Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Neddiv

May 14, 2020, 11:06:55 am
Read 1739 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Neddiv
« on: May 14, 2020, 11:06:55 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Neddiv
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Neddiv
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

my name is Rasmus, im a 28 year old manchild from Denmark - currently unemployed but got a degree in sales and management - i live in an apartment with my girlfriend who also enjoy WoW, and have two cats which will introduce themself on voice every now and then (unless push to talk ofc).

Class/Spec:

playing ret as main spec, reason i prefer to play ret is because i find dealing damage in general more fun then any other role, ret also have the nice utility toolkit which makes the class more favorable to me, since i enjoy having a wide set of utility avalible during raids. that goes without saying that i dont mind having to tank if so desired by my raidleader. . Ret ilvl: 477, prot ilvl 471.

Ret has had the privilege this tier, having one of the easiest statweights in the game and benifitting alot from all stats, for the minmaxers though like myself, simming your character after each new gained piece of gear leads to the stats Haste>crit/versa>=mastery being better in single target, while haste>=mastery>versa>crit being better on AoE. However is says previously, simming the character after uptaining new pieces of loot, will lead to better optimization.

Since prot is more then having to do damage its mostly damage that benifit from simming, and i like to stack haste and versatility on my prot pala, to improve my survivability as much as possible, which is also why my gear in prot tend to lead more to survivbility then actual dmg done, i am however lacking in the trinket department (still dont have nzoth trinket though KEKW).  

Alts:

BM hunter: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/kazzak/n%C3%A9ddiv
Fire mage: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/kazzak/nedi
Warrior: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/kazzak/neddivs

All alts are 120, hunter and mage is above the 465 mark (not equipped because of corruption pieces or bis trinkets being from last tier).

Professions:

Ive been trying to optimize gearing as best as possible for my paladin, so im running JC, BS for the item crafting, i do however have most of the recipes from this expansion in both professions.. nothing noteworthy from older expansions though since ive had a tendency to swap if it affects gearing (doubt i will do that going forward).

Raiding Experience:

I have multiple CE achivements leading back to MOP. with Garrosh Hellscream being my first cutting edge uptained. i have however swapped classes alot since then and only in this expansions settled on my paladin to be my "main" i have however been dps main for all of them(with a few oftanks and healings in between for single fights/reclears). this is something we can talk more about in depth if needed since it would require a great deal of space and text :)

Previous Guilds:

MoP: Ninth Order(Frostmane Alliance) now transferred to Draenor Horde: left because of real life issues taking me away from the game.

WoD: High Status(Kazzak Horde) : left duo to toxicity levels in the guild leading to a terrible atmosphere to play in, i can take a great deal of banter but enough is enough when told so.

Legion: Civitas(Ravencrest Alliance) Disbanded after KJ kill.
Legion->BFA Ghuun: Placeholder Title (Ravencrest Alliance -> Twisting Nether Horde) Disband after  Ghuun because of GM and raidleader "brothers" had to step down because of real life issues.

Since then i have been stuck in a pug limbo pugging my way to a few kills and only in this current tier played my paladin for real in a guild called Rewritten-Kazzak, where i left because the guilds management was less then ideal (Not being told weither or not the raid is happening) not starting on raid times but 45->120min later, people whoring logs instead of solid reclears to get to progress new bosses and so forth.. im all down for people wanting good logs, but it shouldnt get in the way of progress....ever....  

Availability:

as stated previously i am currently umemployed and have been the past 4 months after qutting university to focus abit on myself and some real life problems leading to depressions etc. which i am still having my focus on, however its not getting in the way of gaming since i have all afternoon/evenings free - also my gf is also playing wow so she is most likely raiding during the same hours as myself.

Communication:

Yes. yes, yes and more yes. i take pride in my equipment and always try to keep my stuff so its not an issue in games and playing in general.

Computer / Connection:

my computer is decent, i can hold a stable 100+ fps in raids, my internet is 160gb up, 35gb down with a stable 30 ms on kazzak, usually never have lag issues, but i dont want to jinx it :D u can never be to sure!?!.

Addons/UI:

Bigwigs
Details
Elvui
Exorsus Raid Tools.
OmniCC
Rclootcouncil (if needed)
Simulationcraft
Weakauras

Other Games:

im a huge fan of RPG games in general but also dont mind a few RTS or FPS games every now and then

Dragon Age series
Fallout series
The Witcher series
The Elder Scrolls series
Subnautica
Total War series
League of Legends
Destiny 2
Ori and the will of the whisp
Grand Theft Auto.

The list goes on.

Why Iron Edge?

Iron Edge seems like a stable community, with a nice social aspect, good raid efficiency with 2 day raiding and raid times - i "suspect atleast" think the guild management is good since the guild has been going on for so long and have a history behind it not to mention loyal players which all in all is very appealing to me.  

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Even though my guild history may sugguest otherwise, you can expect loyalty, a stable raider that always shows up atleast 15min ealier then sugguested inv times, always prepared, always ready. a player that doesnt mind sitting the bench a full tier if its for the benifit of the guild and progress, i believe myself a very calm individual that avoids drama and rather wants to talk issues over mano un mano instead of making a big scene out of something thats usually a small matter or issues based on language barriers. i am also a person that enjoys wow in general, im a collector and achivement hunter which makes me the type of person thats always online and looking to do some fun, weither it be Goldshire fun(disgusted shrug), gearing alts or m+. - i am also currently trying to push keys, so if thats of interest to anyone i am more then willing to have a chat about it :)  

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress filter for LF ret paladins.

Last Words?

Pheonix got a cute doggo

May 18, 2020, 02:46:27 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Neddiv
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 02:46:27 pm »
Hey Neddiv,
Sorry to keep you waiting for a response. Had to review things and unfortunately in our current situation we won't be looking to take you on in the main raid team.
You're welcome to give this a bump in a few months, closer to Shadowlands or join as a social in the mean time, but as for right now we can't offer you a spot in the main raid.
If any of the alternatives do appeal then let us know, otherwise I wish you the best of luck on your search!

- Shimmar

May 18, 2020, 02:56:58 pm
Reply #2

Offline Neddiv

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Neddiv
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 02:56:58 pm »
Thanks - i have had the time to view some of the other applicants, and it seems as if you have had your fill of melees and other ret paladins so i will try my luck elswhere for the time being. - GL with nzoth progress.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:35:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

76 Guests, 1 User
Oni