Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Sythril - Elemental shaman [B team]

May 03, 2010, 02:07:45 am
Read 4984 times

Offline Sythril

• Vendor Trash

Sythril - Elemental shaman [B team]
« on: May 03, 2010, 02:07:45 am »
Personal Information

Good evening Iron Edge my name is Magnar, I’m 17 years old, soon 18 (cheers) I`m from Norway and going to school. My free time I am playing wow and being with friends.

Character Information

My shaman is called Sythril, armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Sythril . I have played all specs and decided that elemental was funniest to play, so elemental it is. But I will respec if needed. I only have 32 days played, because I made this shaman when wotlk was out.
Mine 80s is this one, 1 warrior, 1 preist, 1 mage and 1 more shaman (lawl) currently leveling up a druid.

Raiding

My raiding experience started in vanilla wow (level 60s) I most of the raids cleared except some bosses in BWL. TBC came out before I got to AQ40 / Naxx.
I played TBC as well I cleared everything up to Illidan Stormrage, we missed a lock tank for killing him.
My WOTLK experience
Naxx 10 : 15/15
Naxx 25 : 15/15
OS 10/25 : 1/1
EoE10 : 1/1
ToC10 : 5/5
ToC25 : 5/5
TogC10 : 1/5
TogC25 : 0/5
Ony 10/25 : 1/1
Ulduar 10 : 12/14 ome few in hard mode
Ulduar25 : 11/14
ICC10 : 7/12 5 bosses in heroic
ICC25 : 6/12

Professions

Enchanting Max 450/450
Alchemy Max 450/450

More specific times:

Mondays:  I will be available from 16:00 GT to it ends
Tuesdays: I will be available from 16:00 GT to it ends
Wednesdays: I will be available from 16:00 GT to it ends
Thursdays: I will be available from 16:00 GT to it ends
Fridays: I will be available from 16:00 GT to it ends
Saturday: I will be available from 16:00 GT to it ends
Sundays: It depends (can explain if you ask me ingame)

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

I started back in vanilla when wow was ‘fresh` Also I was young, Idina/Stortiss made me start :P. Since then I have been played wow to now. I have played all classes death knight and warlock.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

Iron Edge is a good guild with many great and mature players. I still remember Iron Edge from level 60s basically because I got ganked all the time ;D. I want to join Iron Edge to have fun with other peoples and enjoy the game.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?

A good raider that will do my best to pull out best dps as possible, staying positive trough the whole raid and I am also very active player.

Last words?

Thumbs up!

If you wonder why my acc name is "Kaninhode" is because I was going to apply with my warrior, but then I saw Iron Edge were seeking for 1-2 random dps.
"I didnt stand in a bad place, I did stand in wrong place"

May 03, 2010, 03:00:01 am
Reply #1

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

Re: Sythril - Elemental shaman [B team]
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:00:01 am »
Lol, your  Troll is even more uglier than Hugman's... I didn't know that's possible.

Good luck with apply!
High functioning sociopath.

May 03, 2010, 08:17:15 am
Reply #2

Offline Sythril

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:17:15 am »
thx

May 03, 2010, 11:51:27 am
Reply #3

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 11:51:27 am »
Hello Sythril i believe i've been with you in a 10man icc group with my priest Waauí along with some Rigor Mortis players at latenight a while ago, Atleast i recall your nickname.
However looking upon your application it is fine experience wise, bit short worded but in general good. Taking a look at your gear it seems decent enough and 4set 251 tier 10 is a good start.. but.. your gemming is rather weird, your losing alot of spellpower and dps in the way you are gemming. First i looked at your Meta-gem. 21crit/2% mana is just a No-go for an elemental shaman, Get Chaotic Skyflare Diamond http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55389 instead ASAP, even though it requires 2 blue sockets, it is very worth it on the 3% crit dmg. You can then socket in the two blues in your Chest piece and in your case i would go for boots, as they give you an 7spellpower bonus and your shoulders only give 5. You can choose free between spellpower and mp5/stam/spellpen it doesn't really matter alot in my opinion, but it is worth it. Then i see your having majority of "yellow" and "red" sockets, however it might seem as the way to go, your actually losing spellpower. Going for Reckless Ametrines will give you 1 extra spellpower for each pair of red+yellow gem changed, seing 1 yellow of 20haste and 1 red of 23 spellpower is then changed into 2 Orange gems, of 12spellpower and 10haste each, which in simple math gives you 1 more spellpower. Not alot but it is better and your having quite a few of those as i can see, think i counted it to 5 more spellpower you would gain, atleast.
One thing on your gear-choice is your one trinket, the 245 toc Emblem bought one, it might have the ilevel but it is absolute crap compared to a trinket like Abyssal Rune, http://www.wowhead.com/item=47213, which is easily farmed in ToC5 normal, this is just an easy example of a better trinket than your current, also Sundial trinket from Emblems of Heroism would be a better choice even. Changing this trinket will also get your hitrating down which you at the moment have quite alot of, your actually way over hitcap, you need about 14% with 3% in talents, and then you can get 3% from Spriests and Moonkins in raids, which leave you to gain only 11% hit roughly, which is around 280 hitrating if i remember correctly :), your on 486 hitrating which gives you no benefit at all.

B-raid already have Grilldyret running as Elemental, but good luck with your application and wait to see for their responses :)

Sidenote also, your cloak is a bit weird, as you don't gain alot from spirit, think the 245 one from Onyxia would be a slight improve but not entirely sure though.
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

May 03, 2010, 12:35:25 pm
Reply #4

Offline Sythril

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:35:25 pm »
Hello Eetion, yes I believe we was in ICC 10 heoric together.
I have been thinking about that trinket from toc 5, and I've been thinking about regemming but I haven't taken me time to. It will be fixed during this day.
Also I know spirit aint good for elemental shamans, but that cloak was better then that cloak I had. So like I rather use that cloak instead of an 219 item level cloak.

May 03, 2010, 01:37:54 pm
Reply #5

Offline Sythril

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:54 pm »
Most of gems fixed, going to fix my trinket later on =)

May 03, 2010, 01:45:37 pm
Reply #6

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 01:45:37 pm »
I forgot to add another thing about your talent Specc, currently you run with:
0/3 Eye of the storm
0/2 Elemental Reach
0/2 Imp. Nova Totem

I would recommend moving your 5 points from Reverberation along with 2 points from Convection (because mana shouldnt be a problem) those should give you some dps increase if you remember to use the abilities on fight, Elemental reach and Eye of the Storm is in my eyes a must have, and i guess the totem is more what you feel since some tend to forget about the nova totem. But the other two are indeed wanted, otherwise i think glyphs are fine :)
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

May 03, 2010, 02:06:54 pm
Reply #7

Offline Sythril

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 02:06:54 pm »
I can fix it but I wont pick the fire nova thingy.

May 03, 2010, 04:14:14 pm
Reply #8

Kilizion

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 04:14:14 pm »
Nice experience, good luck with the application.

May 03, 2010, 10:08:07 pm
Reply #9

Offline Sythril

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:08:07 pm »
Gems, trinket n spec fixed =)

May 04, 2010, 12:30:41 am
Reply #10

Offline Cheerycoke

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 12:30:41 am »
GL dude ! u seems like a decent guy!
I am a mage

May 04, 2010, 12:31:56 am
Reply #11

Offline Idina

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 12:31:56 am »
Hes an alright guy who knows what he is doing, so thumbs upp for him :)

May 04, 2010, 07:56:27 pm
Reply #12

Offline Sythril

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 07:56:27 pm »
I also got a ok enhancement gear, can show you ingame if you ask =)

May 08, 2010, 11:33:37 pm
Reply #13

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 11:33:37 pm »
Hoy!
Application looks quite good! Not sure if adapting to Eetion's comments is a good or a bad thing..! But they were for the better, at least!

I currently lead the B-raid with Hugman, the two of us maintaining as good as 100% attendance. As I am elemental and he is resto, and hazenrage (our enhancement shaman) is stable too, I'm not sure if we can take another elemental shaman. You'd probably be benched 80% of the time, and with 2 raids per week, that's not a lot of raiding :P
Note that it's not because I'm good or anything, I'm just awesome and a leader and stuff.

You could reapply as F&F were Stortiss to pass his trial, but as of now I'll have to say no.
Good luck!

May 20, 2010, 09:38:59 pm
Reply #14

Offline Sythril

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 09:38:59 pm »
I want to raid with Iron Edge's B team.
My ravenous apply was a misunderstanding, I thought B team was full on shamans.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:25:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

93 Guests, 3 Users
Wali, Mooneclipse, Xormn