Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Zyvox Demo/Destro B-raid app

February 22, 2011, 08:45:50 am
Read 5038 times

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

Zyvox Demo/Destro B-raid app
« on: February 22, 2011, 08:45:50 am »
Hello fellow IRON EDGE mates

I am attempting in creating an application for the b-raid and really hope you will consider me.....

Personal Information:

My name is Donavan from South Africa,I am 24yrs of age soon to be 25 on the 18th March,I am currently an IT technician but not really happy in my job due to some issues at work,I used to work for a small network company as well and also managed a restaurant and bar at the age of 19,currently dating the most amazing woman in the world close on 14months hehe,I am r/l friends with Footmunch,Lycanus and Surim(He said I shouldn't mention him but I am cause he is a friend)

Character Information:

Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/zyvox/advanced

I am a level 85 warlock,currently trying out destruction tree but my favourite tree is demonology,i also have a level 64 death knight in which I'm leveling as I go on.I know my gear might not be up to scratch but it is a work in progress,missing 2 enchants,one for wrist and one for head,head enchant I'm working on rep to get that sorted and i haven't got a better wrist so haven't enchanted it.I have done Alchemy and Herbalism and both are finished but still need to learn a few more recipes I rate.I started playing official in October last year to level before Cata was released,so this is my first toon on official wow!!!

Raiding:

Ok well like I said this i my first character on official wow,but previously I played on unofficial servers,one of them was neverendless-wow and then molten-wow,apparently they were the top private servers but who care when you have official right,i raided mostly Naxx,OS and some of ICC,I say some cause the rest of it was scripted correctly,so that's all my raiding experience but I'm not even sure I can count that as experience cause it wasn't official....When it comes to raiding though,I'm serious and don't fool around,when you need to do something you do it,if you say jump out the f##king fire,I'm going to do it,and not just stand there and get burned to death or close to death and put strain on the healers and the raid,all I'm saying is I'm not dumb and if I go through tactics on a boss I wont not know what to do,I can fulfill my role as Dps or Aoe control or at least give it my best of my ability and try again to eventually succeed and reap the rewards haha

Why move to IRON EDGE raiding:

Well i have been part of the community since beginning January I think,and I think its time I got involved more in the raiding and getting to know people alot more,therefore why not move to IRON EDGE raiding,I am really keen to start raiding with all of you and getting tired of dungeons lol

Last words:

I really hope you as an IRON EDGE FAMILY consider this application,I believe I can make some what of a difference to the raid,And Ill give it the best of my ability and be a true raiding with the rest of the guild mates,thanks for reading this,if there is anything more you as guild would like to know don't hesitate to ask me......

Zyvox
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

February 22, 2011, 10:33:02 am
Reply #1

Offline Yoica

• Officer

Re: Zyvox Demo/Destro B-raid app
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:33:02 am »
Replacing one SA lock with another... on top of that all 4 of the SA that raided with us have gone emo!

Your gear is a bit meh, but we do need ppl so we might try you out when we are short of ppl. If you manage to impress us (or at least not fuck up :P) we'll probably extend the trail, but for now I can't garantee anything.

February 22, 2011, 10:38:49 am
Reply #2

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:38:49 am »
dam Africans.
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

February 22, 2011, 10:42:44 am
Reply #3

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:42:44 am »
No glyphs whatsoever + lacking enchants and stuff.
Also work on reputation for head/shoulder enchants and get the rep epics
along with the boe's you can buy.. chest/belt/boe boots. etc
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 22, 2011, 10:49:00 am
Reply #4

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 10:49:00 am »
lol africans unite lol,@doomslay,i already spoke to pluug about my gear and specc and what not this morning,i only changed to destro last night so no glyphs for it,got glyphed for demo,and im sorting out the rep with hyjal to get head enchants and getting rest of enchants tonight when i log on to sort my stuff out
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

February 22, 2011, 10:54:42 am
Reply #5

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:54:42 am »
Cool! sounds good.
hope we can give you a trial, good luck!
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 22, 2011, 11:07:03 am
Reply #6

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:07:03 am »
Thanks doomslay,gonna try my best if I get on trial

February 22, 2011, 12:14:57 pm
Reply #7

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 12:14:57 pm »
Hope you get a trial mate. We had a couple of chats and you are a really friendly guy and I'm sure you are serious and dedicated  to what you do. These abilitys and the will to listen to others and improve are key to become a good raider.

Don't know if you done it or not but make sure to read up on your class on elitist jerks and such sites. 

You are already in the guild and B-raid is often looking for more dps in guild chat, don't see why they shouldn't give you a couple of raids, at least as a standby to show what you got.

Good luck mate!

February 22, 2011, 02:17:10 pm
Reply #8

Offline doopie

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 02:17:10 pm »
We could always use some extra ppl for optimal raid setup or have someone to replace.
Its best to play your favorite talent but try to master at least 2 trees.
If you like to play demo i encourage you to keep doing that. Just switch to destro on certain fights when its really needed.
A other thing is that you need to rework your talents, some are really strange and not suited for pve.
Poke me in-game and i will help you to sort them out.
When I walk through the shadow of the valley of death
I will fear no evil, cause I'm the biggest son of a b***ch in the Valley

February 22, 2011, 02:43:39 pm
Reply #9

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 02:43:39 pm »
thanks skink for your kind post,im really excited to get started when needed i should be ready,been watching some vids today at work lol and trying to get as much info on tactics as possible but obviously being in a raid situation i would learn tact much quicker,@doopie thanks i might get hold of you in game for some help but pluug has helped this morning if he not avail in game and you are online i will get hold of you,im sorting out my glyphs for destro tonight when i get home from work,re-speccing properly and sorting out some enchants and what not,but after an hour or so after work i should be raid ready.....so excited and nervous at the same time,see you guys online

Zyvox

February 22, 2011, 02:49:39 pm
Reply #10

Kilizion

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 02:49:39 pm »
From IRC you seem to be a very nice fellow and have a good reputation with the people in the guild. But how stable is your connection, do you have power cuts, do you run out of bandwidth and can't make the last raid of the month, do you get bored of your class and just leave? All common symptoms of someone from South Africa, only stable ones in the guild are Kagemoth (who lives in England anyway) and Footmunch (sort of). I think you're a nice guy, but B Raid wants stable people, don't commit if you're just going to let people down. Good luck with your application mate.

February 22, 2011, 02:52:44 pm
Reply #11

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 02:52:44 pm »
I have faith in this guy, he seems a pretty cool.

I'd love to trial you but its not upto me, Hugman probably doesn't have time to check the forum today, so just hang around online at raidtime!
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 22, 2011, 03:01:34 pm
Reply #12

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 03:01:34 pm »
thanks Tynx,lol at powercuts,i dont get power cuts,and if we do its during the day only and not for long so if for some strange reason i got a powercut late at night i would come on as soon as possible or log onto irc on my blackberry and say hey mates my power is out can you let so and so know,my connection is pretty stable,have had one case about a month ago when it went down for an hour and then back up but that was awhile ago,and i dont think ill get bored of my class,its a fun class to play :)

Oh yea there's is something else that might jeopardize my app for raiding is that once a month on a tuesday i take my girl friend out for supper,just wanted to get that out so at least im honest from the start,thanks for the luck Tynx,will prob need it with this app

February 22, 2011, 03:11:26 pm
Reply #13

Kilizion

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 03:11:26 pm »
Positive replies, honest man right here it seems, thumbs up from me.

February 22, 2011, 03:18:07 pm
Reply #14

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 03:18:07 pm »
Question: what are your thoughts on Leo DiCaprios south african accent?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:25:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

107 Guests, 2 Users
hemoroidtv, Xormn