Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Dead Space 2

January 29, 2011, 09:42:39 am
Read 3389 times

Offline Narw

• Guild Member

Dead Space 2
« on: January 29, 2011, 09:42:39 am »
Game had premiere few days ago, great sequel to great game.

In short it's survival horror taking place on space station infected by some kind of lifeform.You are Isaac, the engineer. Isaac suffers from heavy dementia.  Other colonists suffer from it too. And Necromporphs, you can shoot their limbs. You actually should do that. To conserve ammo.

Few screenshots i took at start location, graphic is realy nice, sound rocks, game have great atmposphere, got scared quite a few times already.

Here is review on on gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deadspace2/review.html?tag=topslot;thumb;3

January 31, 2011, 11:48:08 am
Reply #1

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

Re: Dead Space 2
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:48:08 am »
Finished it this weekend, ~13h playtime. It's a really good game, but IMO compared to the "wtf"-experience of Dead Space 1, it's "just" "as good as DS1".

From the additions they added to the game, very few actually make it better:

Meh:
  • having to stomp on every corpse in order to get loot gets old quickly, doesnt really add anything to the game
  • I found the new weapons quite useless, especially the sniper rifle
  • new monsters: exploding babies, the "kid packs", wtf, both taken straight out of their very own Dante's Inferno. Don't fit into the setting at all
  • same applies to the nursery level, plus the "school play" endsection fight. This rather fits in some silly over-the-top Quake mod, and almost had me go "lol". I was just waiting for Zombie Groundskeeper Willy
  • if you're doing a multi million AAA title, please have some bucks left for decent story writing. Story feels like written during coffee break.
  • Nicole going all Ringu on me: meh
  • too few boss/special fights
  • the suit purchase system: why don't the special boni do add up (reequipping the 10% sale suit just to buy things - meh...)
  • maybe it's glorified by time, but IMO they don't quite reach the top notch sound and design of DS1

Hot:
  • revisiting the Ishimura actually felt interesting
  • the improved, freely manoeuvrable anti-gravity system
  • the few special set pieces, thou most of which will be familiar to you if you watched the trailers in the past

TL,DR: everything kept from Dead Space 1 is awesome, most of the new stuff is "meh".

Oh, anyone else biting their gamepad on the very first time the stalkers (those charge-in-your-face raptor things) show up (Church of Unitology)? I only managed them because they bug out/retreat when you don't enter their fighting zone (in the Church, safe position are the elevators). There are "bug zones" like that in every area where they show up, so actually I'm not sure whether its intended to work like this... /shrug
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:49:41 am by Goza »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:37:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

304 Guests, 2 Users
DNZ93, hemoroidtv