Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 problem.

August 02, 2009, 04:16:18 am
Read 2962 times

Offline Snorkil

• Former Member

problem.
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:16:18 am »
i have a problem with my nvlddmkm driver, my screen goes high and sees colors and then blacks out and throws me out of the game, and then i get an error message that says "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has recovered." and it keeps happening.

so anyone that has had this problem before, or does anyone know how to fix it?

Side effects may include: dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, water retention, painful rectal itch, hallucination, dementia, psychosis, coma, death, and halitosis. Magic is not for everyone. Consult your doctor before use

August 02, 2009, 11:07:44 am
Reply #1

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

August 02, 2009, 01:41:34 pm
Reply #2

Offline Snorkil

• Former Member

Re: problem.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 01:41:34 pm »
not funny i have already tried google  it and i have tried many things and it still happens.
Side effects may include: dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, water retention, painful rectal itch, hallucination, dementia, psychosis, coma, death, and halitosis. Magic is not for everyone. Consult your doctor before use

August 02, 2009, 01:56:08 pm
Reply #3

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 01:56:08 pm »
I'd say this is for a few possible reasons:

- Driver problem; have u tried uninstalling, rebooting and installing the latest drivers (and not dodgy tweaked drivers like the omega ones) - or have u tried older drivers?

- Game broken; tried reinstalling the game?  Do other games work?  Is it happening when ur just idling on the desktop, not running a game? (that is very bad)

- Overheating problem; have u got a program that will check the temp of your card (try gpuz) or pc in general (speedfan?) Maybe you can check to see if any of the fans in your pc aren't spinning aswell.  If you don't see temperatures over 80-90 then you're fine there.

- Hardware fault; Could be a number of things wrong on the hardware side, from your gfx card to your memory to your psu...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 01:59:32 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

August 02, 2009, 02:10:12 pm
Reply #4

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 02:10:12 pm »
give in depth system specs, games where it happens, games where it doesn't, driver versions etc. etc.

August 02, 2009, 03:08:20 pm
Reply #5

Offline Snorkil

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 03:08:20 pm »
well i have updated all the drivers, and this still happens, my screen often bugs when im only on the desktop.

but i haven't tried the speed fan thingy, will try that.   

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:46:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

80 Guests, 0 Users