Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Palla Tank/Ele Sham B team app

January 14, 2010, 01:25:21 pm
Read 6171 times

Offline Marc

• Vendor Trash

Palla Tank/Ele Sham B team app
« on: January 14, 2010, 01:25:21 pm »
Personal Information
Hi there! I am a 19 year old chap named Marc. I live in Denmark where I study mathematics and physics, although I have a broad array of interest, ranging from math and physics to history and philosophy. In my spare time I chill out with my friends and listen music a lot. Also, I have been playing the piano for about a year now.

Character Information
I am going to talk about two characters (more specified in Gaming History section). First up is my Elemental Shaman Zahili, which is one of my first characters.

Zahili: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Zahili

Next up is my paladin fill-in character Bravehearth (more about this one later as well).

Bravehearth: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Bravehearth

I will detail my raiding history in the Gaming History section.

Raiding
I am a committed player, and I will raid till sunrise if required (okay, maybe 2-3 hours of sleep might be required =P). In all seriousness, I am available most of time but tuesday.

Monday: 18.45-03.00
Tuesday: Until 1st may it's sadly only 23.00-03.00, but will be 18.45-03.00 past that date.
Wednesday: 18.45-03.00
Thursday: 18.45-03.00
Friday: 18.45+
Saturday: I don't need sleep, what's that good for anyways?
Sunday: Until 03.00, monday morning's a bitch...

Gaming (optional) and World of Warcraft History
As for my gaming career, I have been playing games since I was very young. Mostly RTS and puzzle games have been my great interest, like Age of Empires, Heroes of Might and Magic 1-2-3 and of course Starcraft (Which I still play from time to time).

I started playing WoW during the end of classic, and didn't really get to raid, as I only just manage to ding 60 on my first character (my shaman) 3 days before TBC was launched. I leveled my shaman to 64 then realizing that shaman wasn't what I really wanted, so I started leveling my mage alt instead, which would become my main character of TBC.

In the start I was focused on PvP and didn't really care about PvE. However, my interest was more and more drawn toward raiding and sooner or later I joined a raiding guild. I managed to progress through Karazhan, Gruul and started on the Eye before some real-life issues caused me to quit WoW.

Fast forward to WoTLK and I get the chance and time to play again. I make promise to myself that I will go through to the end game and kill Arthas, instead of not completing as I did TBC. I rejoin WoW a while after Ulduar Launch, and I quickly decide to give my shaman another whirl. After hitting 80 I joined a small casual raiding guild, clearing out Naxx, OS and starting on Ulduar progress. At this time around ToC is released and seeing as I want more progress than my guild, I decide to apply for another guild. I get accepted, but choose to withdraw my application as another opportunity had revealed itself. In between gaining new irl friends and old friends starting WoW again, we decided to raid together. We clear out ToC and get 3/5 in ToGC when ICC is released.

A few weeks before ICC release I had started to level a paladin (Bravehearth) because the guild needed a new tank and I wouldn't mind trying out something new. Also, whatever needed to further the progress of the guild. In 4 days /played I hit 80 with my paladin and within 2 days /played I farmed 600 emblems of triumph and geared up as quickly as possible. A few ICC runs with the guild and after 6 days /played my paladin had obtained the gear you see now. Also I have the frost emblem belt and the crafted boots incoming soon, just need a little more farming time. Proffesions aren't updated either, but that is quickly taken care of as well.

Anyways, some internal guild drama arises, and in the end me and my friends leaves the guild. After a period of thinking and being standby, I decided that I am gonna step it up and apply to a serious guild. After all, my reason for returning to WotLK was that Arthas have go down, no matter what it takes, and I uphold that promise to myself.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
I started researching the guilds of Dunemaul and found that only a few guilds have what it takes to go all the way. Iron Edge, as I see it, runs in front and is the perfect opportunity for me to reach my goal: step it up. I hope that Iron Edge is able to provide me with chance to raid end game and actually carry through.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I offer myself as a person to Iron Edge, more-so than a character. I have listed two characters, because I feel that your need as a guild is more important than what character I play. I play whatever is needed, which also is the reason I leveled my paladin. Basically, I am offering you a mature, determined player who is willing do whatever it takes.

Now, I realize that the gear level of both my characters aren't top notch (not bad though I would say), but for me, gear is more a method to reach a goal, not the goal itself. I can quickly cover up a few gear parts on my shaman (mainly necklace and belt from the new HC's and the crafted bracers) and as I said, I have some more gear incoming on my paladin. If you need neither paladin tank or shaman dps I am willing to regear and respec healer as well, I which case I will apply again when it's done if needed.

Last words?
I originally wanted to apply to the A team, however I believe my gear level is not enough to push out the other great players that occupy the A team. If you think otherwise, please let me now.

January 14, 2010, 04:11:10 pm
Reply #1

Kilizion

Re: Palla Tank/Ele Sham B team app
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 04:11:10 pm »
We are looking for an elemental shaman. Good luck with your application.

January 14, 2010, 04:21:19 pm
Reply #2

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 04:21:19 pm »
The b-raid could really use a good elemental shaman. There is one thing I'm worried about. You said you initially wanted to apply to the A-raid but due to gear you decided to apply to b-raid.

The b-raid IS NOT a stepping stone to gear up in so you join the a-raid. If it is your intention to eventually apply to A-raid go find another (guild) raid group to boost you.

At least that is my opinion  :P but it is up to Grill/Hug.

January 14, 2010, 04:38:56 pm
Reply #3

Offline Marc

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:38:56 pm »
The b-raid could really use a good elemental shaman. There is one thing I'm worried about. You said you initially wanted to apply to the A-raid but due to gear you decided to apply to b-raid.

The b-raid IS NOT a stepping stone to gear up in so you join the a-raid. If it is your intention to eventually apply to A-raid go find another (guild) raid group to boost you.

At least that is my opinion  :P but it is up to Grill/Hug.

I think you have misunderstood me. It's not about gear or A or B, it's about carrying through. What I mean is that I don't think I can compete with the A team guys, which leads me to the B team. If you can use me on the B team I will be happy to participate, and my impression is that both teams have the capability to carry through. Sorry if the wording came out wrong.

January 14, 2010, 04:51:40 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 04:51:40 pm »
Psht, we killed fartface and pukeface using the same amount of tries!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

January 14, 2010, 04:54:54 pm
Reply #5

Offline Marc

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 04:54:54 pm »
Psht, we killed fartface and pukeface using the same amount of tries!

Good to hear! And as I said, it's not about A or B for me, it's about getting the opportunity to go all the way. I stand by what I said, I am applying to the B team, seeing as you seem to be needing me the most, being an elemental shaman and all.

January 15, 2010, 10:09:07 am
Reply #6

Offline Sertth

• Former Member

• Sertth - Fury Warrior

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 10:09:07 am »
Both chars lacking gear, terribad bear trink. on a protadin. Thou elemental shaman is nice to hear..
Gl with your application.
Sertth - B Raid Fury Warrior

January 15, 2010, 04:49:11 pm
Reply #7

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »
An Elemental shaman does sound nice indeed, think the casters are gonna love that. I looked up on your gear and you seem have understood atleast some way of stat'ing an ele-shaman, though your hitrating is high, but thats because of the majority of hit/haste things that youve got. Seems like a good guy, and i could need a fellow danish person in the b-raid :>

Eetion, ET, fred, Susan over and out :)
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

January 15, 2010, 05:50:32 pm
Reply #8

Offline Sertth

• Former Member

• Sertth - Fury Warrior

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 05:50:32 pm »
Susan?

January 15, 2010, 06:19:05 pm
Reply #9

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 06:19:05 pm »
Where were you the 1st raid ET joined us!?

January 15, 2010, 06:55:46 pm
Reply #10

Offline Sertth

• Former Member

• Sertth - Fury Warrior

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 06:55:46 pm »
tbh i just went afk and grabbed some food where ppl start about trolling his name. last i remember was the E.T. thats all. But Susan is cool  ::)

January 15, 2010, 09:12:25 pm
Reply #11

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 09:12:25 pm »
I was there and i don't remember Susan. o.O
High functioning sociopath.

January 17, 2010, 12:31:46 am
Reply #12

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 12:31:46 am »
Hi there.

Well this is a decent application. Your experience isn't brilliant and your gear needs some more work.

We are looking for a Elemental Shaman, but he must be very good dps (for a hybrid), otherwise it's not worth trialling one (we have trialled several over the last few months, and they barely did more than the tanks  >:(). We are not currently looking for another Paladin.

First off, the main problem I can see, is that the B-raid, raids 19:30pm-00:00am, Mondays and Tuesdays; and you indicate that you cannot do Tuesdays, until May. Being unable to raid one of our raid days, is pretty much a no go.

Secondly, I get from your application, that you really want to raid hardcore, from the looks of your listed schedule, most days. I feel that since we only raid two days, you would become unsatisfied with only raiding two days, (even with our 10-mans other days) and eventually want to leave or go to the A-raid. Unless you can convince us that the B-raid is where you want to be, for the long run, why would we take the time gearing you up?

Get back to me on these points.

January 17, 2010, 12:50:59 am
Reply #13

Offline Sparrowhawk

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 12:50:59 am »
Just to point out, A-raid does not need elemental shaman. Also your gear choices as shaman are pretty strange, why would you use tier 9 legs as they are HORRIBLE, and you have 4% over hit cap. Such an awesome farmer as you are, get the 264 crafted legs and use tier 9 shoulders instead, no point using same stat giving offset piece instead of the tier piece. Also would suggest dropping mining for something usefull ;)

January 17, 2010, 11:31:19 am
Reply #14

Offline Marc

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 11:31:19 am »
Hi there.

Well this is a decent application. Your experience isn't brilliant and your gear needs some more work.

We are looking for a Elemental Shaman, but he must be very good dps (for a hybrid), otherwise it's not worth trialling one (we have trialled several over the last few months, and they barely did more than the tanks  >:(). We are not currently looking for another Paladin.

First off, the main problem I can see, is that the B-raid, raids 19:30pm-00:00am, Mondays and Tuesdays; and you indicate that you cannot do Tuesdays, until May. Being unable to raid one of our raid days, is pretty much a no go.

Secondly, I get from your application, that you really want to raid hardcore, from the looks of your listed schedule, most days. I feel that since we only raid two days, you would become unsatisfied with only raiding two days, (even with our 10-mans other days) and eventually want to leave or go to the A-raid. Unless you can convince us that the B-raid is where you want to be, for the long run, why would we take the time gearing you up?

Get back to me on these points.

I've been thinking about that, and you have some important points. One raid day a week is not what I am looking for, and it would indeed make me apply to the A team in the long run. Considering this, I withdraw my application, as I gather that I am only gonna cause more trouble than good. I wish you all good luck in the future. - Marc

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:44:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

268 Guests, 0 Users