Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Blôodfrenzy

February 07, 2015, 04:11:33 am
Read 4540 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Blôodfrenzy
« on: February 07, 2015, 04:11:33 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Blôodfrenzy
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Bl%C3%B4odfrenzy/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hi I'm Ryan from the UK, currently i'm a student studying Game art and design. no employment at the moment, focusing fully or studying and well, gaming! been a wow player since 2009.

Class/Spec:

At the moment I am transitioning from tank to dps(Fury), I made this decision since at the moment it seems dps is the most wanted position and its much easier to get into pug raids than as a tank, I also find it enjoyable to compete in the damage meters and maximize my dps. I prefer to play Fury due to the high cleave damage and Iv’e always loved warrior as a class and found it the most enjoyable.

Gear level (Prot) - 660
Gear level (Arms) - 660 - Needs to replace some items that don’t have optimal stats, that were won when tanking spec’d.

Arms Talents

Tier One Double time : Comes in handy when a mechanics knocks you back and such and an easy way back onto the target.

Tier Two Impending Victory : Good ability to use for extra heals and also extra dps and adds a small but satisfying element to the fury rotation.

Tier Three Sudden death/Slam : I use sudden death for the most part, It provides the best single target dps at the moment for boss fights, this may change with the 40% buff to slam in patch 6.1 so it could be possible that I will use slam in the future.

Tier Four Storm Bolt/Dragons Roar : Generally use storm bolt for maximum single target dps, but dragons roar can be handy for some extra aoe damage, really depends on the boss fights.

Tier Five Vigilance : Handy talent to be using on a raid member if they are taking significant damage, normally ill use it on a tank if they seem to be taking too much dmg, or it’ll be used if needed when a raid member gets a debuff and such.

Tier Six : Bloodbath/Bladestorm : I use bloodbath for maximum single target damage and normally switch out to bladestorm depending on what it needed more, aoe damage or single target. lately I have been just using Bladestorm since most fights have some form of cleave and the damage difference is minimal.

Tier Seven : Ravager : I generally use this as it provides the best increase in dps, good for aoe and also not to bad for single target increase.

My Stat Priority as arms is STR>CRIT>MULTISTRIKE>MASTERY>VERSATILITY>HASTE.

Crit is generally just for the best dps increase, mastery being the second stat that passively increases 3 of my main abilities damage Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash and Execute.

My Fury rotation goes as follows.
the first being my main priority

Execute procs
Bloodthirst (for Wild strike procs)
Wild strike
Raging Blow Procs(Keep 1 up so that it can be used when wild strikes doesn’t proc)
Ravager on cooldown
Bladestorm/Bloodbath depends on the fight.

When my rotation begins I pre-pot up, drop down Ravager, pop Recklessness+Blood Fury for maximum pull damage, I then proceed to continue my rotation and use cooldowns are they come  back up or when the appropriate time in the boss fight arrives.

Alts:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Strikerz/simple

Level 100 Holy paladin at Ilevel 652. mained it at the start but decided that I wanted to switch to warrior as I always enjoyed the warrior class the most. have been debating whether to transfer to kazzak as I am still alt raiding on it when I have time.

all other alts remain between lvl80-92 (Monk, Mage, Rouge, Druid, Hunter, DK)

Professions:

Engineering (low level)
Blacksmithing (low level)

I've never been heavily into professions for some reason, I end up spending too much of my time in raids that I never get round to doing anything with them. I realise how much of a benefit they can be when time and effort is put into them but its never really something I have enjoyed doing in the game. I have been taking it more into account with the addition of the garrison and I’m leveling up professions as we speak.

Raiding Experience:

WOTLK : Mainly a casual raider.

Naxx cleared 7/7 normal (Prot paladin)
OS cleared normal (Prot Paladin)
EoE cleared normal (Prot paladin)
Ulduar cleared 6/14 normal (Prot Paladin)
ToC cleared 5/5 normal (Ret paladin)
ICC cleared 7/12 normal (Ret Paladin)

CATACLYSM : Mainly a pvper, with some raiding.

Pvper with 1.9k arena exp and 2.1k RBG experience. (Frost/Fire Mage)
DS : 7/7 normal, with pug. (Frost Mage)

MOP

didn’t play MOP till the end of the expansion, so only did SoO LFR.

WARLORDS EXP

7/7 HM nm, 7/7 hm hc. BRF(3/10)nm

Previous Guilds:

Main raiding guilds have been on my paladin.

2010 <Paragon>/<National Elf Service> (not real paragon lol) raided naxx, ulduar and icc.
Reason for leaving : People had breaks/quit wow so the guild became dead

2011<Vision> pvp guild mainly RBGS
Reason for leaving : Lots of drama when doing RBGS and things got a little crazy, ended up leaving towards the end of cataclysm when the guild went dead.

2014<Goonsqaud> Joined for HM progression
Reason for leaving : Raided High maul to brackenspore/tectus on release, then less sign ups on calendar, logged on one day to find leaders had left.

So now I’m currently guildess, so looking for a more permanent position.

Availability:

Mainly Available Monday, Tues, Thurs. Normally on and off other days depending on when I’m doing university work or not. Although studying is generally not an issue as I would mainly work in the day.

Communication:

I have latest version of TS3. From the UK, English is my only language. I have a working mic and can contribute and talk when needed.

Computer / Connection:

play on a gaming laptop and plan to change back to desktop in the future. I normally have around 80+ fps within raids and I rarely have any connection issues.

Addons/UI:

ELV UI , DBM, RECOUNT.

here are a few logs also of some fights, been hard to get lately since with wiping with BRF pugs.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/5fe124dd-3c1c-4344-b11d-d639c272331a/report/9#v=0,d=0

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/1262e109-ab5a-4e8e-98f9-ca26035fe391/report/10#v=0,d=0

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/5fe124dd-3c1c-4344-b11d-d639c272331a/report/7#v=0,d=0

Other Games:

I play League of legends from time to time along with H1Z1, I also have a PS4 that I play normally whenever an exclusive is released and sometimes play with IRL friends. but really I love most and all types of games!

Why Iron Edge?

I feel like I have never really joined an established guild and this has always been the reason that the guilds end up becoming dead, people quit, leave the guild and raiding doesn't happen. I felt it was time that I looked for a guild that had some background to it, a social guild, but also a guild that gets things done and enjoys progression, somewhere I could permanently stay. I feel like warlords is a great expansion and the best time to look for an opportunity in an established guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I’m a laid back person that doesn’t take things too seriously, but always wants to get things done. I will attend raids 99% of the time meaning I would only not attend if important IRL things got in the way. I will offer my loyalty to the guild, and give my perspective on things when needed. I feel like my one and only goal in wow is to have fun in raids and have a good social experience at the same time and this is why you can expect me to be an active, dedicated player.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoWprogress/From a In-game friend

Last Words?

I look forward to the responses to my application and the possibility of owning some scrub bosses in the the future with you!

Inabit houston.

February 07, 2015, 09:13:43 am
Reply #1

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Blôodfrenzy
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 09:13:43 am »
damn, i like ur application.

February 07, 2015, 12:21:57 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:21:57 pm »
I don't know what warrior dps should be at , at your current ilvl but it feels lowish from those few logs you provided.

The application itself is alright well detailed etc, but i just don't feel the wow factor from the logs to say you can upstage our current melee dps.

Just my opinion and not of the officers i'm sure who will be a bit more detailed than myself.

Good Luck on the application.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

February 07, 2015, 03:54:57 pm
Reply #3

Offline Bloodfrenzy

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 03:54:57 pm »
I think it depends on the fight, since warriors excel in cleave fights and not so much in single target fights from my experience. I'll see if I can get some more logs with better results. I think its mainly because some of my items don't have my stat priority, so my crit is low. But I do agree that some of the logs its lower than it should be.

February 08, 2015, 07:50:23 pm
Reply #4

Offline Bloodfrenzy

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:50:23 pm »
got a few logs from BRF last night.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/cf0eabb5-0588-4e0a-a07a-f8ca38e944f4/report/17#v=0,d=0

here are 2 cleave fights to show the difference in my damage depending on the boss.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/cf0eabb5-0588-4e0a-a07a-f8ca38e944f4/report/36#v=0,d=0

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/cf0eabb5-0588-4e0a-a07a-f8ca38e944f4/report/25#v=0,d=0

I would basically say I do around 25k dps on single target on the moment and 30k+ on aoe fights.

February 09, 2015, 02:33:57 am
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 02:33:57 am »
I like your application a lot!

I'll make sure our current warriors take a look and see what they think, as well as our melee officer.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 09, 2015, 11:33:55 am
Reply #6

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 11:33:55 am »
Is this the god tier warrior that will teach us how to play just like the legends say? I'd be willing to find out

February 09, 2015, 12:43:37 pm
Reply #7

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 12:43:37 pm »
Gear and experience aren't exceptional, but you seem like the type of player we like to have around. Good luck!

February 09, 2015, 12:48:58 pm
Reply #8

Offline Aretum

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 12:48:58 pm »
Why the lack of any mythic bosses from Highmaul? You have decent HC experience.

Your DPS seems fine for the gear, which would be a bit of a problem if we were going straight into Mythic, as there will be some time in BRF HC currently, can get that up.

Would you be willing to tank if required? How much of highmaul did you tank, tanked any BRF?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:20:27 pm by Aretum »
"CAPTAIN! WE'RE SURROUNDED!"
"EXCELLENT, we can fire in any direction now"

February 09, 2015, 01:49:51 pm
Reply #9

Offline Bloodfrenzy

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 01:49:51 pm »
thanks for all the replies! Not really sure my myself, probably that I didn't really want to pug it and there haven't been many groups on the LFG since everyone is diving into BRF, buts its something I need to do. I think once I got a few pieces from BRF hc or even some from normal i'd see a decent dps increase, some of my items still have a lot of versatility or haste on them, which kinda sucks and I still have 640 shoulders and chest. I honestly don't mind tanking if needed, I only turned to dps like 1 or 2 days before the BRF release so I been tanking before that, I have tanked 7/7 hm hc, none of BRF yet though, but I don't think it would be that hard to learn if I studied up on some videos and started out in normal for some exp.

February 09, 2015, 03:06:41 pm
Reply #10

Offline Aretum

• Officer

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 03:06:41 pm »
Ah, fair play. Can't say I'd want to pug mythic.

Prod me or another officer for an invite.
"CAPTAIN! WE'RE SURROUNDED!"
"EXCELLENT, we can fire in any direction now"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:55:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

276 Guests, 0 Users