Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Priest (Healer) - Nypha

August 19, 2018, 12:34:21 am
Read 2778 times

Applicant

Social Application - Priest (Healer) - Nypha
« on: August 19, 2018, 12:34:21 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Nypha
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Nypha/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (Healer)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Hi! My ingame name is Nypha, but usually its Nyph or Nyphredil, im 29 and im from Germany, although i dont usually mention that. Im working as a travel agent in a small city, was studying linguistics before and well, I am here to apply for a social spot, maybe with the possibility of joining the casual and/or the "too old to raid" raids later on.

Class/Spec:

I did not like most of the changes they did to healers over the years, and simply not being able to decide on a certain class, i picked the most obvious choice and leveled the one class that offers two different healing specs. I am still enjoying holy more than disc, but since i only dinged 120 a few minutes ago, i figured disc is easy while youre lvling on your own.

Alts:

All my alts are still 110 and mostly on the server Twisting Nether. Theres my former long time main, a Pala, and several other classes i enjoyed in various specs, such as a Hunter, a Druid, another Priest (for some reason only god knows i got like 3 of them on max lvl on various servers) and a few chars that arent as high in their lvl.

Professions:

This character is still pretty new, so i unfortunately dont have as many cool things to offer as my Pala for chance would have had. I am very determined on maxing out herbalism and alchemy as well as cooking and fishing though.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Ive been around since TBC, which i in all my nostalgia still love very much. I started on a very small german server, so the competition wasnt as big, but i was in one of the top guilds there and before all the raids ended, we got to the twins in sunwell - i only joined the game during the T6 raids though, so i havent been around too long at the time.
In wrath of the lich king i was raiding mostly with friends from TBC and also had to take a 6 month break during the whole crusader thing (but lets be honest, that was the best time to take a break), together we got several hardmodes down - but to be honest, i wouldnt be able to recall everyone of them anymore.
In cataclysm i still stuck to said friends with decent success, but during firelands i quit when they announced pandas, that was just too absurd for me.
I skipped the whole Pandaria stuff and came back for Draenor, but i stayed a total casual. I know i was raiding here and there, but when i think back to Draenor, all i remember is fishing basically the whole expansion - my games of choice during Pandaria and Draenor were League of Legends and FFXIV.

Then in Legion i was back for the start, i was in some decent guild up to nighthold, but i started my current job during that time and quickly became a reserve member.

Previous Guilds:

Nocturnis Sanguinis - my first german guild. Loved the people there, but in time, they shrunk due to server migration - i left as well.
Impavidus - some people i knew from my first german server migrated to another german one, and i came along. At some point i wanted to play internationally, so i left.
Nevermore - many of the people i played FFXIV with, also played WoW. I joined them when i came back to play a bit. Or to fish a bit. So relaxing.
Reckless - my short intermezzo back into the world of semi hardcore/hardcore raiding. The energy for that left me quickly, so i left the guild again and joined back to Nevermore.
Now i followed a few rl friends to Kazzak, joined their guild for a few days - but i kinda would like my own spot somewhere.

Availability:

Im normally always home around 19:10, sometimes during travel booking-heavy times hours later though, overtime always comes on short notice then. Occasionally, i visit my SO in the netherlands over weekend trips, so maybe once a month im back home late on a sunday too.

Communication:

I do believe my english is quite fluent, although im clearly too lazy to write my captial I's and my 's.
I do actually not have teamspeak 3 installed right now, i thought discord is the way to go? I do have a working headset tho and can install anything.

Computer / Connection:

My pc isnt the newest anymore, but it can still handle wow. My connection is mostly stable.

Addons/UI:

bartender, grid2, weakauras, bigwigs, recount (old fashioned), quartz, shadowed unit frames

Other Games:

FFXIV, i used to be quite competetive in League of Legends and am now utter shit since i didnt touch the game for years, and i play the occasional single player games every now and then when i need some variation, like skyrim for example.

Why Iron Edge?

You got many raids that i hopefully can slide in somewhere if i get to feel that fishing alone doesnt fulfill me anymore.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Fish.

And other food, pots, im there if you need anything. Oh and heals, i can offer heals. And if you really need it, a shoulder to cry on late at night.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

Where do i include the UI screenshot?

August 19, 2018, 04:25:40 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Priest (Healer) - Nypha
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 04:25:40 pm »
Hi Nypha!

Why did you decide to play on an international server rather than a German one?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 19, 2018, 04:46:23 pm
Reply #2

Offline Nyphredil

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »
Hey Rash,

theres several reasons - first of all i wanted to improve my english at the time. Second, i mostly enjoy getting to know people via the game and used to meet up with quite a few people in germany - but that was also more fun to do on an international basis with various people and also cultures, and by now ive been visiting people in several countries (furthest away was 6k km from my hometown). And third - maybe the stereotype is true, my dear countrymen sometimes lack the humour in gaming  ;D

August 20, 2018, 07:14:51 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 07:14:51 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:30:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 0 Users