Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Dragon Age Origins

December 01, 2009, 04:26:39 pm
Reply #75

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: Dragon Age Origins
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2009, 04:26:39 pm »
You must've missed a lot of side quests if you didn't have enough money...

Or, did you actually buy pots instead of making them?  I bought mats and made 300+ lyrium and health pots, cost about 50g.  Never needed any more!
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

December 01, 2009, 04:45:19 pm
Reply #76

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2009, 04:45:19 pm »
I did almost every side quest. Unfortunately I did miss the one quest involving selling lyrium that apparently awards you with an instant 50g, and the dwarven one that awards a similir amount (as I was almost done with the game by then anyway).

And yes of course I made the potions myself. Vendors sell them for 70s or something, even more ridiculous.

December 01, 2009, 04:50:36 pm
Reply #77

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2009, 04:50:36 pm »
I never did those quests!  I earned about 700g by the end of the game, which was more than enough. I spent at least half of that on weapons and armour and runes and stuff.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

December 04, 2009, 09:04:51 am
Reply #78

Offline treachery

• Former Member

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2009, 09:04:51 am »
finished it on normal last weekend. i basically played through the main story with a few side quests. didnt bother to maximize my party's performance.

playing through hard as a rogue now and I aim to do most side quests and get the best gear. i slew the high dragon last night! im trying to do make some different choices but its hard not be somewhat nice with wynne in your party. i really dont wanna lose her!

i plan to do one final play solo as an arcane warrior/blood mage that will be insanely evil. i was inspired by one guy on the forums that did this. he killed all compansions he could and kept alistair naked in camp as a sex slave.

i think its a great game. works good on console too, i was a bit worried. im sure its better on a PC though, but I rather play it on 40" than on my laptop..

it's a bit too linear though and the world is rather small. i like oblivion better in that sense. i also like oblivion's side quests alot more. the gameplay, characters and main story is alot better in DA:O though.

December 04, 2009, 02:19:34 pm
Reply #79

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2009, 02:19:34 pm »
Solo? That sounds pretty wild. On easy I presume? Or does the difficulty scale depending on your party size?
Now I run a tech website.

December 04, 2009, 03:23:26 pm
Reply #80

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2009, 03:23:26 pm »
I've been playing it through on hard, and its quite a challenge.

I think Solo would be near impossible though, as a couple of knockdowns/stuns/overpowers and its all over.

December 04, 2009, 04:51:42 pm
Reply #81

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2009, 04:51:42 pm »
Solo as mage is quite possible tho, mage has it all, can nuke, CC, and not so squishy as arcane warrior.

Heres good movie of how imba mage CC is :)

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

December 04, 2009, 08:26:56 pm
Reply #82

Offline treachery

• Former Member

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2009, 08:26:56 pm »
woah, looks alot different than ps3. more like a strategy game.

i think arcane warrior/blood mage can solo. also think rogue is possible when abusing combat stealth/traps, doesnt seem very fun though (as rogue). solo as an imba arcane war/blood mage seem pretty cool though :P

this playthrough is pretty easy even on hard. i know how to spec and what to expect, etc. my dagger rogue with haste is pretty crazy and alistair never dies. my rogue just use combat stealth if he agros. morrigan dish out tons of dmg/cc and wynne keeps everyone up. more or less infinite mana pots keeps us going on and on.

solo should prove to be a challenge though and a chance to be very evil. fun!

January 07, 2010, 11:26:42 am
Reply #83

Offline Hatorum

• Former Member

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2010, 11:26:42 am »
Dragon age was an excellent game. The characters and story were very well made. Dialogue was quite credible as well, so it was easy to get immersed in the game. I was bit annoyed at the ending though because it left so many questions open for the next game ( that wont be probably released for like 2 or 3 years ). Not saying it's a bad thing, but I craved for more info.
   However, I just found out a few days ago that there will be an expansion, and it's only a few months away. Supposedly it will be released sometime in March. Here's a link for more info http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening. the pc version will cost approx 30€. There's not too much info about expansion length yet, but I've heard that it's probably like 15-20 hours or something. I hope it's long. The expansion is not just some side quest fest as far as I know, but it sets few years after the original and continues the main story.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:29:20 am by Hatorum »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:32:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

203 Guests, 0 Users