Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 League Of Legends

December 01, 2010, 01:51:33 pm
Reply #15

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

Re: League Of Legends
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 01:51:33 pm »
In LoL paying basically means you have to play less to get access to all teh cool stuff, that you can unlock by playing a lot of games.

It helps out alot.. Heros cost 1300, 3100 or 6100 points (numbers not 100% accurate) And you actually get 100-200points per game. Buying them isnt really cheap either :P about 5e per hero if you are buying them one by one. You get extra points more you buy so... You also have to buy glyphs which can cost up to 1200 per glyph and you have something like 27rune slots.

December 01, 2010, 02:16:04 pm
Reply #16

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 02:16:04 pm »
If you plan to play a lot, I find it makes more sense to buy XP boosts. I bought the game when it came out of beta, but haven't touched it in a year or so.

December 02, 2010, 03:04:41 am
Reply #17

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 03:04:41 am »
Well, I thought it a bit unfair to not at least try the game myself. So I downloaded it and gave it a bash, it's quite interesting. Absolutely is a dota-style game with a more casual pace to it, certainly a great deal less stressful to play.

LoL has some neat features too, like being able to hold down right click on the ground, and your hero will just chase your cursor if spam-clicking isn't your thing, and the little lines that show your intended path on the minimap when you click a location. I also like the launcher's pages on the heroes, with little bars approximating their strengths, weaknesses and difficulty to play well with, as well as a story panel for each and tactics for dealing with them in general terms.

However, it does overall feel a lot less twitchy and precise as HoN or DotA, and would - I think - not satisfy people looking for that high-tension action.

It's largely well put-together, but some stuff in the interface feels a little too small, or unintuitive in their purposes, requiring a mouseover to work out. Spell descriptions/functionality for the one hero I played didn't seem too clear/concise either, and could use some better formatting a la HoN.

Definitely, there's fun to be had playing LoL, but it's a very different style of game indeed, and a bit less refined. I recommend it to anyone who liked the idea of DotA/HoN (team game with some pvp and some pve played over 15-45 minutes), but finds them too stressful or would prefer a slower-paced, slightly simplified game in the same vein.

December 04, 2010, 03:04:42 am
Reply #18

Offline Veilas

• Guild Member

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 03:04:42 am »

He made me like it !

December 05, 2010, 05:07:46 am
Reply #19

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 05:07:46 am »
So, I've played I think 3-5 games now, and I'm really enjoying the game a lot. It's possibly because of the fact it has the zomgultimatesupport hero in it though, and that that hero is also a tribute to hatsune miku and makes harp sounds with every spell you cast.

My nickname for LoL is Toastcleaner, add me if you want to play with me :) I hael and buff and don't afraid of anything.

December 05, 2010, 11:33:10 am
Reply #20

Inphy

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 11:33:10 am »
Haha, it's cool to see how people turn to this game and think it's fun. I started with the same oppinion on it, that it was horrible that you had to pay for heroes etc. But once you get around to it, it's alot of fun.

The other nice thing about it is that you can play alot of different builds. For example with Sona (that Kawe plays), you can either go full support by building up ability power to strenghten your abilities. Or you can go cooldown reduction by buying alot of those items. And you have items with aura's to support even more. So you can go so many directions with one hero. Where with Hon for example, it's basicly one build that you always take.

December 05, 2010, 12:39:05 pm
Reply #21

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 12:39:05 pm »
Where with Hon for example, it's basicly one build that you always take.

December 05, 2010, 04:08:25 pm
Reply #22

Inphy

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 04:08:25 pm »
Where with Hon for example, it's basicly one build that you always take.

Oh common, it's true. You always go for agility items on an agilty hero! (which makes sense, obviously). In LoL you can go ability power, cooldown reduction, or crit, or even attack damage. So I think it's more diverse.

December 18, 2010, 09:13:01 pm
Reply #23

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 09:13:01 pm »
Don't mind me, was just cleaning some toast to a sparkly shine.

Lux is so crool to play as, deathstar hoooooooooooo!

[edited name=Kawe date=1292703316][/edited]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 09:15:34 pm by Kawe »

December 19, 2010, 06:19:58 pm
Reply #24

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 06:19:58 pm »
So, I've played I think 3-5 games now, and I'm really enjoying the game a lot. It's possibly because of the fact it has the zomgultimatesupport hero in it though, and that that hero is also a tribute to hatsune miku and makes harp sounds with every spell you cast.

http://leaguecraft.com/skins

You can dl free skins from here, only you see them tho, not others. But theres hatsune miku skin for sona which is quite well made ;)

Also support casters FTW

edit: Unlike wow, it is actually legal to have custom skins in LoL.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:33:45 pm by Sparrowhawk »

December 19, 2010, 11:45:27 pm
Reply #25

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 11:45:27 pm »
I did see that Miku skin! But vanity things are meant to be seen by as many as possible! :D

I've actually tried a decent selection of heroes now, think Lux, Janna, Sona are my favourites followed by Katarina and Akali.

December 20, 2010, 07:43:24 am
Reply #26

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 07:43:24 am »
I did see that Miku skin! But vanity things are meant to be seen by as many as possible! :D

I've actually tried a decent selection of heroes now, think Lux, Janna, Sona are my favourites followed by Katarina and Akali.

Bought sorceress skin for lux because of pointy hats! Soraka has quite similar rule to sona and lux, so should try that out.

December 20, 2010, 01:03:09 pm
Reply #27

Offline Destro

• Former Member

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 01:03:09 pm »
You gotta beat my 36-0-13 >_O

Tryndamere is a baller.

Im having a ton of fun on Dr Mundo atm. Pretty much inkillable while his ulti is active and with cooldown reduction glyphs you can pop it every 25 seconds.

My favourite champs are Tryndamere, Mundo, Pantheon (SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA), Morgana (Awesome solo laner with strong early and mid game, but very weak if the game goes for 50minutes), Malphite, Irelia and jax.

Eve is just fukkn OP aswell, played 3 games on her and did around 20+ kills each game, i just really didnt like being so squishy and having to sneak in when the fight ha started, i much prefer being the first guy to charge in and stir shit up.

Didnt think id enjoy Moba style games but there pretty awesome, havent played WoW for months now, havent even logged in since cata >_O been too addicted to LoL.

Guess i should try Dota and HoN.

I have a very huge brain.

January 26, 2011, 08:56:01 pm
Reply #28

Offline Deathbreaker

• Former Member

• Vodka?

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 08:56:01 pm »
Any1 playing on US servers??? ADD ME!!
i got lvl 30 for 2-3 weeks i guess.....loving this game its rly cool

My name is Milant88.
We could make a clan or something!

January 26, 2011, 09:39:11 pm
Reply #29

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 09:39:11 pm »
Any1 playing on US servers??? ADD ME!!
seeing as everyone here is playing on the europian server you should to
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:46:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

283 Guests, 3 Users
DNZ93, Tyssar, kodin