read 3492 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Månsolof
« on: July 19, 2018, 09:03:22 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Månsolof
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/M%C3%A5nsolof/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Måns Östman I'm 18 years old and I live in Sundsvall, Sweden. I am currently studying technology in high school. During this summer I have been working in a factory that makes paper. During my spare time I like to play video games and to watch ice hockey. I came into legion in may 2017 and started raiding in ToS. After ToS I stopped playing and now I'm back and I'm looking for a guild to raid with in BFA.

Class/Spec:

I played Affliction when I raided in ToS because I really enjoyed it and I'm a big fan of the DoTs when there is a lot of targets. Affliction is my main spec but I will play the spec that is the best for the guild.

My rotation/priority during ToS was the following (I might forget something but I am sure this was my general rotation):

Single target: Maintain Agony, Maintain Corruption, Cast 2x Unstable Affliction, cast Drain Soul

If Soul Conduit generates more Soulshards cast up to 4x Unstable Afflictions.
Don't cast Unstable Affliction if lower than 2 soul shards.

Multi target: Maintain Agony on up to 4 targets, Maintain corruption, Save up to 4 soul shards and then dump all of the Soul Shards on to one target using Unstable Affliction, use Drain soul as a filler.

Alts:

I have a hunter and a rogue lvl 110 and I will be looking to have atleast one of them geared up in BFA so that I, if needed, can play something else than my warlock if it is for the better of the raid.

Professions:

On my Warlock I have Enchanting and Tailoring. Mainly so that I could make money and I unfortunately do not have any interesting recipes.

Raiding Experience:

I first started raiding in Cataclysm but I only did a few heroic bosses in Firelands and after that the guild stopped playing and so did I. During Cataclysm I played Affliction warlock.

My raiding experince in Legion is only ToS mythic where I managed to kill 6/9 bosses. Here I also played affliction warlock but I had a more leading role in the guild. I was not officially a raid leader but I did most of the leading during those raids.

Previous Guilds:

My previous guild was Syndìcate-Kazzak where I was an officer. The reason I left the guild was because me and one other officer had to do all the work while the GM and another officer was not doing anything that would help the guild. We never managed to get a good 20 man group and we always had people to raids that were really bad just so that we were enough people. During the last weeks of ToS my GPU stopped working and meanwhile I was trying to solve that issue the guild broke down because the officer that was working with the guild a lot stepped down aswell and I could not play which basically ment that no one was doing anything for the guilds survival. When I now got back to WoW the guild is completely dead and therefore I'm looking for a new guild!

I'm currently in a swedish guild as a social.

Availability:

I'm currently working at a factory where I work in shifts. I have this work for about another month so once the first raid of BFA is out I will have started school again and then I'm available from about 15.00 to 00.00 every day. I will be gone on September the 17th to do some tests for the military. I will  also be going on a vacation in december over the holidays to celebrate my mothers 50th birthday but other than that I will be available.

Communication:

I'm proficient in english and I have no problems communicating in english. I have TS3 and I do listen. I have a microphone that I use.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is decent and I upgrade it every now and then to make sure it's working. I have no fps issues. My internet connection is stable and my downloading speed is 106 Mbit/s and i upload at 10 Mbit/s. My latency on Kazzak is 35ms and I extremely rarely disconnect.

Addons/UI:

Addons: Weakauras 2, Details, bigwigs, I use ELVUI.

UI: https://gyazo.com/bb59b98dddf65d553a80744d8bc1eee7
I'd also like to add that I just got back so not all weakauras are in place but this is more or less how my UI looks.
I have the extra actionbar keybinded to one of my mouse buttons.

Other Games:

I play CS:GO and some League of Legends

Why Iron Edge?

I'd like to join Iron Edge because I really want to clear mythic content while it's                                                          relevant but I Do not feel like raiding 4-5 times every week. Iron Edge seems like the perfect guild for me because of the raiding schedule and I just read the "Contact information" and it seems like you enjoy the same kind of humour as I do.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer Iron Edge a dependent DPS that will always be prepared for every encounter. I'm open to both take and give constructive criticism and I always look to improve my game. I will have high attendance and will always give my best efforts in every encounter. I will do what's in the guilds best interests and if that means rerolling to another class I will.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I saw your guild on wowprogress.

Last Words?

Here are my logs from ToS

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/m%C3%A5nsolof#zone=13

I did not perform very well on Mistress or Desolate Host but I'd say that is because I had to call very much and if I had played with better players that did not need instructions for more or less every mechanic in the encounter during the fight I would probably have done better damage wise.

Anyways, if you have any thoughts or questions about the application let me know and I will try to answer them! I hope I will raid with you guys in BFA!

July 19, 2018, 09:14:19 am
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Månsolof
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:14:19 am »
Hi Mansolof,

Only thing that I noticed in your application was you haven't really stuck at the game for an expansion, having started in cata and killed a few bosses in firelands than stopped until legion was nearing a year old. To than only raid part of tos to than stop again, what assurances can you give the leadership in this guild that wouldn't happen here?

Good luck on the apply.

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

July 20, 2018, 12:53:43 am
Reply #2

Offline Månsolof

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:53:43 am »
Hello,

I can assure the leadership of the guild that I'm a loyal player. I stayed in a guild that struggled with both normal and heroic to begin with in ToS and then also with mythic. At that time I was only a raider and not an officer aswell so I could have moved on to another guild if it wasn't for me being loyal. I would have stayed and continued playing if it wasn't for my computer breaking down, me having to do a lot of work for the guild to make sure it survived and also raid 3 days a week combined with school. The work I had to do was to much and I was not able to keep up with everything. This is why 2-day raiding suits me well. I also will not have to worry about getting in extra people just to make sure that the raid for tonight will be done on a daily basis. I'm sure I'll stick around if I get the chance!

Månsolof

July 24, 2018, 11:45:32 am
Reply #3

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 11:45:32 am »
Hi Månsolof,

I would like to offer you a trial for the raid, so you can poke me or any other officer online for an invite  :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:36:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

48 Guests, 1 User
Cnackaa