Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Gajeel

August 13, 2018, 06:12:50 pm
Read 2859 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Gajeel
« on: August 13, 2018, 06:12:50 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Gajeel
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Gajeel/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Barak, I'm 21 years old from Israel, I work as a GYM Instructor/Personal Trainer for now, thinking about what I want to study, I love working out and playing video games and meeting new people and making friends.

Class/Spec:

As of right now I'm mainly playing as Affliction, with OS Destruction, since they were the best for Antorus, 246 on aff, 245 on destro.
Since I'm applying at the end of Legion and start of BFA this ofcourse can change according to what will be best for each raid tier :)

I've been playing warlock for about 11-12 years as my main, I always keep up with how to play my class as best as possible, since almost every expansion brings changes to how the class is playing.
As of right now Intellect is the best stat since the changes of 8.0, and then Haste and Mastery, I constantly check my stat weights through raidbots and simcrafts, so I know what stat to prioritize.
The rotation for affliction changed quite a lot at 8.0, but as always keeping my dots up all the time, and using the new Deathbolt talent correctly and timing my rotation for optimal uses of it is very important, and timing it well with the new Darkglare CD is also important. using shadowbolt as filler.

Alts:

I have almost every spec at max level, gonna have every spec at max level in BFA, for antorus my most relevant alt was my monk, which I also killed Mythic Argus on other than my main. Also had about 2-3 more alts (paladin, druid, dk) pretty geared and ready for raiding, and I plan to have at least 2-3 alts ready for raiding in BFA aswell.
i'm an Altoholic xD

Professions:

Tailoring and Enchanting, very useful for a warlock, was extremely important for older expansions when pprofessions had bigger impacts on your character's power, so kept it since then, enchanting always lets me adjust my stats on the fly and is great :).
Pretty sure I have a few enchanting recipes that are unobtainable now, like Enchant Weapon - Lifestealing.

Raiding Experience:

Since i started playing WoW when i was very young, most of the time i raided casually, in recent years i felt like taking raiding more seriously because i wanted to challenge myself more and improve.
So my main raiding experience is during WoD, 6/7M HM, and 7/10M BRF, at that point when HFC came out I had to take a long break from the game due to real life stuff.
I played as a DPS mainly, but had experience tanking in HM and BRF, also used to tank during Cataclysm, and a bit of experience as a healer. Main role was always DPS.
More recently I came back during 7.3, and initially raided casually, and then wanted to come back to Mythic raiding, at which point the guild I was in disbanded so I looked for a new guild and got into one that was progressing Mythic Argus, which I joined their progress and we eventually killed him, My progress is shown as 4/11 because I killed the 3 first bosses with PUGS and then joined for Mythic Argus progress with no reclears.

Previous Guilds:

Kyphosis, joined them at WoD, raided with them and was with them for almost 3 years, when I came back after a long break since the end of WoD and beggining of Antorus they were progressing Mythic, and as I was about to join the core raiding team again, they disbanded due to some drama and they had o plans of getting back into raiding and so almost every core member left and went their own way and some quit the game, that's when I had to leave and find a new guild, which I did, joined Project Nemesis from kazzak, as they were progressing Aggramar and Argus, initially as a backup but after they killed Aggramar I became a trial during Argus progression, and killed it with them after 327 pulls, they had more pulls before i joined tho, the reason i left them is because the roster was really unstable and a lot of people left and i wanted to search for a stable guild with a stable roster that i can play and raid, and make long term friends in.

Availability:

I'm available most of the time, I always time my shifts at work so that I won't miss raids, currently taking a break from work for a few weeks for the start of BFA, currently not studying so no upcoming exams, no holidays planned for the near future, and ofcourse I notice officers ahead of times if i'm not gonna be available for whatever reason.

Communication:

Yes, English is my 2nd language, used English almost daily since I was 9 years old, and I use English daily currently. I have Teamspeak3 and Discord, I have a mic and use it.

Computer / Connection:

I have a decent PC, i7-3770k, 16GB RAM, RX 480 8G, 500GB SSD, 1TB HD. No FPS issues 99% of the time, usually between 80-120 fps. My internet connection is good and stable 99% of the time, no lags or frequent DCs, my ping to kazzak is between 60-75.

Addons/UI:

for raiding i use WA2, Details, BigWigs, Exorsus raiding tools, Angry Assingments, Simcrafts,  RCloot council if needed.
https://imgur.com/a/BmhDVy7 , https://imgur.com/a/awGns7I (these are screenshots in combat from the argus progress and kill, a bit outdated). https://imgur.com/a/zLImV9u this is an updated UI.
some keybinds are not shown and some are shown incorrectly. everything after my 6 keybind is binded to shift1-6, and my pots and trinket and big cds are also binded but not shown.

Other Games:

playing WoW most of the times, some heroes of the storm, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG and fortnite rarely, and some survival games on steam.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge because I want a long term stable guild to make friends and play with, raid with, improve with, enjoy the game and experience and clear every content in WoW, while also having fun :)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a stable, loyal friend and raider, which always strives to improve, and become better, an adaptable player with a lot of experience and love for the game.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Trade chat and wowprogress

Last Words?

nope :)

August 15, 2018, 08:00:51 am
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Gajeel
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 08:00:51 am »
Hi Gajeel,

Apologies no one got to your apply, as you can imagine most of the officers been too busy leveling to visit the forum, I'm sure one of them will reply soon enough.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 15, 2018, 09:07:48 am
Reply #2

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 09:07:48 am »
Hi Gejeel,
I will predict the inevitable ask from the officers would be do you have any logs that can be looked at of your previous performance as affi and destro?

Thanks
Paul

August 20, 2018, 05:18:08 am
Reply #3

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 05:18:08 am »
Hiyo Gajeel,

I was postponing making a decision on this application to wait for a response to the questions already asked here. Unfortunately I will have to decline this application, best of luck in finding a raiding guild  :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:50:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

91 Guests, 0 Users