Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Death Knights

April 03, 2008, 10:23:58 am
Reply #15

Offline Myogoblin

• Guild Member

• LOLEXECUTE!

Re: Death Knights
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 10:23:58 am »
(From a raiding guild officer pov)
& based on the BE Paladin succes(ha ha).....

Problem i see with this new class AND new combat system...

=
it will all be rerollers, 98% will be unstable disgruntel angry mofo's toddlers who resort to this class as a last resort ingame/inlife/inwhatever.
Then when they all rerolled and have all these amazing abilities(no doubt it will be very cool) , they are gonna get nerfed and nerfed into the ground simply because its hard to balance anything allready, let alone a new combat system, leading to more whines and QQ.

Cant wait..

Don't forget Cwave there is a very good chance they are ONLY human. Since its a wotlk rebel faction or something so prepare for some horric rerolling imba paladin 12 year olds!

Although, form what Kawe said they could be quite interesting pvp with a rune system like that and I can't think of anything in the past thats used it.

April 03, 2008, 10:24:59 am
Reply #16

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 10:24:59 am »
I resent that!
Ipal is a cute be-paladin!
She is neither angry or unstable.

But sweet and a good dancer!

And stop all this death knight crap.

FOR PANDARIAAAAAAAA!!!!

(From a raiding guild officer pov)
& based on the BE Paladin succes(ha ha).....

Problem i see with this new class AND new combat system...

=
it will all be rerollers, 98% will be unstable disgruntel angry mofo's toddlers who resort to this class as a last resort ingame/inlife/inwhatever.
Then when they all rerolled and have all these amazing abilities(no doubt it will be very cool) , they are gonna get nerfed and nerfed into the ground simply because its hard to balance anything allready, let alone a new combat system, leading to more whines and QQ.

Cant wait..

Bears like alts!

April 03, 2008, 11:12:37 am
Reply #17

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 11:12:37 am »
cwave marry me and lets become warlocks.

April 03, 2008, 11:19:25 am
Reply #18

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 11:19:25 am »
All the emo kids rolled trolls.

True story.
Trolls are awesome!

April 03, 2008, 03:32:27 pm
Reply #19

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 03:32:27 pm »
Ya be spikin truth mon!

April 05, 2008, 10:10:58 am
Reply #20

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 10:10:58 am »
they are gonna get nerfed and nerfed into the ground simply because its hard to balance anything allready, let alone a new combat system, leading to more whines and QQ

Come on. It's not really possible to have a higher nerf:patch ratio than what I've got used to since release :)

But while it's going to be a lot of rerollers, that means a lot of other things too that should balance it out given Wotlk release date is looking further and further away (and given WAR's later release date), a lot of the people who are rerolling at wotlk because of "OMG MY CLASS SUX HAET U BLIZZ btw still buying expansion tho", rather than because they get horny over the vast theorycrafting possibilities are going to not be around in the game *that* long anyway, and I doubt we'd have to deal with too many applying for raider positions.

I mean, you're going to have a bunch of sorts of rerollers.
- "MY CLASS SUX"
- "I R WILL BE IMBA AND PWN ALL WITH HEERU CLARS"
- "AM DARK AN EMO AN MYSTIC"
- "AM SPRETHITOTH"
And these, I should hope, would be fairly easy to identify :')

Re. BE paladins, our first Paladin CL Inphyy was actually really good, stable, so on... but give him some credit, he kind of needed to sort RL out at the point he got kicked out of his home. Ino is still with us all the way from TBC beginning. Jaca seems pretty stable to me and I haven't known Baw long enough to pass judgement there yet. It's not as doomy as it seems!

Also, I kind of reckon with DKs having a bit more complex playsystem, there's a decent possibility those used to one button grinding and those who ask at level 70 things like, "HOW U GET DFENSIEV STAENC? WUT R TRAENR AND HAO I FIND/??1 2G PLIX" might not stick to the class for long.

I'd kind of hope blizzard has learned from before though, and err on the side of having Wotlk release DKs a little underpowered or weak. Might sound odd, but if you think that it would deter many of the players who only want to play LOL GOD MODE 2 PWN NOOBS, and it's also then easier for blizz to stick to that thing they said about preferring to buff than to nerf, as it's easy and justifiable to buff a sub-par class to a more balanced state and keep players happy than to nerf an op class where the op class players hate the nerfs and all the other players hate them anyway for being so op in the first place :')

Ah, crap, I text walled.

tl;dr - Don't worry too much about the rerollers this time, I have a hunch it should be pretty easy to cope with.

April 05, 2008, 11:56:06 am
Reply #21

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 11:56:06 am »
To share my pov as a casual.

Without raiding the only way to keep interested in wow is really to reroll.
If your life does not fit with a raiding schedule and you still enjoy wow and the social aspects of the game, you have to find another way to enjoy it.
I have gone rogue, druid, paladin and priest.

Rogue was really a mistake now that I have tried other classes it was just pure bad luck that I chose a class that didnt really fit me.

But when you have farmed the available content(without raiding) there is for me 2 options stop playing or try the content from another point of view.
Rerolling to a paladin seemed like a logical choice paladins are really useful and the sooner the better we had a balanced amount of paladins on hordeside the better imo.
I have now tried tanking all the "casual" content healed it all and dps'ed it all. This means that I am actually getting really bored with the game and is only really enjoying arenas now and looking forward to wotlk.

I have no plan to roll a death knight in wotlk. I like both paladin druid and priest, and with the new content coming there should be lots of fun to be had with those classes.

I can see the problem with rerolling among raiders but as a "non-raider" I really dont see a way around it(if you still like to play a lot).

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:01:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

325 Guests, 1 User
Devoid