Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Barítan

December 02, 2018, 10:30:36 pm
Read 2201 times

Applicant

Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Barítan
« on: December 02, 2018, 10:30:36 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Barítan
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Bar%C3%ADtan/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

My name is Daniel, i'm 32 and i live in Denmark. I'm currently working for a small local distribution company delivering all kinds of newspapers and commercials.

Class/Spec:

I'm currently playing my mage as frost in BFA. I had a difficult time deciding on a class for BFA because i think Blizzard has gone the wrong way with allot of the class design this time around. I was fortunate enough to have beta access so i spent quite a while testing and figuring out what to choose. In the end i choose the frost spec for mage because i saw potential in the slows and snares that they bring to a mythic plus team (mythic plus has been my main focus for a while now), however i have enjoyed the frost specialization since WoD. I will also on occasion play arcane or fire.

Alts:

I do have a death knight that used to be my main for many expansions in the past. He's currently just sitting at around 355 ilvl, so i'm not sure how relevant he is :)

Professions:

On my mage i have maxed enchanting and tailoring. All BFA recipes at rank 3. But i don't really have any special patterns. On my death knight i have enchanting and engineering, only engineering being maxed out. I have enchanting because it's usually a good profession to have throughout an expansion. It will stay relevant until the end because there is always demand due to new gear and alts etc. It may not be as profitable as other professions in the beginning but it will stay profitable for longer in my experience.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I started raiding in MoP. And i have since cleared all raids with at least ahead of the curve once. Mythic experience worth mentioning was in late MoP where i did get cutting edge in SoO before any nerfs or changes to the current mythic 20m system. In WoD i have ahead of the curve for all raids. For legion i have ahead of the curve for all raids and cutting edge for Xavius. In BFA i have only done 5/8 on heroic so far in Uldir. But as i mentioned earlier i have enjoyed mythic plus more than raiding lately. I do intend to get ahead of the curve for G'huun at some point.

Previous Guilds:

I have only been in 2 guilds. Or rather 2 incarnations of the same guild really. A guild that doesn't exist anymore called Phyrexian and the guild i'm now leaving called Predication. I have played with the same people since i started playing warcraft more or less. And the only reason i'm looking elsewhere now is because most of the people i used to play with has moved on from warcraft for various reasons. And i'm applying to your guild now together with a friend of mine.

Availability:

I'm available on most evenings past 19.30 realm time. Work won't interfere with that because i can pretty much plan my own schedule.

Communication:

Yes, my english is pretty good. I'm better at speaking than writing. I have both Teamspeak 3 and Discord and i'm familiar with both. I have a working microphone and i have no problem using it.

Computer / Connection:

I have a fairly up-to-date system. i5 8600k with gtx 1070. 144hz monitor. I have around 100 fps everywhere in-game except for the most crowded areas like Dalaran and Dazar'alor. I have a decent internet connection, wired with modem into the wall, i don't like wi-fi for gaming, and it's fairly stable. If i had to guess downtime is around 5 hours in a year. My latency to Kazzak is around 27 ms and i don't disconnect very often, if i do, it's more often than not a blizzard issue.

Addons/UI:

I always use some kind of boss mod, DBM or Big Wigs. Usually it depends on which one is most up-to-date or if the guild or group i'm raiding with prefer me to use a specific one. Outside of that i use a mix of weak auras and if there is a need for it i will use a specific addon for a boss. I prefer to build my own ui and it's pretty much and ongoing project, i make small changes very often. This is how it currently looks:

https://imgur.com/a/i0q5oPk

Other Games:

Currently i don't play allot outside of warcraft. But i have played overwatch, destiny 2, and GTA 5 to mention a few in the past 4 months or so. I enjoy a few sim games from time to time too, racing and so on. In the past i have also played Eve Online for some years.

Why Iron Edge?

Your guild looks organized and structured, with room for a bit of everything, raiding and mythic plus and so on. Like i mentioned i'm leaving my current guild after waiting for a long time hoping that some of my old friends would return. I'm applying together with Lírche since we are pretty much the only ones left in our current guild and we both intend to keep playing so we wanted to find new friends. After all this game is more fun with friends and being a part of a group.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm a fairly flexible player. I'm always ready to step up if i'm needed in a raid or my class is good for a certain mechanic in a raid. Currently i'm only applying as a social member, but if i'm in a raid team i try my best to bring constructive feedback or ideas to the table where i can. I understand the value of listening to feedback or criticism too. And sometimes you just shut up because the raid leader is speaking.
Outside of raiding i like to think that i have a good sense of humor. In general i'm a calm person and i despise drama, i try my best to avoid creating it and participating in it.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

My friend Lírche that is also applying to the guild showed me the website.

Last Words?

Uhm.. Geronimo..?

December 03, 2018, 06:48:43 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Social Application - Mage (DPS) - BarĂ­tan
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 06:48:43 pm »
Hello Daniel.

Your app is pretty nice and detailed.
We have some tryhards that push m+ as well, so you'll have enough to do, if you stalk them properly.
And if things go well, maybe even raid with one of the teams in the next tier.

You can poke an officer for an invite :)
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:14:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 0 Users