Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Wryzeth - Death Knight application.

March 29, 2009, 05:22:22 am
Read 11841 times

Offline Yathezai

• Former Member

Wryzeth - Death Knight application.
« on: March 29, 2009, 05:22:22 am »
Hello Iron Edge!

Before you start reading; I've designed my own template, if you don't mind. Everything that is required in the application is present, however. Even colors!

Personal information:

Offline I'm also known as Robert Lintsen, a 17 year old (single) male (21-10-1991) from the Netherlands. Right now I'm still following the secondary education on our local school. At the moment I'm in the last months of the last year of my grammar school, with both Greek and Latin. The results so far are promising, I have no reason to be worried. Out of school my interests range from playing football (tennis and judo in the past) to having fun with friends or my three (!) younger brothers, of which the two oldest also play WoW on Dunemaul (respectively Ragoon and Rordarok). And of course, WoW.  ;)  I'm a down-to-earth person, another keyword that I see fit is realistic. On WoW, you'll find me someone with great dedication, someone that reads every single word in /g, with quite a lot of patience (only horrible pugs can give it a shot  :-\) and a good sense of humor. I'm serious when I need to be (like when making an application!) but once there's time for some fun, count me in.  :D Feel free to judge my English yourself, it's not my mother tongue.  ;) In my opinion it's pretty good, good enough to understand everything said during raids. I might even study English, but for the moment, I haven't made a decision yet.

Character information

My main character is Wryzeth (eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Wryzeth), created on the day of Wrath of the Lich King, at 2 AM local time. Long queue, you know.  :( My level 80 ding was 16 days later, on 29 november. Wryzeth has 22 days /played under his belt. If you wanna know why it took me so long, keep on reading! You'll find out soon enough. ;)

Gear

You'll usually find me in tanking gear on the armory, so for an up-to-date gearcheck, check the Armory!

In case the Armory is down, here's a list of my current tanking gear:

Head: [wowitem]Valorous Scourgeborne Faceguard[/wowitem] 37 Stamina, 20 Defense rating (32 Stamina, 2% Armor meta)
Neck: [wowitem]Heritage[/wowitem]
Shoulders: [wowitem]Pauldrons of Unnatural Death[/wowitem] 52 Dodge rating, 15 Defense rating (Inscription-only)
Back: [wowitem]Platinum Mesh Cloak[/wowitem] 16 Defense rating
Chest: [wowitem]Valorous Scourgeborne Chestguard[/wowitem] 22 Defense rating
Wrists: [wowitem]Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets[/wowitem] 40 Stamina
Gloves: [wowitem]Valorous Scourgeborne Handguards[/wowitem] 18 Stamina
Waist: [wowitem]Ablative Chitin Girdle[/wowitem] *Eternal Belt Buckle*
Legs: [wowitem]Dragon Brood Legguards[/wowitem] 55 Stamina, 22 Agility
Feet: [wowitem]Kyzoc's Ground Stompers[/wowitem] 22 Stamina
Finger: [wowitem]Signet of the Accord[/wowitem] 24 Stamina (Enchanter-only)
Finger: [wowitem]Signet of the Impregnable Fortress[/wowitem] 24 Stamina (Enchanter-only)
Trinket: [wowitem]Essence of Gossamer[/wowitem]
Trinket: [wowitem]Valor Medal of the First War[/wowitem]
Weapon: [wowitem]Betrayer of Humanity[/wowitem] Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle
Sigil: [wowitem]Sigil of Awareness[/wowitem]

For other situations, I also bring;

Sigil: [wowitem]Sigil of the Unfaltering Knight[/wowitem]

This brings me to; (unbuffed, so excluding selfbuffs)

31780 health and 28619 armor.
6.24% chance to be missed, 25.39% chance to dodge, 18.63% chance to parry. That adds up to 50,26% avoidance. In combat (until 3.1), add another 10% chance to parry.
My offense tanking stats are 7.32% extra chance to hit, and 5% extra chance to avoid parries and dodges.

Blue sockets are filled with [wowitem]Solid Sky Sapphire[/wowitem]. Red sockets are filled with [wowitem]Regal Twilight Opal[/wowitem] or [wowitem]Guardian's Twilight Opal[/wowitem] in case I need the expertise from another source. Currently, there are no yellow sockets on my gear (yay)!

If I need to make some changes on my gear, "it will be done" (Warcraft, anyone?).

My DPS gear is 'meh'. A wide range of Emblem of Heroism items, PvP items, and a some heroic drops, both epic and blue. But also my beloved Betrayer, Ring of the Kirin Tor, and other items that I was able to get outside raids, since there was always a main-spec needing 'm. It all adds up to (unbuffed, current tank spec):

2843 Attack Power, 20,91% chance to Crit, 5% expertise and 8,97% extra chance to hit. Of course, this will take quite a big jump forward when I am DPS-specced.

If you'd like to see my DPS gear as well, please say so, or contact me in game. I'm quite ashamed of it really, working my ass off the last few days to get it into shape!

Another thing to add is that I have a full Frost Resistance set ready for Ulduar (or Sapphiron when DPSing).

Glyphs

As a tank, I'm using the [wowitem]Glyph of Scourge Strike[/wowitem], [wowitem]Glyph of Death and Decay[/wowitem] and the [wowitem]Glyph of Icy Touch[/wowitem] glyphs at the moment. I've tried most of them, and so far these are my favorites.

When I'm DPSing, I usually switch out Glyph of Icy Touch with the [wowitem]Glyph of the Ghoul[/wowitem] glyph. Mainly because trash is something you spend quite a lot of time on during a raid, I like to keep my Death and Decay glyph intact.

As for minor glyphs, I love the [wowitem]Glyph of Pestilence[/wowitem], [wowitem]Glyph of Raise Dead[/wowitem] and the [wowitem]Glyph of Horn of Winter[/wowitem] glyphs.

Talents

So far, I've pretty much always been Unholy. Did a few 'Shadowfrost' respecs for Arena, but I would be lying if I said that I have got any tanking experience outside Unholy. That doesn't mean I know the theory, rotations and gameplay behind it, though!  :D

Right now my spec (www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0xzZhxbzZfghu0ckgcoMcsut) is something I've tried out for the past few raids, and I like it so far. I'm always open for other thoughts though, and I'm always working on a spec that is just perfect for me. For example Desecration, Outbreak, Magic Suppresion and AMZ are talents that are also lovely, so I might change my spec again to drop the 'DPS' talents (like Gargoyle, Ghoul) to pick up some other tank talents. It was fun (and sad) to top damage meters.  :D Can't wait till Dual-spec!

Since there are still a lot of changes being made on the PTR, this 3.1 spec is far from final. This is what I'm thinking about right now: ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=j0vMZhxZfghc00ugcMMcsux Since diseases will now last longer, Epidemic could be replased by Ravenous Dead. But as I said, nothing is final here, we'll see what the dudes at EJ say about it.

DPS talents

I've never specced pure DPS, my tanking has always been needed so far. But since the changes from Unholy tank to Unholy DPS are so minimal, I have no fear that I will be able to pump out some great damage.

www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMVZZfMhIockgcoMfsut
ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMVZZfMhI0bugcRMcsut

Once again, I might change my mind tomorrow. Always open for constructive critism, always looking for evidence.  :)

Professions

On Wryzeth I currently have Enchanting and Inscription. Enchanting is sitting at 448/450, Inscription on 446/450. They're mostly used for self-supply and for the profession's benefits, like the shoulder enchant and the Stamina/AP enchants for rings.

I have done quite some Inscription researching, which gave me quite a few player-learned Glyphs. After a while I kinda quit doing it, since I got the DK glyphs that I was looking for... :D

Same story with Enchanting, I've bought all tanking enchants bought with Dream Shards, a few others as well. The others will come in the long run, unless the guild could use another Enchanter with everything up-to-date.

My Cooking is at 436 now, with Fishing just below 300. Cooking is mostly for self-supply. More about that at the Consumables section. Fishing is mostly for Achievements, and perhaps to make some money if I feel like it. First aid is maxed.

Consumables

My favorite consumables for tanking is the combo of [wowitem]Guru's Elixir[/wowitem] + [wowitem]Elixir of Protection[/wowitem]. Other Guardian Elixirs that I will bring in case; [wowitem]Elixir of Mighty Fortitude[/wowitem] and [wowitem]Elixir of Mighty Defense[/wowitem].

As food I am used to [wowitem]Rhinolicious Wyrmsteak[/wowitem], since that will bring me almost to the Expertise soft-cap.

When wiping is at hand, [wowitem]Flask of Stoneblood[/wowitem] will do its job just fine.

And in case they are needed; [wowitem]Runic Healing Potion[/wowitem] and [wowitem]Indestructible Potion[/wowitem]. Same goes for [wowitem]Heavy Frostweave Banadage[/wowitem].

Gaming History and Alts

All this talking about one character, let us go back in time!

Pre-WoW

Before World of Warcraft, I used to play the typical 'kid' games, starting with games like PacMan, the 'Bartender-catches-beer'-game (aww, why can't I remember the name!), well you get the idea. From then on, games like Rollercoaster Tygoon, Zoo Tycoon, Age of Empires/Mythology and their expansions kept me busy. When I left my primary school and began my secondary education, Habbo Hotel was 'the' game. After about 1,5 year, a new hype was found; RuneScape. It is my only MMO before WoW, where I learned quite a big deal about people in an online environment. I also learned how it is to do boring things in order to achieve something. If you've played it; I really was a "skiller". No PvP, no fancy items; skills, skills, skills (and some quests). Then again, you were basicly doing everything solo. After all of my friends quit the game and started playing WoW or shooters, I kept on going for a bit, but it wasn't really all that fun anymore. So, with a few friends of mine already leveling, we started playing WoW together. After a few months with a character on one of their accounts, I finally got my own account. We're in 2006 now, first of January.

Classic

My first character, and main for a very long time was my Orc Warrior, also known as Thiaril. With him I slowly leveled my way up, usually together with friends, back when tanking Scarlet Monastery was beyond awesome. So, on one of my brother's birthday, 24 of July 2006, I dinged 60 in Silithus, after a few weeks with an Arms spec; I used Mortal Strike around 5 times in total I guess. With some tanking experience under the belt and my friends with me, we created our own raiding guild, with me as guild leader; "The Dark Fellowship". Since recruiting was new to me, a quick /who 60; sort to unguilded; /ginvite macro filled the guild up fast enough.  :'( When we were finally ready to raid, we did some ZG (3 bosses) and when AQ was introduced, we managed to kill Kurinaxx. Everything organised on my own, from DKP (pen and paper!), a website and a TeamSpeak server at the age of 14. I learned a great deal about raid-leading in those days, and what it means to have people with an attitude around, haha.  :D In those days, I also finally got myself into min-maxing and became a pretty good tank after a while. After a few months of raiding with my own guild, I had a conversation with Moya, who was in Terra Nova back then. They were having attendance problems, and since Molten Core and Onyxia was the heaven on earth, we decided to merge. All active raiders joined Terra Nova, where some of us got our first 40-men raid-experiences, like Onyxia. But after a very short time, around 2 weeks, Terra Nova disbanded and I had to find a new guild. If my memory serves me well, that was the moment I joined Bonehunters. A real-life friend of mine got me in, and after some gathering of Fire Resistance gear I finally got the chance to prove myself in Molten Core! After a few raids Moorg (who was the guildleader and MT) allowed me to offtank and even maintank (!) trash at some point and on top of that, offtank on bosses! Right now I was probably around 15 years old. Since I often talked and assisted with the raid on Ventrilo, I was made assistant-RL and called out names on Baron Geddon and had similar tasks. But after we cleared Molten Core, Bonehunters wanted to go more hardcore and I didn't get the permission to raid as much as they wanted. Since I wasn't allowed to do some hardcore raiding, I did some PvP and managed to make it to Stone Guard, before TBC hit and removed the ranking system.

The Burning Crusade

During the early days in TBC, I slowly leveled my way up, now a bit more prepared than my initial leveling period. Still, it took me almost 2 months to ding 70. Since most players in Bonehunters leveled faster than me, there was no raid spot left for me. I didn't want to wait till they cleared the place, so I could farm some loot without any contribution myself. The raiding rules in Bonehunters became tighter and tighter, so without being able to raid I decided that some other guild might be a better idea. After leaving the guild, I joined a small raiding guild that was about to start Karazhan. Sadly, I can't remember the name, since it disbanded when I was on vacation, three weeks after I joined. In those three weeks, I raid-leaded and MT'd, since I basicly was the only one prepared.

So, when I came back from my vacation, and school started, another real-life friend talked me into Red Sun Rising. After proving myself the first raid, I became the usual OT, since my gear wasn't ready for MTing yet. I slowly geared up, and after one of our most active tanks backstabbed us and left without saying a word, we were left with me and a few other tanks. From now on, I was the MT in RSR. From then on, we managed to kill everything from Shade till Prince and Nightbane, with me as MT. Since we had quite a lot of members, we formed two groups to clear Karazhan, which we did for a very long time, at least half a year, before we focussed on 25 mens. In the meanwhile, after around 3 months of raiding, I was made the Warrior classleader, followed by Officer after another 4, 5 months. Together with Victo (Laceana) and Morkraw, we raid-leaded RSR through Gruul's Lair, followed by Magtheridon, Serpentshrine Cavern (4/6) and Tempest Keep (3/4). All main-tanked by me, on my Warrior. Since our progress finally attracted some members, and we got a few well-geared tanks, I leveled my Blood Elf Priest, Yathezaï, to 70. After gearing her up, while continueing to MT the first two bosses in Mount Hyjal, we lacked healers so I switched mains. Until Wrath of the Lich King, we didn't manage to clear any further than 2/5 Mount Hyjal. In those months, I healed or tanked, whatever was needed (including Zul'Aman), until our official raidbreak, that would last until Wrath started. A lot of members left (and came back for WotLK) and I again kept myself entertained, in RSR. This time, Achievements were coming, so I respecced Arms and slaughtered thousands of whelps for minipets, farmed ten-thousands of golds's worth of Enchanting and Inscription mats, reputation items, gear and flying mounts in preperation for my upcoming Undead Death Knight; Wryzeth.

Wrath of the Lich King

Wrath of the Lich King was installed at 2:04 AM on a thursday morning. Waiting on it for weeks, I kept on playing without sleep quite a while, and managed to complete a lot of (pre-)farmed Achievements, like The Diplomat (they would be grey, I had no choice!) and similar Achievements. So, after dinging 80 in around 16 days, I started preparing for raiding. About 12 people leveled faster than me and started the first bunch of Naxxramas (10) raids. I volunteered to prioritize the guilds sake above me and spent the first three weeks sitting out, before I finally got a spot, and slowly geared up and got my first raiding experience on my Death Knight. Since I never forgot how to tank, and was very much prepared for Death Knights, my first (and later, of course  ;)) raids as tank were quite a success. So I once again re-earned my MT status, but since I could DPS quite a lot easier as our Prot Paladin tank, I often DPS's on bosses that required one tank. I've still MT'd every boss in Naxxramas, though, both on 10 and 25 men.

Right now we're approaching 'the present' again. This will be continued further down.  ;)

Interests in-game

From the start of my WoW-career, raiding has always interested and entertained me. Playing with a wide variety of people, reaching a common goal while having fun in a community is the best thing you could ask for in a game. I'm a dedicated person, and have always given 100% when it comes to performing. The only times when I didn't raid were out of my control, or for the sake of the guild.

Outside raiding, I love to do Achievements (eu.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Wryzeth). My current long term project includes Loremaster and the included bonuses, like Explorer, R&D Achievements, 50 mounts and 25 tabards achievements. Even though I love working on them, they have never stopped me from being 100% ready for raids first.

I also enjoy the odd battleground or arena, but I haven't played with succesful teams yet. Mostly teams with guildies, that are running around in <200 Resilience, that can't be arsed to gear up first.  ;) When I have extra spare time around, I also like doing an en-masse heroic farm with guildies or friends and have some fun on Ventrilo and chat.

Alts are history for me. I always feel guilty about spending 'useless' time on my alts when I could get achievements, gear or consumables or my main. Since 13 November, I spent a few hours on my banker, but that's all.

You're getting to know me quite well already, let's move on!

*Character limit, see next post please!*

Edit; fixed links.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:41:09 am by Wryzeth »

March 29, 2009, 05:28:42 am
Reply #1

Offline Yathezai

• Former Member

Re: Wryzeth - Death Knight application.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:28:42 am »
*Application continued*

Experience

My experience equals the progress of the guilds I have been in. I've always sticked around and this loyalness earned me a lot of respect from fellow players, friends and guildies. It comes with a price though. I never doubted my own skill, but it doesn't change the fact that I missed content where I was ready for.

A breakdown of what I earlier said under my history;

Classic

[3/9] Zul'Gurub, as Main Tank on my Warrior.
[1/6] Ahn'Qiraj, as Main Tank on my Warrior.
[8/9] Molten Core, as Offtank and partly MT on my Warrior.
[1/1] Onyxia's Lair, as Whelp tank.

This includes raid-leader experience.

The Burning Crusade

[11/11] Karazhan, as Main Tank and Healer. (few odd raids as DPS)
[2/2] Gruul's Lair, as Main Tank and Healer. (few odd raids as DPS)
[1/1] Magtheridon's Lair, as Main Tank and Healer.
[6/6] Zul'Aman, as Main Tank and Healer. (includes 2 chests)
[3/4] Tempest Keep, as Main Tank and Healer.
[4/6] Serpenshrine Cavern, as Main Tank and Healer.
[2/5] Mount Hyjal, as Main Tank and Healer.

This includes raid-leader experience, class-leader experience and officer-experience. I've always explained tactics and even created the tactics for Zul'Aman myself, since we were looking for a challenge for our best raiders back then. Nothing better than manually scrolling through WWS parses looking for the reason why Nalorakk had so much burst, only to find out that it shared between two targets because a rogue screwed up once and attacked from the front, and got oneshot by the cleave. The other tank got half damage though...tada!  :D

Wrath of the Lich King

[15/15] Naxxramas (10 + 25) as Main Tank and 'DPS'.
[1/1] Sartharion (10 + 25) as Main Tank. Including 1 drake alive on both normal and heroic.
[1/1] Vault of Archavon (10 + 25) as...wait wat.  :'(
[0/1] Malygos (10 + 25) only tried for one hour on heroic, two nights on normal. Missed our only kill on normal. Personally, I did upto phase 3.

Includes everything of the above. Did those instances as officer, raid-leader, main-tank. I've also been doing quite a lot work as 'mentor', teaching less fortunate gifted players to DPS, tank, and even heal.

Skills

Personally, I think I'm a good tank, and a good DPSer, but I've also heard a lot of comparative and superlative degrees of that, so I hope I will get the chance to have you judge me yourself!

Since skill is so hard to prove on paper, I've decided to shoot a short movie with Fraps, it's about 2 minutes and 15 seconds long. I'm basicly doing my tank rotation there on a single target. Raid situations change it though; Rune Strikes, Blessing of Sanctuary all add certain random factors. I've only recorded one shot, this is the first try, take my word for it.

[/youtube]

Activity

Right now I'm raiding 3 times a week in RSR. These are 3 hour raids that end at 11 PM, so this would be quite a jump up. That means my parents gave me the green light to;

- Raid two times a week from 7:30 PM - 0:00 AM.
- Possibly three if the raid will not last for the full duration (or if I could leave earlier...but I hate leaving earlier. It makes me RAGE.  :'()

On Monday I currently have football training, and is a very busy day in general (gotta take care of food etc). That means, no raiding on Monday.  :(

I can raid every other day of the week, usually. But since that's not really helping me here, if I could choose I'd prefer the Tuesday and Wednesday.

How this will change my chances of success will probably be elaborated. If the A-team is not an option (in a few small chats I've had, I got that impression, but who knows!) consider this an apply to the B-raid. In any case, my attendance will be around 50% (until I leave the house... ;)). Then again, it's up to you, so right now I'll continue my application like you've never read this part, and wait out the first responses (I get responses?!  ???).  :)

Preparation

Well, as I've said earlier, I have stacks of consumables, and I'm not afraid to use them!  :D That also means that my gear is always top-notch enchanted and gemmed. (www.wow-heroes.com) (be.imba.hu)

Preparation on the Internet

A very literal translation of a Dutch saying; a good preparation is half the work. Now I don't know if there's a similar expression in English, but that doesn't matter, it's true!

My daily (more like every hour) website spree include;

New posts at Worldofraids.com (though they are usually later than MMO-Champion).

I also try to keep myself updated with Realm news, including official forums and Dunemaul.org, and on the odd day I might read through some guild forums.

Community and Forums

...You know, some people say I have no life. Some people say I'm a spammer. The truth is, I am very active on forums. In 2 years I've posted around 3000 times on the RSR forums, of which 80% are serious posts. That includes officer forums of course, but also off-topic threads, class-threads or any other forum really.  :D

Raid hard- and software

Computer

Right now we have two computers; I’m usually playing on the “bad” one. But bad is relative and so far I’ve no problems at any given moment with its performance. 2GB of DDR2, ~500 GB harddrive, dual-core and a GeForce 7300 videocard.

If this computer can’t handle or has problems during raids, I can switch to the “monster” computer. Quad-core, 4GB of RAM, a very sexy videocard. Runs at the highest settings, 60 FPS in Dalaran. So computers aren’t a problem.

Internet and connection

My connection has so far been very stable. In Wrath of the Lich King I’ve disconnected twice on one night in Naxxramas 25, but so did about 10 guildies at that moment. Since Blizzard fixed Naxx, I have yet to disconnect.

Ventrilo

I have all Ventrilo versions installed and running. Combined with a Logitech headset which has never let me down yet, I will hear everything that’s said over Ventrilo. I’m also able to talk (ya’rly!) and am not afraid of doing so. Push-to-talk is always up and running. Caution required; I have the bad tendency to sometimes not bend the microphone away from my mouth. It hasn’t happened in a few weeks, but if “you’re breathing in the mic, dammit” occurs, feel free to slap me silly!

AddOns

I only use a few AddOns. I will get any necessary raid AddOns that you require me to get. As of now, it includes:

Deadly Boss Mods.
Recount (for evaluation, though I like topping meters!).
Titan Panel.
Questhelper when I’m working on Loremaster.

I haven’t bothered to install Omen yet, since it feels like casting Pyroblast on a mob with 1k health left. Not gonna help you achieve anything extra, and it might even distract you from doing it perfect. But then again, I could install it if it’s required, just give me a heads up!

Well, we’re almost there.

Reasons for leaving current guild

After two years of Red Sun Rising, I’m looking for ‘the higher level’ in raiding. Even though there are some great players in RSR, and not to forget, very friendly and social guildies and friends of mine, we are raid-wise not stable enough to get the occasional progress you need to keep a guild fresh. The guild is relying too much on the hardcore raiders and the officer team. Quite a large group is not pulling their weight in raids. The officer team was and is working hard to keep RSR alive, but after two years and a lot of dedication, investments and complete loyalness I’ve given my colleague officers a heads up that I will be applying to you, Iron Edge. After two years, I want to leave in honesty and with respect, so I warned them in time. I never expected a difference response from friends, but they were grateful for everything I’ve done for the guild and for my tanking capabilities and as a member and friend. So, no hard feelings from either side.

Why Iron Edge?

I remember Iron Edge from my old days, always looking up to those that had epics (wow!) and epic mounts (WOW!).  After 3,5 years, I have yet to find a rude Iron Edge member (or am I not trying hard enough!?) and the guild as a whole has a very good reputation on the server. If I whisper any of you, I will get a friendly, polite and honest response. That’s something I value a lot.

On the raiding side, your achievements are also impressive. A guild that is serious with raiding, but up for a good laugh whenever the situation allows it, is just what I’m looking for. The community is large, the forum is active from what I can see, a professional guild with a serious goal, but room for fun and people that add to the community.

Sponsors

Well, some of you might know me, I really wouldn’t dare to guess. I’ve done heroics with some of you and I might’ve talked to some. I do recognize some people that have been in the same guild as me, but if they remember me; that’s a different story, especially since I rerolled my Death Knight. From what I can see and hear, Iron Edge is a great guild with a great community and I would like to be a part of that. We will get each other to learn soon enough!

Conclusion: why me?

To start of with two quotes:

I’ve asked Morkraw (guildleader of RSR and a good friend) if he could possibly give me a quote, as he knows me for quite a long time now. He said:

”Tell them this; I’m not gonna help you to get into Iron Edge by any means, since that would mean I would lose one of our best raiders and friends. Send Delling my regards.”

I’m flattered.

To quote Mairnai, another officer: (sadly I haven’t had the chance to ask him for permission yet, but I’m sure it will be fine!)

”Thia, you have given so much to the guild in both time and skill, as a raiding group it would hurt us to lose you.

In light of everything you've given us I say that you should be completely free to do whatever you want not what others in RSR might pressure you to do. Your both a good player and an awesome guy, it's hard not to like you.

Whatever your decision may be you will be welcomed in this guild still if I have any say in the matter.”

What I can offer to Iron Edge is a similar-minded player with a hardcore attitude towards raiding but a social, ‘casual’ attitude outside raids. Someone that can add another personality to the community, who is involved with the guild and its members. My tanking skills have yet to let me down on any of the content I’ve faced and I would love to join a guild with members on the same skill-level, so that we can raid together on content made for our level.

Thanks for reading my application!

Greetings, Wryzeth.

Edit; fixed links.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:40:38 am by Wryzeth »

March 29, 2009, 05:33:46 am
Reply #2

Offline Galtez

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:33:46 am »
omg.... wall of text... my eyes bleeeeeed  :-[

but gl though
Failure is not an option, its the path to decay

March 29, 2009, 05:45:52 am
Reply #3

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 05:45:52 am »
How long did this take you to write?!

Awesome application, I'll read it all tomorrow during breakfast..possibly over dinner too!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

March 29, 2009, 05:56:20 am
Reply #4

Offline Rii

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 05:56:20 am »
Very very sexy app  :P good luck!

March 29, 2009, 06:08:06 am
Reply #5

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:08:06 am »
That was the most amazing app i ever seen. Even a friekin dps vid (looked kinda low
dps ,WERE ARE THE NUMBERS!) but then again i dont play a dk. There is also one more
"problem?" , mondays.. that is our current raid day :-\

Still. Amazing app , best of luck!!!!!

Edit : Betrayer of Humanity,  nice.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:10:35 am by kagemoth »
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

March 29, 2009, 06:29:42 am
Reply #6

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:29:42 am »
I think I remember your warrior back in Vanilla WoW actually. Also remember making fun of "Terrible Nova" for some reason, no offence though :P

Very nice application, I like your style, you definitely put work into whatever you do and that's what it's all about :)

Awesome with the video there, but nobody except an experienced DK can use it, since  we can't tell how much TPS you're doing, we can only look at what you're using your GCD's on. And be warned, you'll have to pump out some massive TPS in this guild :D

Overall one of the best applications I've ever seen, some slightly irrelevant information I would think.

Good luck with your application and I hope you get a trial :)

- Decayus
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

March 29, 2009, 07:49:25 am
Reply #7

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 07:49:25 am »
Thank god you aren't a mage!

*runs from text-wall*
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

March 29, 2009, 11:54:15 am
Reply #8

Offline Shiftey

• Guild Member

• My Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 11:54:15 am »
Longest apply ever? I dont even have to read it all to say it's awesome :D
Good luck Mickah in reading that :)

And good luck with your application Wryzeth

March 29, 2009, 12:01:34 pm
Reply #9

Offline Gidra

• Guild Member

• Do not disturb.

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 12:01:34 pm »
Colorful post, will give it more time (and read fully) after I come back home later. Looks like nice tanking gear, after all.

Hope some DK officer will respond soon.

GL with application

PS. Shitey change your signature as Daekesh's and mine. :)

March 29, 2009, 12:10:21 pm
Reply #10

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 12:10:21 pm »
I actually sat down and read through it all, and I must agree that this is probably the best application I've read since... Errr, ever? Or at least as long as I can remember.

Your raiding days will be a problem I'm sure, as Monday is the main raidday for the B-raid, but come Ulduar the A-raid (or the million 10 mans there will be?) might be able to use you? I've no idea though, I'm just a fat casual these days :P

Anyway, you sound like a seriously dedicated and sound guy, so good luck getting into IE. From your application I can only say you've got my support so far.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

March 29, 2009, 12:53:09 pm
Reply #11

Offline kagir

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 12:53:09 pm »
Hope some DK officer will respond soon.

He quitted

March 29, 2009, 01:02:07 pm
Reply #12

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 01:02:07 pm »
Very good application. Shame about the class.

Good luck.

March 29, 2009, 01:05:20 pm
Reply #13

Eyehole

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 01:05:20 pm »
Delling is in charge with that i guess

nice application, Gl!

March 29, 2009, 01:31:01 pm
Reply #14

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 01:31:01 pm »
Dear jesus, someone tell me he's an A-raid applicant please..

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:39:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

81 Guests, 0 Users