Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Dunkz - Shadow Priest - B application

January 29, 2011, 11:41:58 pm
Read 3634 times

Offline Dunkz

• Vendor Trash

Dunkz - Shadow Priest - B application
« on: January 29, 2011, 11:41:58 pm »
Personal Information.

Hi, my name is Ethan and I'm an alcoholic. Well, not maybe not yet anyway.

In all seriousness I'm 18 and I'm currently in University studying Computer Science in Ireland. Right now I live with six other students, so sleep and study rarely, if ever, happens.

When I'm not sitting in front of my computer I'm either getting food or playing rugby.

Character Information.

Right now I'm in a state of limbo. I had a handful of exams spread over the last two months, so Cataclysm has kind of escaped my attention. So in saying that I haven't hit 85. I know this could be a stumbling block, but I don't mind taking a social spot while I level and gear and then reconsider my application.

I played Cataclysm for the first week(or so) on my paladin planning on using her during the end-game. Unfortunately, Blizz have experimented with paladins one too many times for me. Paladin - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/fleckz/simple

I've came to the conclusion that I want to play a caster again. So I chose a priest - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/flickz/simple

Raiding.

I'm available most evenings during the week, except Mondays because of rugby training. The odd Wednesday might also be a problem. I can raid every other night, including weekends.

Mondays: Not usually available, but on the odd occasion.
Tuesdays: 5pm GMT onwards.
Wednesdays: 5pm GMT onwards. (Most nights)
Thursdays: 6.30 GMT onwards.
Fridays: 5pm GMT onwards.
Saturday: Whenever required if I'm not out.
Sundays: Whenever required.

Gaming and World of Warcraft history.

I've been playing this game on and off for the past five years. So an embarrassingly long time....

I started around the end of 2005. I rolled literally ten different characters before I came to the conclusion that a human paladin would be best suited to me. I ran around like a headless chicken, with a messed up prot/holy hybrid. Being able to take damage and heal myself seemed like a winner. It wasn't. I looked like a complete winner in BG's with my awesome leather gear. About a month or two into TBC I gave up on my paladin project and picked up an Undead warlock. This was the first character I took seriously. I leveled him quite quick on a new server, Burning Blade. Faster than you can say buttfoot I jumped into heroic dungeons and wiped left, right and centre. Soon enough I was in a raiding guild "The End" and fluting about Karazhan, where I spent most of my middle years in secondary school. When we eventually gathered twenty five people, we hit TK and SSC. Before we folded as a guild we made it to 3/9 in Black Temple.

After a few friends persuaded me to reroll, I went back to paladin. When Wrath hit we raiding five nights a week. What a waste that was. The only hard encounter during 3.0 was three drakes, which we got server second or close third. I raided for five days a week for around three months before it just burnt me out. I quit just after 3.1 hit and never came back until everything was nerfed to hell. I leveled a mage to 80 to waste some time before Uni, but never really played it much, apart from sporadic heroics and battlegrounds.

WoW is definitely not the only game I play. Before I started playing WoW I was quite the clan nut and loved playing FPS' competitively. Counter Strike was my first true gaming addiction, followed by Battlefield 2, 2142 and Company of Heroes. Playing PC games online eventually turned me to WoW. Right now I still dabble in Counter Strike and Battlefield, lose often playing Starcraft and get abused constantly by ten year olds on XBL.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

I hate playing this game and not being in a guild. If I can't find a good group to play with I usually don't play at all. By far the main reason I'm joining is the fact you guys seen to play games with each other outside of WoW, which to me is a major plus. I'm really tired of being in guilds with people that do nothing other than play Warcraft.

Also the casualness of the raid setup here is just what I need.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Apart from my good looks.....

I actually take internet people serious, well not supr srs. I value time as a commodity and I hate mine being wasted and I understand that others feel the same. So I come prepared every night  I raid, with the tactics learned, gear enchanted and gemmed and I bring bloody candles. I also think I treat people with a little respect and understand there are people behind those avatars and its not all about pixel dragons and item levels.

Last words?

I know not being max level isn't the most convenient time to post my application, but I just came across with guild by chance and thought I'd try my arm.

Also I heard you liked pictures that applicants draw, so....when I first joined the internuts and made an xfire account I needed an avatar and seeing as my photoshopping skills were phat back then:

Cool.

January 30, 2011, 12:09:55 am
Reply #1

Offline tronz

• Guild Member

Re: Dunkz - Shadow Priest - B application
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:09:55 am »
not read the app. but gl anyway.
im not sure how many spots we have left, but if we do its atleast a range. we have one shadow priest on trial already. but stay tuned. prob yoica who is going to reply. hugman is being a troll like always.

January 30, 2011, 12:34:55 am
Reply #2

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:34:55 am »
Hey Ethan, thanks for taking interest in IE.

You seem like a nice guy, but I would advise you first to level up and gear up your character before applying for a raiding spot (your priest is lvl 74?). Even if it was max level having no raiding experience on a character you are applying is never a good sign.

I guess this could be considered as community application tho, good luck.

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

January 30, 2011, 12:51:29 am
Reply #3

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 12:51:29 am »
B raid is raiding on monday and tuesday, knowing that You can't attend monday raids aswell as fact that You are 74lvl as Mouse already noticed gives u second to none chance of getting into B raid...

January 30, 2011, 09:29:17 am
Reply #4

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 09:29:17 am »
First of all a well written app! Wish we had more like these.

The B-raid runs on mon/tue and you've said monday's will be problem most of the time. That alone is enough to not trail you. But there are other reasons as well. First of all I get the impression you can't decided which class to play and don't have the patience to stick to one. Secondly get 85 and geared. Thirdly we aren't really looking for a shadow priest atm.

Once you're 85 and geared you can try again. Maybe things have changed by then, but for now good luck with leveling.

As for a community app, Delling will have to give you an answer. Although I doubt it will a positive one.

January 30, 2011, 12:29:48 pm
Reply #5

Offline shankski

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »
nice to meet a fellow computer scientist, im in my 3rd year atm

as the others have already said as b raid goes monday and tuesday it will conflict with your rugby

im sure a social spot would be available so GL

January 30, 2011, 12:42:46 pm
Reply #6

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 12:42:46 pm »
We could do with some English-speaking non-British types! I don't think we've had any Irish since Macha left... and the occasional appearance of Detri, I guess...

And bonus points for the pokemon.
Now I run a tech website.

January 30, 2011, 02:26:08 pm
Reply #7

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 02:26:08 pm »
yeah wtflux , sumone who remembered the pokemon!
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

January 30, 2011, 11:34:19 pm
Reply #8

Offline Deathbreaker

• Former Member

• Vodka?

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 11:34:19 pm »
stop talking about my mom Kage!!

January 30, 2011, 11:56:38 pm
Reply #9

Kilizion

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 11:56:38 pm »
Hey Dunkz, nice application man, poke me if you need some spriest guidance at 85!

January 31, 2011, 09:10:14 am
Reply #10

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 09:10:14 am »
Hey Dunkz, nice application man, poke me if you need some spriest guidance at 85!

Ehehehehehehehehehe or don't if you actually want a shot at being good at it.  ;D
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

January 31, 2011, 11:13:13 am
Reply #11

Kilizion

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 11:13:13 am »

Ehehehehehehehehehe or don't if you actually want a shot at being good at it.  ;D

Obvious troll is obvious. Son, I am disappoint.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:27:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

63 Guests, 0 Users