Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 A-raider Hunter application

November 25, 2009, 01:23:35 am
Read 41166 times

Offline tombombadil

• Vendor Trash

A-raider Hunter application
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:23:35 am »

Personal Information
my name is abid, 26yold, living in İstanbul for 7years. I like music, fruit wine, watching anime while eating, can speak japanese a little too. I have a smooth and paitent personality, i believe.

Character Information
Male Orc Hunter named Tombombadil.
Pot master and Enchanter, but not a real enchanter since i just lvled it for the rings.
armory-------> http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Tombombadil

I've cleared those 25mans - nax eoe os ulduar(except algalon) toc and done few hardmodes,gave many tries to others.
also adding a screenshot, this weeks VoA25, which shows my UI with  the damagemeter of the 1st boss. its not that imba but better than not giving any ideas.
http://img338.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot112309160356.jpg/

Raiding
I've seen the raid times of both groups, they r k for me.

More specific times:
Mondays: Whenever required
Tuesdays: Whenever required
Wednesdays: Whenever required
Thursdays: Whenever required
Fridays: Whenever required
Saturday: there is a chance that i ll go out with friends irl
Sundays: there is a chance that i ll go out with friends irl
I ll infomr the raidleader if i wont be able to join it for sure.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history
  I started to play WoW at early TBC in dunemaul,i have done karazan grull maggy ssc tk mh and bt(my best and most proud moment is to accomplish zulaman mount timing i think). I used to play mage at TBC but lvled up a paladin as my tbc guild(insane) needed a prot paly for Mount Hjyal progress at those days. after the guild disband i migrated my paladin to maghteridon with some friends. i gave a break to wow while we were trying to kill illidan and came back at wotlk with my hunter. I joined to ekstaz since the gm was a good friend of mine irl. played long along spent good time was fun. we had some disagreements on guild management -dont wanna talk about details since those should stay between friends.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
i dont know if iron edge was there when i was lvling my mage,but im sure that it was when i started to raid karazhan. and since then number1 of dunemaul changed many times, but only ie and ravenous stayed alive while keeping the hardcore raid at the same time. also i've never met with a mean guy from IE, may be i was lucky but i remember that once Goza crafted my shadow resist gear to almost no fee, so i believe that IE is one of the most trustable guilds around, and thats why i want to be a part of it.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
a mature and respectable guildmate, including raid role and social matters. i do my best to prepare my char before raids, bring many pots and all kinds of buffs that r avaliable. also i dont hesitate to spend gold for items if i believe that they r upgrading me - btw i've bought crusader orbs for chest and bracers,but since they r not far better than toc25drops and a new patch is on its way, im thinking about to use them for my alt-

Last words?
I know that my current gear is not that good, since i gave a break to raids after disagreements, but im doin my best with it. Hope u give a chance.
Btw, i just reset my 2nd talent since it was pvp, gonna redo it for surv pve
Thnx for ur time, king died but there will always be kiddos at somewhere that are walking backwards..

November 25, 2009, 02:44:05 am
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: A-raider Hunter application
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 02:44:05 am »
Gets points for being 'smooth and patient', an awesome name and Michael Jackson reference.

Loses points for watching anime.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

November 25, 2009, 03:47:15 am
Reply #2

Offline Strifium

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 03:47:15 am »
Animes are suck! Tom Bombadil was a "strange" guy in the LOTR books, I hope you are stable enough. :P
Another Turk trialist for A-Raid assume? but Abid... never heard that name before. Even checked in google about it's existence. And shocked, i guess i'm living in another dimension of Turkey.

Good luck with your application.

November 25, 2009, 04:11:43 am
Reply #3

Offline tombombadil

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 04:11:43 am »
thanks for your comments.
actualy u r right, my original name is "abitter", my friends use "abid" as a shortening,but still its an "one per a hundredthousand" name, really rare, i almost never met with a person that has already met with  an other abitter before me. and ppl keep asking me the meaning of it almost everyday, it means "gate of prayer". im not yoda or obama though, just wanted to mention it before u ask. hope this post helps your cruosity ;)

November 25, 2009, 04:22:36 am
Reply #4

Offline Strifium

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 04:22:36 am »
It would be cool if you were Yoda... :'(
I thought your name is shortening of Abidin(it's kinda rare), cause sounds like it. Also never heard abitter too.

Anyway thanks for your definition. :P
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 04:24:33 am by Strifium »

November 25, 2009, 07:41:24 am
Reply #5

Offline Karga

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 07:41:24 am »
Hey, nice app.

it's the first time for me to hear the name "Abidder" in Turkey. Even after i met thousands of friends. Yeah, your name is rare, rarer then mine. i guess the root of your name is arabic.

i like the way you named your char Tombombadil. it seems like u are one of those u prefer to read books instead of only watching the movies. And that 's good. People do not read a lot.

アイロン エッジは 面白くて すごい ですね。 よろしく おねがいします。 

Good luck on your app !

君に魔法をかけて蛙にしてやろう。 (i'll bewitch you into a frog!)

November 25, 2009, 08:04:45 am
Reply #6

Offline Jasminka

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:04:45 am »
SELAM ALEKUM!!!

November 25, 2009, 08:05:25 am
Reply #7

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 08:05:25 am »
QFT

Bears like alts!

November 25, 2009, 08:12:19 am
Reply #8

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 08:12:19 am »
Quoted for translation?
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

November 25, 2009, 08:55:46 am
Reply #9

Offline Karga

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 08:55:46 am »
QFT

iron edge is interesting and great, isn't it. it nice to meet you.
君に魔法をかけて蛙にしてやろう。 (i'll bewitch you into a frog!)

November 25, 2009, 10:50:10 am
Reply #10

Offline tombombadil

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 10:50:10 am »
thnx karga
 u r right i used to read fiction series for many years, lothr and the silmarillion were the most fascinating ones for me. and i've seen the movie of lothr in lots of "top 10movies ever" lists, and believe in me, i hated peter jackson everytime i watched an episode, almost couldnt bear to 3rd movie and watched it 2years after the realise. Poor Faramir...spending millions while making the story and chars more shallow is the common style of hollywood, but this should be a bug for the ppl of the world, do they never get bored of this? a patch is needed for the movie viewers for sure..
and u r close, root of my name is persian.

November 25, 2009, 11:43:42 am
Reply #11

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 11:43:42 am »
Why did you choose to spec Efficiency and not Rapid Killing? Also i dont get the Imp.Hunters Mark + Glyph,only rly works if your 3 hunters, and even then its a gimp for your personal dps. Also your gems is kinda messy, AP then some Agi then a ArP gem, why?

Other then that the apply seems nice and looks like you atleast took time to write it, compared to other apps ive seen.

November 25, 2009, 12:09:10 pm
Reply #12

Offline tombombadil

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 12:09:10 pm »
i didnt respeced my MM talent for a time, i had some mana problems back that time,we were missing 3rd pala and shadow pri in the raid, thats  why i came with a build like that. and i agree with u, rapid killing is more suitable.
i used to be the cl back there, and was trying to pick atleast 3 hunters for all raids. ddidnt want to act like boss at that time and took the responsibility of all hunter-raid buffing talents on me.
and arp gem is before the arp nerf,u r right about it i should replace them since i aplied u and decided to raid again.

November 25, 2009, 12:12:22 pm
Reply #13

Offline Huntresa

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 12:12:22 pm »
Ok, well in that case i see nothing wrong or bad bout your app, except gear but you mentioned that youreself so :D

November 25, 2009, 12:23:54 pm
Reply #14

Offline tombombadil

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 12:23:54 pm »
i  ve redone the talent now, kept 3 points free for now, gonna use them on imp. hunter's mark or smthng else acording to other hunters talents. thnx for your warnings Huntresa

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:55:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

73 Guests, 0 Users