Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 League Of Legends

November 21, 2010, 09:16:12 pm
Read 24781 times

Inphy

League Of Legends
« on: November 21, 2010, 09:16:12 pm »
As suggested, a poll!

Who here plays League Of Legends. And if you do, are you interested in playing games as SCEC/Iron Edge or something similar.

Do post your name if you want to play together. I'll try and update this post as much as possible so everyone can add people.

November 21, 2010, 11:26:58 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: League Of Legends
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:26:58 pm »
Add an option for 'are you interested in playing?' then :)
Now I run a tech website.

December 01, 2010, 12:20:47 am
Reply #2

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 12:20:47 am »
It's uh, casual.

Hon is far more Hardcore...I've played both.

Played HON far more. But did give LOL a good try (100 games or so)

It's just nowhere near as fun or hardcore...Not being able to deny really annoys me.

December 01, 2010, 03:44:39 am
Reply #3

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 03:44:39 am »
wait

you can't deny? O_O

December 01, 2010, 07:56:23 am
Reply #4

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 07:56:23 am »
haha its kiddie dota :D

Bears like alts!

December 01, 2010, 08:05:34 am
Reply #5

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:05:34 am »
LoL has a much lesser learning curve and is very noob friendly. But it is noway easier than Hon/Dota as it is way different. I'd suggest people going for HON tho, since Lol has talent/level and glyph system. Meaning you have to do like ~250games before you reach level 30 and you are able to use all your talents. Also you must grind influence points (sort of ingame money) to be able to purchase these glyphs AND heros. Only 10-12 heros are usable for free each week... Excuse for denying is "shorter games".

December 01, 2010, 09:07:37 am
Reply #6

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 09:07:37 am »
That is a stupid excuse since you could just boost overall xp gain from creeps.

Removing denying just means less need for microing.

Bears like alts!

December 01, 2010, 09:18:06 am
Reply #7

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 09:18:06 am »
Quote from: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/dota_and_lol
I heard that League of Legends doesn't have denying, is that true?

It?s true, even though League of Legends is based on DotA we?ve intentionally decided to remove denying from the game. We know this is a huge change for some people, but we have some really good reasons for removing it!

* It enlarges the early game imbalance between ranged and melee Champions, and we think it is more fun for all Champions to be at least somewhat competitive at all phases of the game.
    * It leads to passive play, and slows down the game. We feel that high-activity; high-action faster games are more fun. By not having denying, there?s a stronger incentive to push. Additionally, it prevents strong lane control which is ultimately about passive play. Team fights more than anything else are what make this genre fun, and faster games mean more team fights.
    * It is weird. Killing your own guys?

December 01, 2010, 10:17:51 am
Reply #8

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 10:17:51 am »
So basically they simplified the game to make it easier and to make the games shorter.

Bears like alts!

December 01, 2010, 10:36:38 am
Reply #9

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 10:36:38 am »
So basically they simplified the game to make it easier and to make the games shorter.

Basicly yes. As I said earlier, they made lesser learning curve to the game so it is more easy to aproach as a new player.

LoL focuses on different things in terms of skill. There are sort of bushes, where you dont see into, but you can see from, these are optimal for ganking and hiding. Talents and glyphs add depth to the game and 2 additional spells everyone can choose before the game starts is fun idea and works quite well.

You can choose between blink, slow+blind, temp. movement speed, teleport(kinda like teleport boots), small scan, dot with mortalstrike effect, superb. nuke vs creeps, pvptrinket, small aoe heal, small aoe mana restore, long CD champion revive, AOE damageboost totem and a tower fortifying ability.

I do think HoN requires more in terms of skill and is more true to original dota. But I think you are underestimating LoL, its not "kiddie dota", just focuses on different things.

December 01, 2010, 10:40:15 am
Reply #10

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 10:40:15 am »
Im sure its a good game, Im not really that serious. I dislike the fact that you have to unlock heroes and that you can pay for those different perks.

But it is made by some of the important developers of Dota so im sure its wellmade.

Bears like alts!

December 01, 2010, 11:12:51 am
Reply #11

Inphy

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 11:12:51 am »
That's one thing that I disliked about LoL at first. That you could and had to pay for certain things. But you don't have to pay for those things. You can also just play games and get points from playing games (more for winning obviously).

And with those points you can unlock the heroes you like, or get glyphs for it. And not being able to deny gives you way more chance to start ganking at early levels, or harass at most. And like Sparrowhawk quoted, it gives more room for melee heroes. It looks like a kiddie game, that's just the style, which I honestly don't fancy myself.

Oh and you can buy awesome skins for the heroes, with real money that is. But still it's pretty cool. Imagine Legionnaire in a baseball outfit!

December 01, 2010, 01:34:38 pm
Reply #12

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 01:34:38 pm »
The fact it sounds so much different from what I'm used to does actually make it seem more interesting as a prospect, but all that odd stuff about some stuff being free sometimes and not othertimes sounds like a headache... kinda prefer if they just put the option out to just outright buy the game and have access to the whole thing all the time.

December 01, 2010, 01:43:06 pm
Reply #13

Kilizion

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 01:43:06 pm »
I agree with Kawe on having to pay for extra things. I'd also just rather buy a game and have access to everything. You see them doing it a lot in free games, sometimes even items that improve a players stats or whatever (I assume not the case in LoL), but it is frustrating.

As for LoL i'll download it at some point this week and try it since i'll probably be bored at some point.

December 01, 2010, 01:44:34 pm
Reply #14

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 01:44:34 pm »
In LoL paying basically means you have to play less to get access to all teh cool stuff, that you can unlock by playing a lot of games.

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:00:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

316 Guests, 0 Users