Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Guild Wars 2

April 27, 2012, 01:09:34 am
Reply #30

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 01:09:34 am »
Not from the guild. There are a few scandinavians, some germans, brits. General eu bunch of peeps.
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

April 27, 2012, 01:27:17 am
Reply #31

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 01:27:17 am »
Once we created our chars etc we must post the details to add friends here
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

April 27, 2012, 01:28:12 am
Reply #32

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 01:28:12 am »
more than likely that i will call my character liralai

now i just need to figure out what kinda class i want
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

April 27, 2012, 01:29:36 am
Reply #33

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 01:29:36 am »
if it is anything like gw1, yr name needs to be at least 2 words. So i will most likely be The Dirty Roman (my elementalist from gw1)

April 27, 2012, 07:28:11 am
Reply #34

Offline Pluug

• Guild Member

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 07:28:11 am »
The Raging Dutchman !!!

emo? >3

April 27, 2012, 01:48:50 pm
Reply #35

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 01:48:50 pm »
http://openetherpad.org/ep/pad/view/Hcpzc4HD46/latest

This might be interesting for anyone finding a server to settle on (Atleast for this coming beta event)
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

April 27, 2012, 06:31:33 pm
Reply #36

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:33 pm »
http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2

JORA - ALL OTHER NAMES ARE SHIT.

Fuck yeah JORAAAAAAA

April 30, 2012, 04:37:52 pm
Reply #37

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 04:37:52 pm »
Sooo... does gw2 live up to the hype?

April 30, 2012, 04:50:02 pm
Reply #38

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 04:50:02 pm »
Sooo... does gw2 live up to the hype?

In my opinion yes, but I'm a fanboy so take everything I'm about to say with a pinch of salt.

It was very good. The levelling is like an area wide thing. You go to a certain part of the map and there you meet a scout. He will tell you things to do in this area and you will get a little heart icon on your mini map. When you go there you can do certain tasks for example.

In norn area - The first area you get to after the tutorial you can either Kill some enemies (Lets say 10) or run around picking up eggs putting them into the nests.

There's also a chance that you get, for lack of a better name "Public quests" or as GW2 calls them, Events. In the area I just mentioned you can answer riddles about general knowledge and get the progress bar up. You are given Karma (Think of it as Badges) XP and Money.

Some events aren't as straightforward as this. Others again involve killing mass amounts of enemies very fast in a small time period or stopping them repairing a tower. A good example of a world changing event is as follows.

In the charr area there is a charr armory that has been abandoned. The flame legion (Evil charr!) are moving in to take it away from the Legions (Ash, Blood, Iron) If you don't defend it they take this obejctive and change the zone, quite drasticly. They have a foothold deeper into the zone and these more powerful enemies move forward, now backed up by mortars and turrets and begin assaulting the starting area.

Yes, that's right. The game literally pits you against level 5-6's when you step out of the tutorial zone (That's if nobody defends it)

Another example would be the human area. I didn't experince this but grish did. In the human area there is a water resoviour (However you spell that) that is under attack by centaurs. They plan to poison the water so bassicly, as the dashing young hero you must kill them before they can. If you fail people die and the centaur pressence is "stronger" in the region. But not the extent of the charr.

There's so much in this game I don't even know where to begin. But events and event levelling really beats the "fetch 10 boar brains"

April 30, 2012, 05:27:25 pm
Reply #39

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 05:27:25 pm »
Another example would be the human area. I didn't experince this but grish did. In the human area there is a water resoviour (However you spell that) that is under attack by centaurs. They plan to poison the water so bassicly, as the dashing young hero you must kill them before they can. If you fail people die and the centaur pressence is "stronger" in the region. But not the extent of the charr.
they were bandits btw not centaurs anyway i got in to that part of the zone when the event failed before i could do anything as it turns out the water got poisoned and you had to make an antidote, if you were in a different part of the zone you hear npc's next to some wells talk about them bieng sick and thinking it has something to do with the water supply

anyway i say the game is overhyped a bit thats not to say its not good (it is very very good imo) but you know things go people get excited and shit happens

what this beta weekend was not good for however for me that is is that i had a few proffesions i wanted to play and i was hoping that this beta would give my an idea what i wanted to play come release... well as it turns out that i still cant fucking make up my own mind because the proffesions i wanted to play were all fun to play making the decision not any easier

i tried playing the elementalist engineer thief and mesmer

Elementalist: to be honest i wanted to try the least but they turn out to be very fun to play and the switching between the elements was fun having like 20 different spells (not counting the utility spells) means you have tons of choices of how you want to deal with shit

Engineer: Probably the least fun class out of the 4 i played thats not to say i didnt have fun playing just... less fun compared to the other 3 classes
might have something to do with not having a flamethrower just yet

Mesmer: I played this class the least i have to admit, They were a bit confusing at first so i didnt play them much from what little i played with them i can say that you can be a real annoyance in pvp or just be a dick with your illusions and phantasm

Thief: Well to be honest i thought they were oke untill i got to level 5 when you get your first utility skill (you can choose what to get btw if you have enough points for it) i took shadowstep which basicly lets you jump to a point on the ground of your choosing and then it turns in to a a return button where you just jump back and at level you get weapon switching which lets you switch to a different set of weapons, so the 2 sets i went with was pistol/dagger and dagger/pistol
oh what i forgot to mention was that depending on what weapons you have equiped your third skill will be different what i mean by that is pisto/dagger has a different third skill than dagger/pistol, anyway you get a skill where you shoot and than shadowstep to the target to stab it and the other set gets you a skill where you stab and shadowstep backwards to shoot them
anyway i had probably the most fun playing the thief

that bieng said the beta was poorly optimized and some of the ground texture were very very low rez but from what i heard Arenanet knows about this and are fixxing this and about the textures they didnt put in the hirez textures in the downloader yet

oh yeah they didnt have the Sylvari and Asura starting area yet which made me kinda sad because i realy wanted to play a Saladtosser
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox

April 30, 2012, 05:55:09 pm
Reply #40

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 05:55:09 pm »
Yes I agree with Grishnag it is overhyped. It's not the godfather of MMO's. It's still very very good. The differences between the classes is HUGE. I'm talking HUGE No one class is ANYWHERE near the same as the other.

Warrior is 10x different from the Guardian. His skills his armor everything. While they do use the same weapons the different abillties and variation in them is just jawdropping. I played all weekend and I couldn't make enough characters to try them all.

June 08, 2012, 01:41:04 am
Reply #41

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 01:41:04 am »
according to this post here riverside is a german server now

are we still going to stay or move?

June 08, 2012, 02:03:22 am
Reply #42

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 02:03:22 am »
move

June 08, 2012, 02:30:42 am
Reply #43

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 02:30:42 am »
oke so what server? also i meant this post
http://www.arena.net/blog/the-worlds-of-the-guild-wars-2-beta

June 08, 2012, 12:24:37 pm
Reply #44

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 12:24:37 pm »
oke if we are moving how about to Aurora Glade (because it sounds cool :P)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:57:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

324 Guests, 0 Users