Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Baain, Protection Paladin B raid aplication.

January 01, 2010, 11:26:13 pm
Reply #15

Kilizion

Re: Baain, Protection Paladin B raid aplication.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 11:26:13 pm »
Ameliorate isn't a raider just so you know and skill > gear. Anyway you made me want to listen to Metallica, nice reference.

January 02, 2010, 12:05:49 am
Reply #16

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 12:05:49 am »
Oh noes alarm bells woke me up... damn...
I really appreciate any kind of constructive criticism but come on alarms, bells ?
Well mate, what can I say, I was being honest about my dislikes in PVE, I never said I will have a problem attending those kind of raids, so I really don't see what alarms I might have triggered on you, or anyone else for that matter.
After giving you a quick armory check, you and me could debate for whom the bell tolls, but hey it's new year and I am kinda trying to get in the guild you are in so I will write no moar.
Thanks a lot for the feedback all and happy new year.
Da bells, master...

I'm talking as a former raid leader (not in IE, an old Stormscale guild).   Armory me all you want, skills and brains talk more than gear.  I've been captain casual since I started commuting four hours a day, the gear is a little out of date.  In fact my PvP gear is actually better these days, *sniff*.

Kudos on your honesty though.

January 02, 2010, 12:10:08 am
Reply #17

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 12:10:08 am »
You're missing the fact that you just like to argue, even if you're wrong.

In my experience, it's better to only argue when you're right... for what it's worth :P
Now I run a tech website.

January 02, 2010, 12:27:48 am
Reply #18

Offline bye

• Guild Member

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 12:27:48 am »
No disrespect here, I think I was judged based on a misinterpretation of 2 lines from my application, so I did same based on a armory check. In both cases it's wrong.
I wouldn't make this application if I couldn't commit to 2 ANY KIND of raids per week, just want to make that clear.
Hopefully we put those alarm bells to rest, maybe started a new ones though with me not being a quiet little trial(wannabe)-piglet and taking a bash or two from big boys  :-*

Anyway I respect skillers and old players, and only can respectfully disagree with
skills and brains talk more than gear
this is WoTLK, I would like that it's still true I really would, just onoes... I've seen too much :(
“I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.
I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.”

January 02, 2010, 02:14:51 am
Reply #19

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 02:14:51 am »
What - I despise farming aswell, and I don't even find first kills exiting anymore!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

January 02, 2010, 02:42:00 am
Reply #20

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 02:42:00 am »
All merely my opinion, as a cantankerous bitch :P
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:47:30 am by Ameliorate »

January 02, 2010, 04:14:56 am
Reply #21

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 04:14:56 am »
On second thought, this guys looks to be one of those "Im the boss" gets lewt and joins So Ravenous.

If ur all about First Kills, what happens if we dont get one? So Ravenous time?

P.s. Looking at ur gear, or gear lvl i would say u dont get to rate others based on their gear, since urs is far far away from "BiS".

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

January 02, 2010, 12:29:15 pm
Reply #22

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 12:29:15 pm »
He looks like one of those "Im the boss" gets lewt and joins So Ravenous guys? Really? Ozbiljno?
Where did you see "Im the boss" attitude? Is it cuz he seems sarcastic and smart plus he knows english well enough to can defend himself from silly accusations and 'bell alarms'? You want brain-dead ppl applying because then they fo sho won't question IE and leave for another guild or what?

If you read his aplication properly you would see following:

1. He doesn't want to be hardcore raider, not now, not ever. Been there, done that, hes not commiting for more then 2 evenings per week anymore. Other thing (which I thought was obvious) is that two of us wanna have fun raiding together, so your 'gets loot - join so ravenous' comment is out of line.

2. First kills, he clearly stated he doesn't mean servers 1sts, hes not applying for A team which chases servers firsts, so donno who 'we' are you referring to.

3. He mentioned Angrr's gear just so he can state that Angrr isn't stable raider either (to judge him). Hes perfectly aware of his gear level, never mentioned it was BIS or even close to it.

And now about all the bell tolls:

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind.
 And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee.'

Sir John Donne, 1647.

:D

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

January 02, 2010, 01:05:11 pm
Reply #23

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 01:05:11 pm »
No worries, the shamen know Spermacy isn't too bright :P
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

January 02, 2010, 02:45:16 pm
Reply #24

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 02:45:16 pm »
That we do, vorte! Very sorry about not responding here, got lots of christmassy-new yeary stuff to do, and in addition my gf has come to visit me for a few days :O
Writing this while she's in the shower, will have to postpone a final answer until I can talk to hugman (which will hopefully be today!)

Always an excuse, isn't there :D
Anyway, I like you, I like the fact that people in general seem to like you, I like the fact that vorte likes you, meaning you're not a retard.. I'm absolutely willing to give this a go.. We could use a couple of tanks to form a stable tank team when Theel goes to the army, so I'm thinking you and the ex-alliance scumbag warrior could work out quite nicely! Let me get back to you shortly though!

January 02, 2010, 04:39:31 pm
Reply #25

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 04:39:31 pm »
Very romantic, watching you smack-down Supremacy and the rest, Mouse.

But as has been said, no one really listens to what Supremacy says. In English we say he's like a 'stuck record'.
Now I run a tech website.

January 02, 2010, 05:40:06 pm
Reply #26

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 05:40:06 pm »
I'm merely going by what's been written, Mouse.  For somebody to be so upfront about not liking an unfortunate core part of the game doesn't bode well.  What does is that he's playing hide the sausage with a stable B raider who will probably kick his ass if he fails to show :P

Anyway, best of luck with a trial, it's always fun to have a personality that can carry out an argument in guild, even if you don't get my annoying personality in a raid at the moment...

January 02, 2010, 06:43:04 pm
Reply #27

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 06:43:04 pm »
Nice application. Decent enough gear. We have been looking to try a decent prot pali for a while.

Unfortunately you posted it just before the Christmas holidays, and because of that, the delay in me and Grilly responding tripled, sorry about that. Also you had to put up with Super-macy's rambling and Angrrrrryman's inquisitions. However these are just part of the Iron Edge Trial system, to weed out ppl who couldn't deal with stupidity/trolling/randomness.

Anyway, If you are confident you can commit to raiding every Monday and Tuesdays, I am willing to give you a trial this Monday. We are looking for a couple of new stable tanks, now that Theel is absconding to the army; and if you can prove you are up to it, you will get a spot.

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind.
 And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee.'

Sir John Donne, 1647.

This I liked, bonus points for this.

January 02, 2010, 11:53:12 pm
Reply #28

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 11:53:12 pm »

he seems sarcastic and smart plus he knows english

so your 'gets loot - join so ravenous' comment is out of line.

He mentioned Angrr's gear just so he can state that Angrr isn't stable raider

Gz to him for knowing English, im sure he will fit right in with the rest of the world.

Not rly, my comment is not out of line, nor a personal one, thats just the impression i got after he started checking Armory to measure ppl.

In all honesty i dont care what he meant by it, he is the one that made the app, and thus is on trial, not Angrr.

No worries, the shamen know Spermacy isn't too bright :P

Kinda funny coming from the guy who couldn't keep even the oldest IE pvpers in the guild.

Very romantic, watching you smack-down Supremacy and the rest, Mouse.

But as has been said, no one really listens to what Supremacy says. In English we say he's like a 'stuck record'.

What? u want a cookie or smthing?

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

January 03, 2010, 12:09:34 am
Reply #29

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 12:09:34 am »
Guess I'm gonna do what everybody seems to be doing when it comes to Supermacy - completely ignore anything he says ; )

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:52:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

280 Guests, 0 Users