Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Outpicked!

April 15, 2012, 01:17:20 pm
Reply #60

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

Re: Outpicked!
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2012, 01:17:20 pm »
Palmar you missed pick last night?

emo? >3

April 15, 2012, 07:20:19 pm
Reply #61

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2012, 07:20:19 pm »
Sorry, forgot!

Forums pick AA and Venge

Palmar Picks Jakiro and Shadowfiend
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:23:47 pm by Palmar »
Trolls are awesome!

April 15, 2012, 08:37:31 pm
Reply #62

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2012, 08:37:31 pm »
Question: Do forum have double pick now ? or is it done like you posted in the main post Palmar?
It just seems illogical that the last 3 total picks would go "forum - host - forum"
to me it should be "forum/forum - host" or am i wrong?

Would be nice to get it clearified before i start talking about our next pick/picks
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

April 15, 2012, 08:46:34 pm
Reply #63

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2012, 08:46:34 pm »
There are rules at main post, its going forum/host/forum.

Cba to colour this :)
Ban Ban Ban Ban Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick

emo? >3

April 15, 2012, 08:48:10 pm
Reply #64

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2012, 08:48:10 pm »

the order is

Ban Ban Ban Ban Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick Pick

Please vote by typing ##Ban Heroname or ##Pick Heroname or ##Pick Heroname/Heroname

Nonbolded votes with no hash tags will not be counted.

Forum team MVP will be the next host. Gogo!

Forums have first ban! First deadline is tonight 02:00 CEST. The Hero with the most votes will be banned from the pool, and I will then make my ban. Good Luck!

Bears like alts!

April 15, 2012, 09:35:43 pm
Reply #65

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:43 pm »
I know what palmar posted. it just seems illogical that we have first pick AND last pick.. that is what i wanted to know if it really could be right.
Eetion/Fred/ET

April 15, 2012, 10:13:51 pm
Reply #66

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2012, 10:13:51 pm »
Anywho
If we only have a single pick now, i think our pick should be Skeleton king.

I can only make this short for now, but the main reasons on picking him, is for his carry potential - longlivity in teamfights duo to Ankh, and his tanky carry potential and he has yet another stun.
is good combined with our Vengeful spirit pick in both double stun and vengefuls howl (minus armor thingie)

If we have double pick i will re-edit it into this post if that is okay

##Pick: Skeleton King
Eetion/Fred/ET

April 15, 2012, 11:34:09 pm
Reply #67

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2012, 11:34:09 pm »
I can only make this short for now, but the main reasons on picking him, is for his carry potential - longlivity in teamfights duo to Ankh, and his tanky carry potential and he has yet another stun.
pick morphling then you  he has all of that (yes i know his adaptive strike will more than likely just be a mini stun)
morph is a much better pick than sk because of a few reason all of his abilities can function as an escape
someone is ganking you at low level? waveform out
used your waveform recently? morph strength
got a replicate up on the otherside? fucking jump to him if you get ganked
even adaptive strike can be used as a sort of escape with its pushback and potential to be a decent stun (if you have more in strength than agility)

that bieng said talking about damage morph will do alot more than sk can due to waveform and adaptive strike get a eatherial blade and you can just pop any squishy support and than just jump to your replicant
he is even alot more flexible with items than sk because you dont have to get an eatheral blade to be viable unlike sk who needs both a force staff and armlet to do well early on

or you can just fuck all of that and pick weaver

##pick morphling
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

April 15, 2012, 11:44:41 pm
Reply #68

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2012, 11:44:41 pm »
I could agree on Morphling, but the main reason i would want SK is that he is actually able to be in the mist of the fight and somewhat force people to use abilities on him. But the main reason that i want him, is that he has a good synergy we vengeful spirit duo to their double stun combo and armor reduction. His lifesteal and being str-hero, will let him stay in lane and able to take the possible harass dmg making up for the lack on VS range attack.
If you pick morphling, he would likely be paired with our VS, that lane is:
1. Very squishy if caught.

2. Double half range, is nearly equal to VS/skeleton King lane only thing is that Leoric somewhat easily can stay and actually farm if harassed hard.

I know morphling can be a very good hero. But to be honest i would rather have leoric in this setup just for the fact that you need a hero that can actually stay in the fight while Sand King/Venge/AA kinda bounces in and out of the fights. If we would ahve Morphling we would still lack this - and i have something else planned out for the 5th hero pick.
Eetion/Fred/ET

April 15, 2012, 11:54:40 pm
Reply #69

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2012, 11:54:40 pm »
SK is nice choice, specially when his ulty is 60 sec cd now.
Morfphling is countered by AA, so i dont think we need to rush into morf pick.

##pick Viper

Reason: Awesome hero, very tanky, can dominate his lane, imo can outcarry SF easy.

emo? >3

April 16, 2012, 12:29:30 am
Reply #70

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2012, 12:29:30 am »
Viper could work, but again Viper would need HP items in order to be effective like Leoric.. But what our team really needs is this very tanky hero leoric can easily obtain that and his Reinc just makes him a pain either to not focus at all and try to CC him.
the team palmar is setting up is very much dealing with AOE dmg and trying to take out as much of our team in a combo of ulties, seing that our tanky heo should be in the mist of the fight, Leoric is an more optimal choice should he be caught in the combo since he actually revives again leaving better chance to actually win the Teamfight. But that is just my PoV.
Eetion/Fred/ET

April 16, 2012, 02:36:17 pm
Reply #71

Offline Tyler

• Guild Member

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2012, 02:36:17 pm »
Palmar told me on TS last night that he messed up the final bit of the pick order. We should have our two final picks now. As we are already going for one though lets just stay as is.

##Pick Skeleton King

Imo Viper would need both Vanguard and BKB to stand up to Palmar's team. I think SkK is a better choice as he would only need BKB. I think SkK's other core items, Force Staff and Armlet, would also fit the fights better than Viper's. Manta would not be very good against all that incidental damage.

Also, more stuns better.
Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God say, "No."
Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but the next time you see me comin' you better run"
Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done?"
God says, "Out on Highway 61"

April 16, 2012, 05:10:54 pm
Reply #72

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2012, 05:10:54 pm »
yeah just roll with it, we'll fix for next version
Trolls are awesome!

April 16, 2012, 05:24:09 pm
Reply #73

footmunch

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2012, 05:24:09 pm »
##pick Viper
way more tanky than a sk.

April 16, 2012, 06:00:37 pm
Reply #74

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2012, 06:00:37 pm »
I could agree on Morphling, but the main reason i would want SK is that he is actually able to be in the mist of the fight and somewhat force people to use abilities on him. But the main reason that i want him, is that he has a good synergy we vengeful spirit duo to their double stun combo and armor reduction. His lifesteal and being str-hero, will let him stay in lane and able to take the possible harass dmg making up for the lack on VS range attack.
If you pick morphling, he would likely be paired with our VS, that lane is:
1. Very squishy if caught.
yeah... no since the change to morph you actualy take morph at level 2 and as i found out last week when i played him is that you can actualy use morph if you are stunned (dont ask me how or why but you can)

2. Double half range, is nearly equal to VS/skeleton King lane only thing is that Leoric somewhat easily can stay and actually farm if harassed hard.
yeah we have an AA in the mix if you want to have a baby sitter for the carry
that bieng said you think morph is squishy? you are wrong you seem overestimate SK far to much
[/quote]
SK is nice choice, specially when his ulty is 60 sec cd now.
Morfphling is countered by AA, so i dont think we need to rush into morf pick.

##pick Viper

Reason: Awesome hero, very tanky, can dominate his lane, imo can outcarry SF easy.

Sorry, forgot!

Forums pick AA and Venge

Palmar Picks Jakiro and Shadowfiend

we have AA and you still get the extra health if you morph to strength
which i found out over the weekend when i was watching a pro game with both AA on 1 team and morph on the other team and he was still getting more health when hit with AA's ult (to be fair i thought it wouldnt work either)
anyway i can agree on viper bieng a good pick
Viper could work, but again Viper would need HP items in order to be effective like Leoric.. But what our team really needs is this very tanky hero leoric can easily obtain that and his Reinc just makes him a pain either to not focus at all and try to CC him.
the team palmar is setting up is very much dealing with AOE dmg and trying to take out as much of our team in a combo of ulties, seing that our tanky heo should be in the mist of the fight, Leoric is an more optimal choice should he be caught in the combo since he actually revives again leaving better chance to actually win the Teamfight. But that is just my PoV.
EVERY CARRY NEEDS ITEMS where viper would need health items SK needs armlet/force staff to be good

oh and ofc tyler would go for sk bieng his number 1 fan and all
oh and against that team a pipe would be good and normally most pro viper players go for an early pipe with vanguard and such

quick question for palmar can you change your vote? because i would vote for viper since i forgot he was in pool
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:43:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

159 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv