Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Ööloom (XR)

May 10, 2020, 03:35:12 am
Read 1734 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Ööloom (XR)
« on: May 10, 2020, 03:35:12 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Ööloom
Server: Ravencrest
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Ravencrest/%C3%96%C3%B6loom
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Joosep, 32, Denmark and working in IT Project Management

Class/Spec:

I currently main fury, but I also play protection and arms. I generally have stuck with fury as I enjoy the smooth gameplay it has. I have a gear level of 477 equipped (changes little depending on the fight type). Maxed out cloak and lvl 88 neck. Unfortunately have not been super lucky with corruptions, no matter how much I've tried to farm them. Missing gushing wounds and severe. But with what I have I am able to do very well still.

I do play protection also in Myhtic+ and have done few raids with it also. Although I do prefer to main as dps.

I always sim my character many times over to figure out the best possible corruptions and stats for certain situations. Generally fury, like most melee, will gain most from weapon damage. Generally most stats weigh very similar to fury, but for my character critical and haste weight slightly better then versatility and mastery.

Rotation changes also based on the fight style, if it's single target or multi target. As for these situations some talents have to be changed as well and essences. For instance pure single target essence is condensed life-force, and dragon roar and siegebreaker talents. While for multi-target blood of the enemy, bladestorm or dragon roar and reckless abandon. If using blood of the enemy, reckless abandon synergies best.

Alts:

I play lots of alts currently as I find myself interested in more sides of the game in general.
I play Paladin, Mage and Demon Hunter currently besides my main. All of them are well geared (470+) and maxed cloaks.

Professions:

As professions don't bring much this expansion I have stuck with mining and blacksmithing that I have had a for a while now. My alts generally bring other useful professions such as alchemy and enchanting.

Raiding Experience:

I have raided on and of off since the TBC. I used to be hardcore raider and my guild achieved world top 30 in Wrath of the Lich King, including the king himself. Since MoP I unfortunately couldn't raid as much and changed servers and faction to play with a friend instead and went more casual as a result. In Legion and BfA I have raided mostly heroic and cleared only few mythic bosses. I have been hopeful that my guild would start pushing further into mythics but they haven't. So I have finally made the decision to look further for more like-minded guild to get back to battling the hardest content the game offers.
Also I have missed the Horde. :)

While I don't have that much current tier mythic experience I hope these logs from heroics at least will be helpful: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/ravencrest/%c3%96%c3%b6loom#difficulty=4

Previous Guilds:

As stated above, I am leaving them to look for a guild that is more ambitious with the end game goals and could be a home for me for future expansions as well. This seems like a stable guild that could be exactly that.

Availability:

Available most evenings. Regular work hours that wont interfere with raiding.

Communication:

Fluent, have Discord and yes, can use microphone.

Computer / Connection:

High end PC, with an ultra wide monitor, stable fiber-optics internet connection.

Addons/UI:

ElvUI, WeakAuras, DBM, Exorsus RaidTools, RCLootCouncil

URL: https://imgur.com/GvZeHP2
Don't have a screenshot from a raid, but used a Battleground. Only DBM timers missing here and few more WeakAuras that pop during specific fights and such.

Most keybinding are shown, either keyboard or mouse. Nothing specific on warrior that is not shown, but generally I also use Clique to make some friendly-targeted spells instant. Such as Blessing of Protection on my Paladin or Intervene when tanking.

Other Games:

Nothing specific at the moment. Sometimes Heroes of the Storm or some good single player games on my PlayStation.

Why Iron Edge?

I read about the guild and it seems to have a good stable community that thrives to beat the highest content in the game. I miss playing with like minded people and most of all I really miss having a guild that feels like a home in Azeroth.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a dedicated player that always tries to play every spec and class to its fullest. If it's not a fury warrior that you might need the most at the moment, I will still be a player that can adapt and main specs that are needed for certain situations or patches. A player before the class, if you will.
Also, you will get a friendly and a helpful player to your roaster. :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Been browsing guilds on Wowprogress and Iron Edge caught my eye the most.

Last Words?

I hope you will consider me even if I may lack exact mythic kills from this tier and see a potential good player instead. And thanks for reading this wall of text :)

May 12, 2020, 09:04:27 am
Reply #1

Kaier

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Ööloom (XR)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 09:04:27 am »
Why would you stick to fury with your corruption? It's just so far behind arms without severe, you're losing a lot of  damage for a bit of survivability.

May 13, 2020, 09:23:07 am
Reply #2

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Ööloom (XR)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 09:23:07 am »
Hey Joosep,
THanks for applyling. In our current situation we're not really looking for another Warrior as it stands, but we appreciate your interest and hope you will reconsider applying closer to the opening of the new expansion.
Good luck on the rest of the tier!

- Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:48:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

83 Guests, 0 Users