Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Shaman (Healer) - Guranki

August 20, 2018, 11:23:50 am
Read 2238 times

Applicant

Social Application - Shaman (Healer) - Guranki
« on: August 20, 2018, 11:23:50 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Guranki
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Guranki/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (Healer)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Name :Robb
Work Status : Currently under full time employment as an I.T professional for one of the UKs largest Retailers.

About Me : One of the most relevant factors to all this is of course Gaming which has been a large part of my life from a young age as i come from a family of computer enthusiasts, This started way back when with machines such as the Atari 2600, Colecovision, Vextrex and then the usual slew of consoles and PCs.

My Gaming history is vast including a short period as a competitive player for Soldier of Fortune 2 and Call of Duty 2.

More recently I've become a passionate streamer with a wide selection of single player games completed to an audience of 2k+ followers as well as a run as a serious Dead By Daylight Player,

I've also began to dabble as a War Games miniature painter in the realms of Age Of Sigmar with a collection of Nighthaunt ranging over the 5000 points mark a hefty Stormcast Eteneral Batallion and a selection of other chaos factions.

All of this as well as a recent rekindling interest in World Of Warcraft is held together by a want to bring gaming as a hobby and a passion to light to the wider world through streaming, Twitch is a window to a world that some may have not travelled previously and i wish to show them what is there to behold.

Class/Spec:

Shaman - Restoration.

Back during the days of Vanilla WoW the shaman was limited to the horde and from the Off i always wanted to play a Tauren so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to do that as have something unique in the game that the alliance would not. I started out as an Enchancement shaman making the usual 1-60 progression in the early days and on to the usual raids in the molten core, Zul Gurub Nax and so on.

Through the burning crusade and Wrath of the lich king I change up to play Restoration for the good of the guild and enjoyed the utility and flexibility of mass and single target healing.

Due to this Since I have returned from a break taken during the early days of Warlords my character boost was used to create a new shaman on a new realm and I have been progressing and relearning the class at hand.

Alts:

Currently none of a relevant level to speak of but:

I have levelled a warlock to 60 who i will be taking to 120 during the down time periods on the shaman as well as focusing on a tank class as well, In general i like to juggle all 3 main specs as to have the ability to flex up where required for the good of the guild.

Im not sure what the current tanks of choice are but I have enjoyed playing the Prot Paladin.

Professions:

Skinning (150 BfA)
Leather Working (80ish i believe)

I tend to focus on the skills that a relevant to the character im playing so for the shaman its leather / mail armor, for a plate class it will be Smith and mining and for a cloth class it will be tailoring and enchanting,

At current i have no rare or exclusive patterns of which to speak of as this is a fairly new character.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

My Raiding experience dates back to the days of Everquest, This was the first time i had experienced raiding with Nagafen and Vox both were around 40 person raids back these early days raiding was a very different creature with a lack of voice comms and Addons to warn you of what events are coming.

Progression through many different everquest expansions and such led to EQ2 which again was part of a raid team.

I also dabble in Warhammer: Age Of Reckoning but did no real raiding in that as it was mainly pvp,

For WoW experience as stated above i started in vanilla progressing through most raids up until the release of Warlords, I have run most raids as a healer/tank and DPS and have never had any issue adapting or explaining the tactics required for the encounters throughout this history.

Previous Guilds:

All my previous guilds are from other realms and as such are part of a long forgotten past,

The most recent was Wrath on Shadowsong which again due to a change of direction I had left while taking a break from the game,

Availability:

My Current work Schedule is as follows.

Mon-Fri: 09:00-17:15
Sat/Sun: Free

usually im able to be live from 19:00 GMT most evenings and a majority of the time at weekends

Communication:

I am a native English speaker

I have a preference for using Discord of teamspeak 3 but there is nothing stopping me from downloading it if it is a requirement,

I currently have an AT2035 microphone hooked up to a UX2 running Pod farm software for communications,

Computer / Connection:

PC Specs:

Thermaltake Core P5 Clear Glass Horizontal/Vertical/Wall Mountable Case
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER V1.0 Z170
Intel® Coreā„¢ i7-6700K Quad Core Processor (Skylake,4.0GHz-4.2GHz Turbo, 8MB Cache)
Pacific RL240 Water Cooling 240mm Radiator
32GB 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
Asus Rog STRIX 1080ti GPU
500GB M.2 SATA SSD - Samsung 850 EVO Solid State Drive
4TB SSHD Hybrid

Connection :

Virgin Media Fibre gamer package 350 Down 20 up

At current im running the game at max settings 4k and resolution scaling x200% obviously if need be this can all be turned down to obtain maximum performance at all times.

As im currently running an older 4k monitor i get 60fps maximum at all times.

No ping or connection issues to speak of as of yet unless of course i am in a major city

Addons/UI:

Details
DBM
GTFO
weak auras
vuhdo

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPzch_y6tmjMJbfYOsTO5Uci4jpCFX5qAVeGwWu

From a social aspect ive not required any further addons as of yet, these have seen me through a majority of the main content so far in BfA as well as mythic dungeons. Any advice on further addons to use is always welcome.

Other Games:

Dead By Daylight - an asymmetrical survival horror game which sees 4 survivors attempt to survivor a night repairing generators to power the exit gates of a playground controlled by "The Entity" but all is not as it seems for these survivors for lurking in the shadows if a foreboding presence a Killer let loose by the Entity to drain all hope from these survivors as that is what the entity feasts upon,

Monster Hunter World - Picked this up the other Evening, I've not played much of it yet so cant really speak of what its about.

Why Iron Edge?

As previously stated this is purely down to Rawclaw, Ive no actual knowledge of Iron Edge apart from what he has told me and how highly he has spoken of you. The only reason I actually relaunched WoW was due to speaking to him. From what little I've seen so far there is obviously a level of prestige and expectation that I underestimated but i wish to explore further and part of joining at a social level is all about getting to one another.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

As previously stated a Wealth of gaming Knowledge is a fundamental baseline, a willingness to learn and be a friendly voice as part of a wider community and above all as an experienced content creator a platform for which to further develop the name of Iron Edge and hopefully extend the reach far and wide within the WoW community and Beyond.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Via Rawclaw, i cant elaborate further on this he has spoken to me about the guild on many occasions.

Last Words?

No Many But perhaps an Apology is due, My lack of recognition for how some still like to do things the original way was my downfall over on my first application, I saw it as nothing more of a formality and rather then dedicating time to it i did it on a whim while I was busy with something else. I look forward to many more engagements of witty modern day banter such as "OOFT" as well as an opportunity to share knowledge with scholars of warcraft.

Also, The website isnt sending out confirmation emails so i have to keep signing in as a guest.

August 20, 2018, 04:02:45 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rawclaw

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Shaman (Healer) - Guranki
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 04:02:45 pm »
Much better haha.

Thanks a lot for the redo on this dude.

Best of luck with it!

August 20, 2018, 04:45:04 pm
Reply #2

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 04:45:04 pm »
OOFT, that application.  In a good way.

August 21, 2018, 07:45:36 am
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:45:36 am »
You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:26:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

71 Guests, 0 Users