Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Hunter (DPS) - Pandorium

July 30, 2020, 08:21:40 am
Read 2151 times

Applicant

Social Application - Hunter (DPS) - Pandorium
« on: July 30, 2020, 08:21:40 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Pandorium
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Pandorium
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Maayan / enough to jump right into your ToT range :) / Israel / graphic designer

Class/Spec:

I'm considering switching to dps as a main after maining healers for the past 9 years. Gave a try DH, rogue, warlock, DK but it wasn't "it". I hate dps specs of my druid, 2 hours of Balance gives me an "Insane" debuff for a week!
I like mobile classes and I don't like mobs hitting me in my face so hunter seems fit.
Ah, and I have to switch mostly to the left hand when playing (all my dps spells are bound for left hand) after already killing my right one clicking on the healing frames :)

Alts:

All my current toons are Alliance:
8 x120 lvl: Druid, Hunter, Shaman, DH, Paladin, Monk, Rogue, DK, other classes are lower.
Druid is 11/12M Nyalotha, Hunter has AoTC, all the rest are just alts for professions.

Until BfA I was able to play all the healing classes so that's the reason I leveled Shaman, Paladin and Monk again. DH was for fast consumables and LW farm as I couldn't keep gathering profs on the main.

I have a 120 druid on the Horde side - leveled her for the achievement.

Professions:

on Pandorium nothing meanwhile because I'm leveling through dungeons and the only point to have professions during leveling is to get more XP from gathering (which I wouldn't get in dungeons).
On the raiding main I always keep Alchemy for consumables, double flask and trinket and switch between Leatherworking (gear on the start of the tiers) and Enchanting (towards the end of the tiers when you tend to DE all the gear). Have Jewelcrafting, Enchanting and gathering profs maxed on alts.

Regarding cool recipes: the most stupid thing I did in this area was to switch out of Alchemy back in Cata 2 days after I obtained Vial of the Sands recipe. I just.... forgot....

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I started to play in Classic and to raid in BC. Raiding until now with a break in Cata (family stuff).
Have 3 CE and 15 AoTC. Had another break in Uldir - did I mention that I ruined my right hand? Sure I did...
I had to step out a couple of weeks ago in the middile of N'zoth M progression for the same reason. Not fun at all but nothing I could do unfortunately.
So here I am - too old to raid and trying to be social :)  

Previous Guilds:

My Alliance guild is Shadow on Argent Dawn - I'm raiding with the guys for the past 3 years, everything is fine there, I'm not leaving.

Availability:

Evenings during the work week (GMT+2), through the day on Friday-Saturday.

Communication:

I can speak, read and write in English.

Teamspeak 3, eh? I guess I have it in the basement hidden together with my ibm 286 XT :P

I can listen and I can talk on voice.

Computer / Connection:

I have a decent PC, no FPS issues - 50-60fps in raids, 100+ in the open world. The connection is stable, no lag or disconnects. My standard ping to EU servers is 80 ms.

Addons/UI:

BigWigs - boss timers
WA2 - all the class and encounters auras
GTFO - well, we shouldn't stand in fire, right?
VuhDo - because I heal things
Exorsus Raid Tools - ingame notes, tracking raid CDs, combat timer
Details! - dps and healing meters
RC Loot Council - loot distribution.
SimulationCraft and RaidBots - to sim my gear for non healing specs.
QELive - same for healing specs.
WCL - to check what's going on during the encounters
ElvUI - my UI

UI: https://imgur.com/pQCpmw2

Other Games:

ESO and FFXIV very casually, WoW is my main game for the past 15 years.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for more social experience while having around people who are playing the game on the highest level.
All my close friends I was playing with already left (happens a lot when you play for too long), my current Alliance guild is great but very small - about 25 people and more than half logs in only to raid or to do raid related chores, from 5-7 guys that are doing M+ most start to play when I'm already heading to bed.

Whining apart, I'm looking to play WoW with people that are around when I log in and who are hopefully are interesting in chatting about raiding and class changes rather than only about pet battles and dinner :)
Iron Edge seems nice and fit from the looking at site and wowprogress

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Money? :P
Well, after 15 years spent in WoW I can offer my experience and help, no drama and some jokes (not all of them are bad!).

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress -> filter Kazzak -> filter English speaking guilds with 1-2 raids a week, accepting socials and 10-12/12M progress

Last Words?

Amen!

August 01, 2020, 01:14:58 pm
Reply #1

Offline kodin

• Officer

Re: Social Application - Hunter (DPS) - Pandorium
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 01:14:58 pm »
Hi Pandorium,

I'd like to offer you a social spot.

You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!

Kodin

August 01, 2020, 01:42:18 pm
Reply #2

Offline Pandorium

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Hunter (DPS) - Pandorium
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 01:42:18 pm »
Thank you!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:12:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 1 User
Phoenixflame