Forum > Site Support

Website banners

(1/8) > >>

delling:
As you can see, we now have a new site banner -- and it changes every time you change the page!

a) do you like this?

b) is it annoying that it changes on every page, or is that cool? (perhaps try it out for a day or two before answering this.

--

Next, I created a template so that anyone can make a banner! The PSD is attached. If you don't have Photoshop, send me your JPEGs or PNGs and I'll fit them in.

Size:
Your banner artwork (before you put it into the template), must be 1140 by 120 pixels.

We can cater to larger sizes, but it's easier if everyone sticks to those dimensions. If there are a lot of people that want to make bigger banners , we can work something out. I'd rather not go over 150px height, though.

Design:
I'd rather have either professional banners, or completely stupid ones. Devlin's design aesthetic is great. You can find his logo attached to this post too (soon).

If you are going to do stupid banners, they should be along the same lines as Palmar's. I don't want banners that are in between. They either have to be 'woaah, cool', or 'omg rofl'.

Sketches (from Fuzi, or whoever does one) are OK too. I just want banners that look... smart.

I would like to try an animated banner -- but not something that just rotates, or distracts. Think something along the lines of a day/night cycle, or leaves blowing around, or an interesting character from one of our games (SC2, TF2, WoW, etc.) moving around.

Think that's about it...

-D

Yathezai:

--- Quote from: delling on November 06, 2010, 03:42:05 pm ---As you can see, we now have a new site banner -- and it changes every time you change the page!

a) do you like this?

b) is it annoying that it changes on every page, or is that cool? (perhaps try it out for a day or two before answering this.
--- End quote ---

A: sure, it's cool.  :) I have to admit I don't pay a lot of attention to them, I kinda scroll down looking for new posts!

B: no, for the reason listed under A.

I'll leave making banners over to the pro's though...maybe a stupid one sometime!

Skymunken:
I miss Arnold... :(

Devlin:
Here's the text I used for my banners

Doomslay:
I really like them, loving the fact they change on refresh/revisit, if theres a lot of good submissions too it'll be good to keep a big roster of them, keeps it fresh every time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version