Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 sc2 Rage thread. 'Cause we really need one.

September 20, 2010, 06:12:25 pm
Reply #60

Kilizion

Re: sc2 Rage thread. 'Cause we really need one.
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2010, 06:12:25 pm »
There really is a problem with all zerg being on some ego trip thinking they're much better than they really are, and that their losses are mainly due to imbalance.

This tbh.

September 20, 2010, 06:28:42 pm
Reply #61

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2010, 06:28:42 pm »
Wow. Are you really implying that i watch bad people play. I only watch top zergs
and by top zergs i mean CellaWeRRa, PhoenixWeRRa, Sen , Rigid and even despite the
fact that they are really good sports about it , there is no denying that when you
watch Terrans playing at 1/5th of thier skill lvl and having close games that the
game is not just broken EARLY_GAME but LATE_GAME aswell.

Not saying your outright wrong Palmar, but that generalisation is just too large to
ignore.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

September 20, 2010, 06:36:43 pm
Reply #62

Offline Palmar

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:43 pm »
but it is actually a problem.

the numbers are pulled out of my ass, but you can probably see where I'm going with it.

If you play against terrans on the ladder for 100 games, and you win 40 of them, and lose 60. If the game was balanced you'd probably have won 50 and lost 50.

The problem is that you'll likely blame at least 50 of those losses on imbalance, when you should be blaming 10 on imbalance, and 50 on simple mistakes.

you get it?

It's a dangerous road to go down, and it's really hard to maintain perspective...
Trolls are awesome!

September 20, 2010, 06:47:23 pm
Reply #63

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 06:47:23 pm »
Just watched rigid fight another turle/expand toward your apponent Terran. Unbeatable. Rigid stopped the reaper bunker. Stopped the Thor drop and stoppd the cloack banshee. The terran was SO bad but there was nothing he could do about it.
1 battle and the game was over.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

September 22, 2010, 09:36:36 am
Reply #64

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2010, 09:36:36 am »
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... why does SC2 have to be down at the same time as WoW :-[

WTB offline mode without needing to log into Bnet 1st.

September 30, 2010, 11:49:03 am
Reply #65

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

• It's all in your mind...

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 11:49:03 am »
So... Let us begin this with a lil story...

A long time ago... In SC2 Beta there was a Zerg unit, he was called the Ultralisk. Being brought over from the land low-resolution and low-pixels however didn't agree with him: he was clumsy and pretty much useless, especially regarding his splash.

Then Blizzard blessed him with an amazing ability to fix the poor clumsy fellow, they modified his splash to work like so: unit size +2. This was amazing! Okay maybe not law defying, change the world as we know it ground breaking achievement but it made poor Ultralisk go from useless to... Okay...ish.

Then patch 1.1 came along, they decided to let Ultralisks splash buildings, since their Ram attack was getting mixed results and things like the Planetary Fortress (AKA: the DOOM-KILL ALL ZERG GROUND UNITS THAT DARE CROSS ITS PATH-FORTRESS OF PAIN!) when accompanied by repairing SCV's that made it near invincible!

However Blizzard clearly don't test their patches as well as they make out to (they announced this dam patch a month in advance and still let this slip by!), and they clearly forgot about their buff to make Ultralisks worthwhile (splash = unit size +2) and this lead to extreme results that resulted in many Terran QQ's that flooded the forums like never before.

So Blizzard defended their pride and joy as quickly as possible, after all Terran having to actually fight for their victories was unheard of! So they quickly release a "hotfix" and modify the entire way the splash damage works, forgetting that they originally did this to buff the almost useless Ultralisk instead of just making a modified version that only affected buildings...
The sad results:

Goodbye Mr. Ultralisk, perhaps in Heart of the Swarm you won't be as useful as a bowl of rice with a single chopstick.

September 30, 2010, 12:44:13 pm
Reply #66

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 12:44:13 pm »
know what you mean dude. Its like , that is our t3 and its so fucking clunky that
i dont even want to use it , you even have to upgade it before u make it or it is
TOTALLY useless. Then i watched Decemvre yesterday , man its so fucking pathetic ,
Zerg CANNOT just engage. He needs to do fucking surrounds and get perfect banelings
into the marines , attack before the tanks siege. All this shit and then terran comes
and A-Moves and kills EVERY FUCKING THING ON THE MAP, while losing like 3 marines.

It sickens me even more knowing that a zerg needs to be a fucking beast to even
reach that stage of the game , cause the terran (reaper , banshee or helions)
harrass is actually good , where as we cant even do that cause there is a fucking
terran wall. Look at the replays thread. The last replays i linked there. You will
see how This 2nd terran just leaves game cuase most simply don't know how to react if
there are units in the base.

September 30, 2010, 12:54:27 pm
Reply #67

Offline Palmar

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 12:54:27 pm »
know what you mean dude. Its like , that is our t3 and its so fucking clunky that
i dont even want to use it , you even have to upgade it before u make it or it is
TOTALLY useless. Then i watched Decemvre yesterday , man its so fucking pathetic ,
Zerg CANNOT just engage. He needs to do fucking surrounds and get perfect banelings
into the marines , attack before the tanks siege. All this shit and then terran comes
and A-Moves and kills EVERY FUCKING THING ON THE MAP, while losing like 3 marines.

It sickens me even more knowing that a zerg needs to be a fucking beast to even
reach that stage of the game , cause the terran (reaper , banshee or helions)
harrass is actually good , where as we cant even do that cause there is a fucking
terran wall. Look at the replays thread. The last replays i linked there. You will
see how This 2nd terran just leaves game cuase most simply don't know how to react if
there are units in the base.

Just need to adapt.

Zerg is very viable, as can be seen on Cool's play in the GSL

But maybe it's not for you, switching from zerg to protoss is very easy. Terran takes slightly more adaptation.

Trolls are awesome!

September 30, 2010, 01:23:58 pm
Reply #68

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2010, 01:23:58 pm »
Zerg is very viable, as can be seen on Cool's play in the GSL.
Why do you have to be a pro just to make Zerg even viable? You don't have to be a beast of a player to win with Terran or Protoss. You gotta be playing an ace-game or be in a totally different skill-league of your opponent to be on equal footing.

But maybe it's not for you, switching from zerg to protoss is very easy. Terran takes slightly more adaptation.
Er... Yeah... Sure... I remember when Footmunch accidently got Terran the one time, we told him "just build marines and marauders!" over TS and he won! The poor Zerg he was playing against didn't stand a chance...

When I used to play Random on the ladder, when I got Terran it was a free win. I have a 100% win-rate as Terran vs Protoss/Zerg (and I've only lost 1 TvT). I used to appologize to my opponent at the start of the game if I randomed Terran. :o

September 30, 2010, 01:32:40 pm
Reply #69

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 01:32:40 pm »
Fruitdealer > Your arguments.

Stop blaming the game you horribles.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

September 30, 2010, 01:37:59 pm
Reply #70

Offline Palmar

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2010, 01:37:59 pm »
Who cares if you have to be good to play zerg. It's common knowledge that in BW (which is widely considered the most balanced and best RTS ever made) Protoss were a shitton easier to pick up and play than the other two races.

But that didn't change the fact that the game was balanced.
Trolls are awesome!

September 30, 2010, 01:58:46 pm
Reply #71

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2010, 01:58:46 pm »
Don't you mean Fruitseller? Atleast thats what Day[9], PsY and Husky call him. And if so, that guy is an absolute beast of a player.
Which doesn't make my arguements null, it just proves the point that you have to have perfect skills and make no mistakes what-so-ever to be even close to equal footing.

You make a mistake with Zerg and you've most likely lost the game, you make a mistake with Terran or Protoss and the game is still up in the air waiting to be claimed.

Me(and anyone else) being able to faceroll(AKA: stimroll) and go into Diamond with Terran is a problem.

PS: A brilliant read:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/777578299

September 30, 2010, 02:04:44 pm
Reply #72

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2010, 02:04:44 pm »
He hardly played perfect - he did play very good.

But we are far from his level and he's battling it out vs Top Terran players either way.
Instead of crying omgnurf, try to go around the problem you're having instead.

You have all the tools and utilities, put energy into using those correctly before crying nerf - later when you do play a perfect game and still lose then I will surely agree that X is underpowered or Y is OP.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

September 30, 2010, 02:12:46 pm
Reply #73

Offline Illusion

• Community Member

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2010, 02:12:46 pm »
later when you do play a perfect game and still lose then I will surely agree that X is underpowered or Y is OP.

That is the whole point! Why the heck should I have to play a perfect game where one tiny mistake can mean my entire downfall, but if I play Terran or Protoss I can make mistakes without worrying about losing the game right then and there?

If that isn't a clear sign of imbalance then what is?

September 30, 2010, 02:12:51 pm
Reply #74

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2010, 02:12:51 pm »

Stop blaming the game you horribles.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=155310

No. Don't nach. Just don't.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:51:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

272 Guests, 3 Users
Chelly, hemoroidtv, Ricovega