Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Heroes S2 Discussion (was: Heroes season ending discussion) [SPOILER]

May 22, 2007, 04:59:22 pm
Read 36346 times

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

*** WARNING: HEAVY SPOILERS MIGHT FOLLOW ***

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Right. So Sylar apparently survives getting stabbed by Hiro (it would seem?), who teleports back to the 17th century Japan. I sort of find it a bit strange that Sylar isn't dying, but hey, I haven't been stabbed with a sword ever, so I can't really say I know how bad it is from experience...

Mr. (Noham I think he says?) Bennet is back with his daugther, happy family there, Micas dad survives being shot at close range, and my guess would be that Parkman survives getting shot four (!!!) times aswell. So, I guess Nathan and Peter must survive the LOLNUKE in the sky? At least we know that Peter should, since he has Claires regeneration.

So, now comes the big question: What do you guys think of the season ending, and what do you think will happen in season two? :P

Personally I think it will revovle a LOT around trying to catch Sylar once again, who might find some allies in his "battle" (since that's what villians always do). I think Hiro will be quite interesting to follow throughout his journeys in time, but it will probably be just as interesting to see what will remain of the "old" heroes group that included Lindermann, the Petrelli grand mother and Charles.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:47:52 pm by delling »
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

May 22, 2007, 10:17:24 pm
Reply #1

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

Re: Heroes season ending discussion[SPOILER]
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:17:24 pm »
Short replies:

1) Its Noah/Noah. As in Ark of Noah?

2)I think the picture of the guy in flames, peter petrelli, came true. He just went Fantastic Four kinda flame guy up in the sky. Sure as hell didnt die. Just some superhuman fire guy imo. Brother dunno. Maybe they merged.
In any case, he will be back as the flame guy of the picture's ( Peter)

3)There will be a spinoff in the summer. 6 episodes with each week a new hero. At the end the americans can vote which hero makes it into season 2.
So yeah, epic battles with the league of extraordinairy mean meets x-mean meets fantastic four meets highlander meets The Matrix meets The Island meets..... just about every movie/serie out there

4)

<3 this show :P

May 23, 2007, 12:15:30 am
Reply #2

Offline Daekesh

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:15:30 am »
I think the actual death of sylar was a bit shit tbh.  He just appears, charges and stabs him.  Sylar would have just done something like he did before, and thrown him into a nearby building, but on this occasion, he just gets stabbed.  They didn't really think that one through, did they?

As for the brother.  He could have just flown him up really high and then dropped him, flying off to safety somewhere else.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 23, 2007, 12:21:56 am
Reply #3

Offline Peikko

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 12:21:56 am »
2)I think the picture of the guy in flames, peter petrelli, came true. He just went Fantastic Four kinda flame guy up in the sky. Sure as hell didnt die. Just some superhuman fire guy imo. Brother dunno. Maybe they merged.
In any case, he will be back as the flame guy of the picture's ( Peter)

Well, I dont think Peter died either. 1) Would be bit stupid if one of the "best" heroes died 2) Ted didn't die when he "radiated" himself in Bennet's house in one episode, dont remember which, so why would peter die?!?

May 23, 2007, 02:23:07 am
Reply #4

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 02:23:07 am »
What do you guys think of the season ending, and what do you think will happen in season two? :P

I think there definitely was no script to begin with and the authors developed the story while the season was being shot. How can you explain such a lackluster and shitty season ending otherwise. It's a "WOW - this show is successful! Let's milk it as long as we can"-reset: Every main person is alive just like at the start of the show (probably even the flying stunt brothers) so we can go on and on and on and on.
This also shows in the apparent coming spinoff where the actor most popular will be integrated into season 2. Give the audience what they want. Snore. I'd prefer a story over being played to.

May 23, 2007, 09:09:21 am
Reply #5

Offline Zenmetsu

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 09:09:21 am »
I like the ending, its Awoesome.

1) I think Sylar didnt die because he is the same as Peter (as he said in some episode) And he prolly have the healing ability, so the stab wasnt enough to kill him or he died then regenerated back and was able to walk to the sewer. not sure tho.

2) Peter will survive the exploding, but i doubt his brother will, or they could come up with the idea that he droped his brother and flew away of the bomb and make him a true hero in the next season.

3) I think Mr.Parkman is going to die.

4) Cant wait for season 2 <3
/lick Delling
/lick Nachmanun
KTHX!

May 23, 2007, 09:18:48 am
Reply #6

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 09:18:48 am »
Im quite sure the next season will show that either:
A) Nathan had time to fly away from peter before the explosion.

B) Peters skill is based on empathy. In the beginning of the series they really focus on the fact that is able to care fully and unconditionally for other people, so I suspect that not only can he take others skills, but he can quite probably share them too, which means that nathan can heal too when they are close.

Bears like alts!

May 23, 2007, 10:46:09 am
Reply #7

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 10:46:09 am »
One of those things I did not understand:

Claire is about to shoot Peter in order to keep him from exploding.
Then Nathan appears and tells him there's an alternative, and that alternative is they both fly away and explode?

So.... the alternative to one dead person (Peter shot) is two dead persons (Peter & Nathan exploding)? Er... good choice!

May 23, 2007, 12:31:41 pm
Reply #8

Offline Myogoblin

• Guild Member

• LOLEXECUTE!

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 12:31:41 pm »
Not sure how season 2 will go. ill ponder that and update this!

Unknown regarding sylar but i'd guess hes alive. Although he can't regen of course. He needs to examine things as his gift is understanding how things work. biologically or mech. hence he removes brains. Peter is just a sponge and therefore more powerful (technically speaking).

Brother gave his life for his brother (possibly). Which was an act of self-sacrifice for a brother he loved.

What role Sylar will play later im not sure (if hes alive) he was quite clear that he had no intention to murder innocents as felt taking others abilities was deserved!

May 24, 2007, 02:32:28 pm
Reply #9

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 02:32:28 pm »
The end was pretty exciting, but as Goza said... was a bit flawed.

PETER CAN FLY ON HIS OWN.

Don't forget this guys. He already has the ability to fly. His brother just suicided. Was a bit of pointless melodrama there!

Pretty sure Parkman will die. And maybe Sylar too. He was still bleeding when he went into the sewer.

Did you all miss the reference to ANOTHER BAD GUY? More bad than Sylar? The kid mentions him about half way through.

re: the 'origins' spin-off during the summer, as far as I know it's for season 3, not season 2. Season 2 is already planned/written/whatever. But could be wrong on his one.

Very cool that we only find out his name is Noah in the last episode. No doubt a biblical reference there too, as he's trying to chase up all the different heroes...

And no clue where Hiro will go from that one... That was Kensei by the way, at the end. Maybe we'll get to see the T-Rexes too...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:41:54 pm by delling »
Now I run a tech website.

May 24, 2007, 02:50:52 pm
Reply #10

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:50:52 pm »
Agree with Delling. he should have flown himself.

The shooting plan itself is quite stupid, in the episodes leading to the explosion people agree that peter will survive because of his regeneration, which means a bullet wont stop him either.....

So flying away is the only viable option, if the explosion cant be stopped.

The little girls talks about that uber-boogyman that can see her, he is probably the one to be cast in those 6 episodes.

I do still think that sylar will survive if not, that last scene with the sewer would be totally useless

Bears like alts!

May 24, 2007, 03:25:13 pm
Reply #11

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 03:25:13 pm »
Sylar will survive, I bet 200g on it. He's just "too cool" to die already. And the show doesn't have another villain yet. He'd prob die sometime along season2, maybe the "other bad new guy" will eat his brains this time, that would be a nice twist. That bad guy will then replace Sylar.

And pleeeease yes let Parkman die, though I doubt it will happen. He is just too stupid! His line in that episode: "There's a bad guy, and I'm a cop! I have to stop him" .... mkay... that bad guy has about every ability known, while Parkman can... read minds! That's handy... but not really a combat assett.  "Hmm... you're thinking about.... killing me! ... OUCH!" *splat*

And where's the drama about Hiro ending up in ~1600? He can just do his I-Dream-of-Jeannie-blink thing again and end up in another time. He can't be out of power because in this very episode he gave away his sword and said "It's not the sword, it's the man."

May 24, 2007, 03:42:05 pm
Reply #12

Offline delling

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 03:42:05 pm »
Grax - last scene of the sewer was just to add suspense. He could easily die down there!

But agree with Goza, Sylar could just be killed off very early in the next season.

The gun thing is not so important - it's about the fact that there's a part of the brain that makes them heroes. The part of the brain that the glass shard flew into, remember?

So Claire knows where to shoot him, to stop his powers. But yes, just generic shooting won't work.

Probably the same part of the brain that Sylar eats...
Now I run a tech website.

May 24, 2007, 03:47:45 pm
Reply #13

Offline Myogoblin

• Guild Member

• LOLEXECUTE!

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 03:47:45 pm »
 I would hazard a guess that hiro takes his time in 1600 to train with the best of the best and forge a new sword. It just means season 2 can then be about his learning maybe or start when he just re-appears as a samurai. (hopefully with a little less poundage hehe)

May 24, 2007, 04:38:30 pm
Reply #14

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 04:38:30 pm »
I suspect that he actually will turn out to be his own hero.

they mention some samurai from back then, I suspect this will turn out to be himself.

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:04:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

263 Guests, 2 Users
kodin, Shimmar