Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the ToT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Recruiting!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Quickzor

February 15, 2016, 12:15:28 pm
Read 7141 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Quickzor
« on: February 15, 2016, 12:15:28 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Warrior - Quickzor, alt Lockstarz
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Quickzor/advanced
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Paul, 34 from the UK, I live in Northern England, near Middlesbrough.  My accent is from Berkshire area though as that is where I originated from.  I work for Virgin Media as a Business Improvement Manager which can be demanding at times.

I have a little boy age 4 and he's my life, I guess what and why have I decided to apply here, firstly like the tone of the guild, seems like you like to have fun while progress at a steady rate, the 2 days fit me alot better as I was struggling to  really give 100% to a raid with my current demanding work commitments while doing 3 days raiding and trying to participate in guild activities and the social side.  I think 2 days will be much better for me,with work,play and my family life.

Ultimately I am looking for a home for my wariror for now, to build friendships and guild mates to be ready for legion raiding but one that balances my homelife, worklife and my social elements.

Class/Spec:

I so perfer to play Fury, then Arm's but do so when the encounter requires me to such as council and Tyrant, also Archi I played Arm's but keen to try out fury

I play fury as much as the RNG is a nightmare at times, but at times it can be like winning the lottery its fun to play espcially at the higher end gear wise, when you have more mastery when your crit levle is buffed 33%+

My gear level is around 740 in both Arms and Fury give or take 1 point.

I generally go for 33+ crit then go for mastery - my gear has the required level of crit so I have focused on mastery now as the benefits from my sims mastery hasnt started to push ahead slightly, not to mention including the damage of my executes and other abilities when enraged.

Mastery gemm'ed and enchanted also gives me the flexibility to play arms when I require as well.

Alts:

Lock - 100 - Kazzak
Druid - 90 - Kazzak
Pallie - 100 - Aszune

Professions:

Professions have been pretty much balanced out since WoD in advantages, but I was BS and JC for extra sockets and better gems.

Raiding Experience:

I have been playing for 9/10 years,

I have been in progresison hc guilds and been in alot of semi hardcore ones as well, as I seem to get older my commitment level has become less, so the days of my commitment of 5/6 days raiding have now gone, and even ability to raid ona 4 day week is also gone, and 3 days is challenge but 2 days with optional stuff aorund that would be ideal now for me, this doesnt mean my desire to success has changed, I still want to push as hard as good as I used to but need to condense the time I can offer so I can get the life / game /work balance just right.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Kazzak/Quickzor/

Experience

BT - Aszune - Been there done that -  server 2nd kill of illidan
IC - Aszune - Eluo - server first as a guild - missed the kill by 1 week as I was in spain

I then started to take a little change in my direction and reduced my raiding days to 3 and joined Origin on Aszune and continued to push to kill last boss of a expansion which in general achieved that but not driving towards server 1st or anything.

I joined Cerebral on Kazzak for SOO as I found myself that my role changed and had a bit more free time again to raid 4 days a week and killed end boss before any nerfing that took place.

I went back to Aszune and re-joined origin again as my pressure built up and needed to down size to 3 days from 4 days again, which was on a social/raiding guild to play as a team to complete vs team work and fun along the way.

I rejoined Kazzak recently as I was in need of a more active guild currently as social in Endless.

I have been a dps throughout apart form illidan where I was the MT for the progression.

Previous Guilds:

BTDT - left as they folded after 1.5 years in them
Eluo - new push guild was headhunted from some previous players of BTDT was in there for 2 years iirc
Origin - after 2 years found that I had more time to go and push on the new expansion and had a coupel of friends in Cerebral so changed server and guild
SOO - next expansion inc again, decided to take a bit of a back seat again, and rejoined Origin back with old friends, near end of progression of blackhand PC died, so had to take a step down from raider for 4 months, recruited another 2 warriors left us with 3 warriors in a 20 man raid so decided to change guild, to Better then life - they recently foldered due to Aszune doesnt have the people on the server to recruit ppl so I moved to Kazzak to find a new home.
Joined Endless - but dont have the commitment and headspace for 3 day raiding,2 days would be perfect.

Availability:

I sometimes travel work monday to Friday  but no issues with raid times.

Communication:

English speaking, TS 3   - have mic  not afraid to speak

Computer / Connection:

yeah I have a,
4.5 ghz i7 6700k
water cooled by a H55
16GB RAM
G-Force  GFX 980 Ti 6GB

Addons/UI:

Omen,
DBM,
Exorsus
Skada
Weak Aura's
Elv UI

Other Games:

I dont play many more, as I havent really had time to play others - I usedto play Medal of Honor at a europe ladder level back in the day when I was young.

Why Iron Edge?

Site tone shows exactly what type of raid i want - progressive and fun, commited.

2 days raiding suits me and my life

Your progression over 2 days is spot on as well.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

solid, reliable, open, team player with previous experience of raiding at multiply of levels.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wow Progress

Last Words?

Please contact me if you have any further questions :)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:41:17 pm by Rashkebab »

February 15, 2016, 01:39:08 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Warrior - Quickzor, alt Lockstarz
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 01:39:08 pm »
Very nice app, pretty much fully geared and experienced too!

Do you perhaps have some logs from recent raids we can take a look at?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 15, 2016, 02:40:04 pm
Reply #2

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Quickzor
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:40:04 pm »
Hi Rashkebab,

Thanks for your reply,

Please find recent logs,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/71824

Performance at times hasnt been optimal but that is due to some of my challenges of balancing life and 3days raiding, which I know I can sort out with a more condense raiding 2 day regime. 

Thanks

February 15, 2016, 05:54:53 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 05:54:53 pm »
Hey Quickzor,

Nice application, as a fellow father i get where your coming from, my question is ..... what are your thoughts on this transmog.

Good luck on the application!

Vejeta

You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

February 15, 2016, 06:06:19 pm
Reply #4

Offline Lycanus

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 06:06:19 pm »
ant man or atom?
*You guys are taking this way to seriously!*

February 15, 2016, 06:36:45 pm
Reply #5

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 06:36:45 pm »
Hey Quickzor,

Nice application, as a fellow father i get where your coming from, my question is ..... what are your thoughts on this transmog.

Good luck on the application!

Vejeta

Your transmog is tidy,I would say more Ant Man as Lycanus says, but honestly if I was you I would get those eyebrows trimmed back slightly they must cause you all sorts of bother in the midst of battle

February 15, 2016, 06:41:43 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 06:41:43 pm »
Thats not my tmog and you answered the question very badly, let's hope this lapse in judgement isnt a risk to your application lol
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:30:53 pm by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

February 15, 2016, 06:55:15 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 06:55:15 pm »
Don't let the trolls get you down, Quickzor! As he said, he has a small penis.

Let's go see what our melee officer has to say about your app!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:57:08 pm by Rashkebab »
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 15, 2016, 07:09:53 pm
Reply #8

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 07:09:53 pm »
Hey Quickzor,

ignore the silly paladin. Our internal consensus decided that this transmog is acceptable.
Otherwise, great app! Everything relevant inside, experience and gear look more than just good. I'd really like to give you a trial.

You can poke me or an officer ingame for an invite!

February 15, 2016, 07:33:15 pm
Reply #9

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 07:33:15 pm »
Hey Quickzor,

ignore the silly paladin. Our internal consensus decided that this transmog is acceptable.
Otherwise, great app! Everything relevant inside, experience and gear look more than just good. I'd really like to give you a trial.

You can poke me or an officer ingame for an invite!

Silly paladin, funny coming from a bladestorm keybound warrior, the tmog isn't deemed acceptable just better than the guilty party has been donning recently.

My reply was banter you bunch of trolls and as for you rash, how low can you get to make things up bout a mans penis, you shall be victim to its thirst in june!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:23:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

443 Guests, 0 Users