Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Priest Application B - Team

August 28, 2010, 12:23:05 pm
Read 17198 times

Offline Xaero

• Guild Member

Priest Application B - Team
« on: August 28, 2010, 12:23:05 pm »
Hello Iron Edge!

PERSONAL INFO

Hi, my name is Christian I´m 25 years old and living in Vienna / Austria.
After finishing school I was working 1 year for the Red Cross where I have made and seen everything starting at saving lives to giving birth to children.
Then I started studying Law at the University of Vienna for about 1-2 years, after that I changed to English and american studies and Math.
Last semester I started Astronomy, let´s see what I´ll take this year ... =p

CHARACTER INFO

This here is my Priest I Want to apply to you: Xaero
Armory Link :  http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Xaero
UI Screenshot :  

I always raided as shadow and I have disc as offspec which I PvP a lot with
This char was created on the 1st day WoW came out, so you can see I have been playing quite some time already.
My professions are : Enchanting 450/450 & Tailoring 450/450
I OFC have only the best enchants and gems on my gear at all time, may it be main/off or PvP spec

ADDONS I USE

Cursor, Atlas Loot, AVR, Bagnon, Bonus Scanner United, Cartographer, Chatter, Cowtip, Decursive, Dominos, Gearscore, Gladius, Grid, KG Panels, Link Wrangler, Need to Know, Omen 3, Power Auras Classic, Quarz, Recount, Satrina buff Frames, Sexy Map, Shadow Green Light, Speedy Actions, Sunn - Viewport Art, DBM

Total time played: 430 days on all my chars

ATTUNEMENTS AND ALTS

I have been and cleared almost every raid there is in wow:
MC / BWL / ony / AQ 20/40 / ZA / ZG / kara / gruul / maggy / TK / BT / sar / maly / naxx / ulduar / ToC - ToGC / ICC
think that´s all might have missed smth thou O_o ..... I havn´t done all that on my priest thou, and not all on the lvl which they were made for ( means on lvl 80) but I know all raids and tacts for everything in and out, and I really love to go to the old vanilla stuff still, so I am always up for stuff like that!

about what I cleared on the right lvl in the right expansion more here :

let´s start with my priest : Xaero
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Xaero
(was created on the 1st day wow came out) been MC (cleared) / Ony (cleared) / ZG (cleared) / AQ & BWL some bosses downed and some fail attempts on the others back then =p  the old Naxx I have never seen thou.
have Anathema/Benediction and some highwarlord gear still from lvl 60, so not farmed afterwards!
my biggest achivement on him, defo Battlemaster. I was farming for that shit like crazy over... I don´t remember how long.... =p

My Warrior: Rend
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Rend
he was my main when WOTLK freshly hit and have been raiding a lot on him in naxx and Ulduar until I made a mainchange from my warrior to my priest
(I was writing an application to you once on him but I withdrew it again because Articulo asked me to come back after sorting out some things and issues which made me leave at one point)

My Shaman : Sobo
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Sobo
really nothing special about him, I just was bored some day and thought "hey dude shammy is the only toon I have never tryed so I´ll give it a shot" and then suddenly he was lvl 80 lol.
I started to PvP a bit on him, but as I said, nothing really special :)

then there is my beloved Warlock Asderil (my main in TBC)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Asderil
have been officer in 2 guilds (<the true mayhem>/ and <Intermission>) and then I joined <Deth Kult Social Club> the old <In Flames> after I gathered the gear to be able to be accepted there.
I have been in Kara/gruul/maggy/TK/BT/ZA on him on 70 ofc

my other chars on lvl 70 were a druid -> Alkon
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Alkon
(full epic in feral/balance/resto and all that in PvP and PvE... which means my bank on him is stuffed with hundrets of epics) he sits onj lvl 75 now and will keep sitting there =p

then there is my hunter -> Alkono
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Alkono
(full epic as well in PvE and PvP) lvl 70 still

My lvl 60 Mage; Chombrie
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Chombrie

a twink warrior lvl 39 with best gear available, a rogue somewhere 40-50ish, and a paladin on another account lvl 70, but no special gear on him.

on all my alts I have kinda all professions spreaded there are : skinning/tailoring/enchanting/mining/LW/Engineering ... and all that on at least TBC skill cap (375) with a lot of special patterns/plans in it, may it be rare epics or stuff like Ony cloak for BWL, tailoring and LW got both.

that must have been it =p

WOW HISTORY AND GUILDS

I think about WoW history I have given you a good impression already above, and about guilds more here:
over the years I was on my chars in many guilds let me point out a few here
on lvl 60 times:
- Recipe for Love
- Guild of SUN
on lvl 70 times:
- The True Mayhem (was officer there) raided kara lol
- Intermission (was officer there) raided ZA/maggy/gruul/TK
- somewhen there was a guild merge with whatever guild I can´t remember, and I ended up in So What
- Bladestorm
and finally
- Deth kult social club (In Flames) was at the end to TBC, raided everything up to BT there until they made the server change which sucked

these guilds I was in on mostly my Warlock Asderil which was my main in TBC and/or my druid Alkon which was my main be4 my lock ^^

on lvl 80 times I was in Articulo Mortis,
I was on my warrior there Core-raider (naxx & Ulduar times) which was the highest possible raider rank, and then I made the main change to my Priest where I became in a new guild ranking system Warlord which was/is still the highest raider rank, until I took a break, lost my rank and got left behind
after that I tryed to apply to you, but you didn´t have room for a Priest at that time sadly, so I was looking for another guild and ended up in Callous where I have been raiding ever since until very recently! but after some time the bad things took over the good ones, and I felt that I need a change! so I left there.

Why I Want to join Iron Edge:

well obviously you are over the years constantly known as the best guild on Dunemaul! and since I am looking for a new raiding guild now and I´m not the worst player there is around I thought I would give it a shot and hope the best!

WHAT CAN I OFFER IRON EDGE/OR WHY WOULD YOU WANT ME TO JOIN

well I am a quite exp. raider/PvPer on many classes, I know as mentioned kinda all raids and places there are. further more as mentioned as well I have many proffs, and can offer everything from there, as well my exp if anyone wanna go old vanilla stuff like MC or whatever, I know how and where preqs start and stuff ... oh and since I am student I have a lot of time hehe. raiding days/times whenever they are I can be there.

LAST WORDS

I already was applying to you once like I said, and I have to admit that I overtook the old application a bit since it couldn´t get any better I guess. I hope that´s np :)
fav. pokemon: Gulpin, most pathetic looking one I could find =p (still!)

hope everything is said, hope you liked it,hope the reading was´t too boring and if you have any questions please let me know!

until then, Xaero

August 28, 2010, 02:05:47 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rucious

• Former Member

Re: Priest Application B - Team
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:05:47 pm »
Great application. Decent gear. good luck
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

August 28, 2010, 10:53:26 pm
Reply #2

Kilizion

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:53:26 pm »
Good application, good experience. Spec is fine, so are your enchants. You should be using an sp/haste gem in your reputation ring, it's higher dps. I would rather use glyph of dispersion or mind sear instead of shadow word: pain, since I doubt you ever go near to oom, and the other glyphs are more useful on the whole (preventing damage, absorbing damage and aoe damage). Strange that you have an mp5 main hand, and that you haven't had the chance to get Frozen Bonespike or something better, I guess bad luck with drops or something. You still have a healing trinket, but the one from toc 5 normal is better for your dps. The boots you are using are terrible, the crafted ones from tailoring are better and you don't need the hit since you are also almost 3% over the hit cap, you only need 11%. I recommend since you have tailoring, to craft them. Also a few questions:

1. Why did you take a break while in Articulo Mortis and why did they demote you?
2. What bad things happened to make you leave Callous?
3. What kind of DPS are you doing in a fully buffed 25 man raid?

We currently have 4 priests in the b raid, 2 holy, 1 disc and 1 shadow. I'm not sure if we are looking for more but Yoica will let you know when he sees this. Anyway good application and good luck!

August 29, 2010, 12:38:09 am
Reply #3

Offline Xaero

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 12:38:09 am »
interesting thought about replacing a glyph tbh. I guess inc. range of MS would help on stuff like LK, but that would be all pretty much afaik?
I always liked the idea to be on the save side mana-wise with the Sw:P glyph.
but I am open for suggestions, and this very glyph can be changed if I am asked to do so :)

about my MH weapon:
the problem here is that Callous is using Loot Council as a loot system. I acually wasn´t unlucky with drops, just the handeling of the loot is absolutely ridiculous.
in one case it was given to a shaman over others who would acually benefit a lot more from it, but lol =p that´s how things are I guess. 

about the boots:
it´s true the crafted ones are better by 16 SP and 4 crit.
I was thinking a lot of times to get them, then again a 16 SP & 4 crit upgrade just didn´t seem worth to spend a few k gold on. (if you are talking about the Crit ones!)
because I just got 2 days ago the new wrists I am wearing, which have the hit. this is the reason why I am over cap as well. w/o em you can see that I was exactly on hit cap.
I am always trying to balance my stats out perfectly, in this case thou I was a little bit slacky I have to admit that. bare in mind thou that I only got them 2 days ago :)
if you ask me to get them thou (I admit thou you mean the spirit ones?) you can consider that being done.

1. Why did you take a break while in Articulo Mortis and why did they demote you?

IRL just sometimes gets you, private shit can happen which just forces you to stay away from WoW for a while.
now be4 I had this very break I was Warlord rank, which I said was the highest raider rank. this rank was only given temporary, based on performance / attendance. (I was on this rank ever since it was introduced until the end-any officer of AM can verify that)
now that means that it is quite obvious why I lost my warlord rank while I was gone.
after coming back, I was trying to get into the raidgroup again, but they sadly just didn´t give me a spot anymore, due to a more than full raid team.
this was the very time and reason when AM started their 2nd 25 man group. there I would have been gived a spot, but in all honesty I did not want to raid with alts / friends and mascor ranks - which that 2nd raid group was consisting of at the beginning.
I just felt a little bit screwed over after all the time and effort I had put into AM for almost a year at that point. and more than everything I was a little disappointed that I was treated more like a friend-rank-guy than a former raider.

2. What bad things happened to make you leave Callous?

I really don´t want to go too much into detail here. I just hate to talk bad about other persons.
fact is thou, that I got sick of the racism in there, the general appearence of the guild, the handeleing of recruits, and the lootsystem.
I have even started several topics about these things on our guild site to maybe change things into a better way.
sadly thou the majority of the guild doesn´t give a fucking shit about all that.
so back to the question: I did not want to stand for what Callous is standing for, like I once posted on a thread and let me quote myself here " I acually am ashamed of being in this guild sometimes"

3. What kind of DPS are you doing in a fully buffed 25 man raid?

it´s a little bit tricky to answer this question. I cannot give a valid number of what my average DPS is, it always depends on the bossfight really.
Callous posts on World of Logs thou! so you can check out there if you want to.
I hope this link here works from my last raid in Callous
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/17m1vk4gwr0b27ww/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses
you will have to check the specific bosses thou, the overall number ain´t accurate since I wasn´t joining for the last boss that evening.

hmm, about that you have 4 priests already... I didn´t know that. that is ofc bad I guess 5 priests would be a bit overkill in a raid. but I was asking one of your guildys the day be4 I was working on my application to you, and I was told that the chances are good to get a spot atm as a priest.

I hope I have answered everything to your satisfaction, if you have more questions go ahead :)

August 29, 2010, 01:13:28 am
Reply #4

Offline Xaero

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 01:13:28 am »
I want to add a little thing here btw.
my intention about applying to you was more on a future basis set acually.
considering Wotlk will be coming to an end somewhen near future (I hope!), I was ofc hoping to stay with you guys once Cata hits.
I am not only looking for a guild which I can get everything out be4 cata comes, I don´t care if my stupid 5 set is 264 or 277; more than that I am looking for a new -> home, new friends - you!
a place to be, if you know what I mean :)

I am saying that seeing that you seem to be pretty stuffed with priests atm according to Kilizion´s post. so I would not mind to sit out and wait until my time has come!

August 29, 2010, 01:20:45 am
Reply #5

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 01:20:45 am »
nice application and nice attidude, quick to anwser questions and keen to stay in the future is always a good sign, good luck with your application.
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

August 29, 2010, 01:56:13 am
Reply #6

Kilizion

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 01:56:13 am »
Well aside from that the mind sear glyph helps on Lady Deathwhisper as well and with trash, plus it has it's uses on Lich King normal Valkyr's and bone spikes on Lord Marrowgar. And if you prefer to be on the safe side with mana dispersion glyph grants a much greater mana return with the reduced cooldown. On top of all the other bonuses.

If you take my advice on the gem, the trinket and the boots (yes the spirit ones) you should see a gain in dps of around 100 (if you're dpsing correctly), may not seem like much but every little helps.

Valid reasons for leaving two decent guilds on the server but just a warning, you mentioned racism. There's a lot of trolls and /b/tards here so just try not to take offence too easily.

Your dps seems okay, and I just mentioned the 4 priests thing just so you're aware, it's Yoica's call on wether you get trialed or not. This is definitely a great gaming community to be part of, so you're right to apply here if that's what you want. Good luck again!

August 29, 2010, 04:16:00 am
Reply #7

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 04:16:00 am »
Does the b raid really need more clickers?
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

August 29, 2010, 01:00:48 pm
Reply #8

Kilizion

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 01:00:48 pm »
I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he had his keybinds hidden.

August 29, 2010, 01:44:27 pm
Reply #9

Offline Xaero

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 01:44:27 pm »
I don´t really know what makes you think that I am a clicker mate =p
I think it´s pretty hilarious that you say that 1st because you couldn´t possibly know and 2nd that I couldn´t possibly play with clicking.
every single spell I am using as a shadow priest during a raid I have bound.
same counts for my PvP Disc spec.

if you made this assumption by looking @ my UI and seeing all the spells in all together 6 Action bars, then you are wrong.
this only really is for the looks. you might be able to see that I acually have a full 2nd line of the same spells sitting in a 2nd bar. like I said it only is for the looks.

if you judge me by my UI, or rather what spells I have in some action bar or not,  that would go a little bit too far I think!

August 29, 2010, 02:07:15 pm
Reply #10

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 02:07:15 pm »
Fiend on 9? Shield on 8?

Might aswell click.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

August 29, 2010, 02:23:05 pm
Reply #11

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 02:23:05 pm »
It's very strange how you have levitate and mounts bound, but not fade (!) or fear etc.

every single spell I am using as a shadow priest during a raid I have bound.
same counts for my PvP Disc spec.

You don't use hidden binds?

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

August 29, 2010, 02:46:19 pm
Reply #12

Kilizion

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 02:46:19 pm »
Just take another screenshot with all your binds.

August 29, 2010, 03:02:35 pm
Reply #13

Offline Xaero

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 03:02:35 pm »
I don´t know what that big deal with my keybinds is about.
and honestly I don´t really understand what you want me to do. do you mean that I should have bound every single spell to shift / ctrl whatever combination?

but anyways, that bind from livitate is from my Disc spec where I have my trinket sitting there - on the shadow spec this I usually bind to Fade
the ^ button is bound with my mass dispell
the 1 is bound to Vampiric Touch, the 2 is bound to Sw:P, 3 is MF, 4 is MB, 5 is DP, 6 is Sw:D, 7 is Inner focus, 8 is Pw:S, 9 is my Shadowfiend, 0 is my MS and ´is my Dispersion

these are pretty much all in fight abilities I am using. so I don´t really understand what I should be doing wrong here?

I would like to know what other important spells would be left which deserve a keybind.

(I have decursive running, so I don´t need dispell / abolish disease bound)

August 29, 2010, 03:18:32 pm
Reply #14

Offline Xaero

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 03:18:32 pm »
oh I think I know now what you mean,
is it about some stuff being bound to like 8 or 9 button? and that you think that I am clicking that since it´s a bit far away to hit?

well that is not correct. I am playing with this very action bar settings since I started playing, so I exactly know how far my finger has to move in order to hit the right spell lol

this is how I always played, this is how it works for me - and it hasn´t coused me any problems yet.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:32:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

75 Guests, 0 Users