Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 [Casual Raid] Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Oxymortisai [Accepted]

October 05, 2011, 01:10:31 am
Read 17330 times

Applicant

[Casual Raid] Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Oxymortisai [Accepted]
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:10:31 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Oxymortisai
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Dunemaul/Oxymortisai/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS/Tank)
Raid: Casual Raid

Personal Info:

I'm Oxy, I'm 22 and I work for an ISP in the UK.

Spec:

I currently play Protection Mainspec with an Arms mainspec, I've always been mainspec tank. I am considering changing my offspec to Fury for a change in pace though.

My mainspec gear is full 378 excluding one trinket and weapon with 2 391 pieces.

My offspec gear is mostly 372 with some 378.

Class:

I've been playing Warrior since the middle of TBC. I've raided, raid lead and been an officer. I've had experience in 10 and 25 man raiding. I've PvP'd (not at an amazingly high level however) and tried to see and play as much as the Warrior class as I can.

I believe I know quite a bit about the class, however I am always willing to learn more.

In my mainspec I prioritise Mastery, whilst matching socket bonuses to keep my stats well rounded. This is to give me a big enough health pool whilst keeping avoidance and mitigation at a good level.

Priority is Shield Slam > Revenge > Shockwave > Devastate, whilst keeping up Demo Shout, Thunder Clap and Rend, throwing in Heroic Strikes when rage permits to do so.

In DPS gear, stacking strength and them some more strength and then I consider a bit more strength on top of that.

For DPS I roll my face around on the keyboard when I see the pretty procs light up.

Alts:

85 Blood DK, 85 Holy/Prot Paladin, 85 Shaman and various alts of other classes.

Professions:

Blacksmithing / Mining - both 525. 95% of BS recipes.
I've just always had these, never changed them.

Raid Experience:

Burning Crusade:
   SSC:- Lurker Below, Leothras, Vashj.
   TK:- LootReaver, Al'ar, Kael.
   MH:- Rage, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor.
Unfortunately, very limited time in 25 man raiding during TBC as I used to fill in slots for a 25 man guild.

Wrath of the Lich King:
   Naxx:- Cleared 10/25
   EoE:- Cleared 10/25.
   Ulduar:- Cleared 10/25N.
   ToC:- Cleared 10/25.
   ToGC:- Cleared 10, 2/5 when it was current content, had a personal issue come up at this point, meaning I had to take approx 2 - 3 months out of WoW. 3/5 on 25.
   ICC:- Cleared 10, 12/12 on HC. 11/12 on 25.

Cataclysm:
   BoT: 2/4 HC.
   Tot4W: 1/2 HC.
   BwD: 5/6 HC.
   Firelands: 1/7 HC.

Previous Guilds:

Lunacy - Wildhammer
Awakening - Wildhammer
TECHNOVIKINGS - Wildhammer
A Necessary Evil - Hellfire

Availability:

Lunacy:
   As is natural progression with 10 man guilds, some people want to do 25 man raiding, however some wanted to stay doing 10. This created a very nasty divide amongst raiders and officers alike, leaving a very unpleasant taste in the mouth so to speak.
As I found this impacted my enjoyment and as Raid Leader / Senior Officer of Lunacy, if I wasn't enjoying the tension then that would impact my decisions. The officers and GM got together and discuss the best course of action, and as it seemed we weren't going to meet a solid decision, we went our seperate ways.
I took leave of the guild and moved to another guild to do 25 man raiding.

Awakening:
   There were no real 'bad' reasons for me leaving Awakening, the only real reason being is that I wanted to play with some people I knew better in TECHNOVIKINGS. It was a great guild with positive attitudes and don't have anything negative to say about my time there.

TECHNOVIKINGS:
   Unfortunately although I've enjoyed playing in TECHNOVIKINGS, my motivation is similar to other applications you've recieved from the guild. The lack of being able to get a decent level of co-ordination together to run 25 man runs was not possible with poor signs and a lack of effort on behalf of some of the team.

A Necessary Evil:
   Great Guild, Great People, Was an officer & raid-leader there for a while, however it's let down by there not being enough focus on picking up the weaknesses. Repeat mistakes quite easily tolerated, low dps ignored, little things that can add up just eventually wore me down really. Decided I needed a break from 4 nights a week of this as it was causing me to not enjoy playing the game as much as I'd like to.

Communication:

I speak fluent English, as it's the only language I speak, I have TS3, I have a working headset and microphone.

Computer / Connection:

I have a decent PC, In the process of rebuilding it part by part as money can afford. I have no FPS issues, my internet connection is stable, I don't have high ping to Dunemaul, I rarely lag and I only disconnect when I LOSE THE GAME.

Addons/UI:

http://i54.tinypic.com/e836e0.jpg

Other Games:

League of Legends, Whatever the current release is on Steam.

Why Iron Edge?

Because Doomslay can't live if living is without me.

I'm just looking for some casual 2/3 nights a week raiding with no pressure as being an officer or a raid leader, I want to go back to doing my job and not having to analyse what 24 other people are doing.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A reliable relaxed raider who just wants to enjoy raiding again on a casual level.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Doomslay bigged you up.

Last Words?

I'd give a testicle for the privilege of being able to punch Hugh Jackman in the face.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:57:52 pm by TTaM »

October 05, 2011, 01:16:51 am
Reply #1

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
Re: [Casual Raid] Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Oxymortisai
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:16:51 am »
Nothing but good words to say for sam, he was my maintank when we raided in technoviking's (where i was before i came here) and we've stayed good chums since - would be a pleasure to raid with him again.

doomslay/x/fs/y/z

October 05, 2011, 01:17:51 am
Reply #2

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:17:51 am »
Nice app, another brit, got my vote.

October 05, 2011, 01:33:15 am
Reply #3

Offline Evilblaze

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 01:33:15 am »
Nice app but "Character is not available" ?!  ;D

October 05, 2011, 01:39:58 am
Reply #4

Offline Oxymortisai

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 01:39:58 am »
Doesn't matter how often I proof read I always make a glaring mistake.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Hellfire/Oxymortisai/advanced

This link has added correct server bonus!

October 05, 2011, 01:44:26 am
Reply #5

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 01:44:26 am »
Solid stuff. We got three tanks atm, but they got far from perfect attendance, with the exception of Gaeios maybe. Might be interested in something a bit more solid. Hayters gonna hayt?

October 05, 2011, 01:58:41 am
Reply #6

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 01:58:41 am »
I think tronz is gonna be pretty un-attentive for the next few months and abyiss is going to be behind by an hour or so. Plus luckily all our tanks have viable offspecs.
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

October 05, 2011, 04:05:45 am
Reply #7

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 04:05:45 am »
Not sure if i'd call Tronz's dps viable! :D

October 05, 2011, 06:57:36 am
Reply #8

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 06:57:36 am »

I heard i get to give my view on who gets the dagger (;

Didn't get the time to look over the app as I'm going on a trip around dk to look at dirt :/  but if doom says okay for it I guess it can atleast be 20% correct.

And we are looking for another tank and having a dps spec will go a long way aswell.

October 05, 2011, 07:46:00 am
Reply #9

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 07:46:00 am »
Solid app and we need another tank. Good with a solid dps offspec since 3 tanks mean some rotation. You left guilds in the past cause due to major downs and I need to prepare you for even worse downs. We can play like shit from time to time but tend to pick our self up and pull off a pretty good effort. But what I'm reading from your app is that this effected you as an officer more then as a player?

October 05, 2011, 08:01:32 am
Reply #10

Offline Sidestep

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 08:01:32 am »

I heard i get to give my view on who gets the dagger (;

Did I mention you're my favorite tank? :P

October 05, 2011, 10:21:54 am
Reply #11

Offline Oxymortisai

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 10:21:54 am »
Solid app and we need another tank. Good with a solid dps offspec since 3 tanks mean some rotation. You left guilds in the past cause due to major downs and I need to prepare you for even worse downs. We can play like shit from time to time but tend to pick our self up and pull off a pretty good effort. But what I'm reading from your app is that this effected you as an officer more then as a player?

I'm OK with things going wrong on some nights. It's expected. What I didn't find OK was never addressing repeat issues with players directly. If my DPS wasn't acceptable (if I was mainspec dps), then I'd expect someone to tell me so, not to have the point beaten around and blame other things.

As an officer this frustrated me as although I'd bring the point up, it was always blamed on something else 'bad tactics' or 'having a bad night' but it was being repeated and never really addressed due to the guild having a low amount of applications, so people could get away with just slacking and not giving it their 100% if they felt like it as there was no threat of being replaced. I got fed up of me giving my all when other people could barely be bothered to use correct enchants at times. I'm not saying the whole guild was like this, as there are some geninuely decent players there, but when it's 5 or 6 people, it becomes a weight on the rest of the raiders and I wasn't really OK with this.

This is why I'm looking for something more casual, I have no interest in being an officer and spending half my free time a week doing so. I'm just looking for somewhere where I can be a good tank and enjoy being so.

October 05, 2011, 10:42:53 am
Reply #12

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 10:42:53 am »
We will give you a trial, if you can be transfered to Dunemaul by tomorrow we will get you in then. Our trial process goes like this:

1)you raid one raid with us, if you do well and if your application been on the forums for 24 hours without anyone complaining you will be invited as a trialist to the guild
2)You will have to complet at minimum 4 raids with us before getting accepted as a part of the raid/guild and promoted to raider rank.

We judge you mainly on stability (comming on time, telling us when going afk etc), raid performance, if you communicate well and if you are DPS of course how much dps you can pull out of your toon. The basic guidline is to put in an effort in each raid.

Invites start 19:55, whisper me, Yoica, Blackwhale or Gaeios for an invite

October 05, 2011, 10:44:52 am
Reply #13

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 10:44:52 am »
You better watch out. Skink means business!

October 05, 2011, 10:50:00 am
Reply #14

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 10:50:00 am »
Henrik ALWAYS means business.
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:50:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

90 Guests, 0 Users