Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Maxxington

October 19, 2017, 05:17:57 pm
Read 4255 times

Applicant

Social Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Maxxington
« on: October 19, 2017, 05:17:57 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Maxxington
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Maxxington/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Name: Maximilian (most people just say Max tho, which I prefer anyway)
Work: I study Theoretical Physics in Linz, and currently am in my 7th (=1st Master) Semester.

Class/Spec:

Coming back after almost 3 years, I thought Shadow priests to be especially interesting both Gameplay- and Lore wise. I still think they are, yet do not really enjoy them, especially after noticing, that the Disc Specc (which I enjoyed too) has been changed completely.

Thus, I went back to Unholy DK, which I spent a fair share of time with in MoP. I generally like the theme of it, as well as the many possibilities the specc brings to the table in PvP. I am also planning to man up for Blood, because I want to give Tanking a try.

Alts:

Apart from my Death Knight, I still have that ol' Shadow Priest rocking it at level 105.

Professions:

Herbalism/Alchemy - I just started with it though, so I don't have a whole lot to offer yet.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Before quitting around mid-MoP I was a pretty much exclusive PvPer, mainly playing Mage and Uh-DK. (I don't remember the ratings exactly - I think it was around 2k in 3s on both classes, and 2.1k in 2s with the DK).
I never really enjoyed playing rated BG, mainly because I didn't have a constant group. The last time i played them with any seriousness was back in Cataclysm.

Previous Guilds:

I have been an active member in a few guilds, before I quitted the game, and still am in contact with some people who grew especially dear to me. On Kazzak, I just joined a random one to take profit of the Guild perks like sweet 15min Hearthstones.
Since my character is capped now, I am looking for a more consistent community, simply because I always enjoyed being able to socialize via VoIP with a steady group.

Availability:

A hard question to answer, because I do not have fixed schedules - however if I sign up to participate to some (Guild-) event, I will be there for sure.

Communication:

I am fluent in written and spoken english and german, and speak a little bit of spanish as well (though not really good anymore.) As for VoIP, I am on TS, Discord and Skype. I do have a microphone and use it quite regularly.

Computer / Connection:

On my current settings (higher Medium) WoW runs at around 80-100 fps. My ping is around 30 on Kazzak, which seems to be kind of the limit based on my location -  I've had that ping even before upgrading my internet plan. If a connection issue occurs, it is mainly because the service provider is doing some maintenance job, which shouldnt be an issue, because they only occur once a month at max and are mostly done in the morning.

Addons/UI:

As I have just  rejoined the game, and am still working on gearing up while doing some pvp, my UI is rather minimalistic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5jPFdyPAxmVUUxzR0E1UFpqSG8/view?usp=sharing

All relevant key bindings are shown. The macros are mostly used to account for focus-targets and pet management.

Other Games:

I play a fair share of League of Legends (@Gold V), mainly with RL friends.

Why Iron Edge?

I saw someone in Trade Chat, advertising for the guild, and that it has a website. Without much expectation, i checked it out and found it to be actually well maintained and written in good humor. With that in mind, I decided to give it a go, since, as mentioned earlier, I was looking for a consistent guild and a well-made website normally is a sign of well dedicated people.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A friendly and open minded character, with a joy for science, followup jokes and chocolate cake. I am still working on finding my way back into the game, which just takes a little time. After that, I would like to try out Raiding, and also get back into more serious (however serious it can be) PvP.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Trade Chat (though the message has already passed by being pulled into the endless void of /2, making it impossible to determine the poster.)

Last Words?

If Phoenixflame is reading this: Will me being a proud Golden Retriever owner get me extra credit, or no?

October 20, 2017, 11:00:45 am
Reply #1

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

Re: Social Application - Death Knight (DPS/Tank) - Maxxington
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 11:00:45 am »
If Phoenixflame is reading this: Will me being a proud Golden Retriever owner get me extra credit, or no?

I'm afraid we require photographic evidence of such claims.

October 20, 2017, 01:26:27 pm
Reply #2

Offline Maxxington

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 01:26:27 pm »
I'm afraid we require photographic evidence of such claims.

OP delivers (though only as a link - the picture is too big for a forum on the interwebs)
https://i.imgur.com/oDK902Z.jpg

October 20, 2017, 02:09:20 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 02:09:20 pm »
It doesn't look photoshoped. Hmm.
Ba dun tss!

October 21, 2017, 09:19:20 am
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:19:20 am »
Nice app, nice dog.

Welcome to the guild!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

October 21, 2017, 12:16:48 pm
Reply #5

Offline Maxxington

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 12:16:48 pm »
It doesn't look photoshoped. Hmm.

that's because it isn't  :P

Nice app, nice dog.

Welcome to the guild!

awesome, thanks! I suppose I just have to /w an officer now, right?

October 21, 2017, 12:21:00 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 12:21:00 pm »
Yeah, if you spam rashkebab with the words inv plix :) or XD he will invite you, failing that you can poke phoenix, xorm, moon or narco. If you do a who on these guys and look for iron edge members you will find them.

Welcome.
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

October 21, 2017, 12:39:45 pm
Reply #7

Offline Maxxington

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 12:39:45 pm »
Alright thanks :) I'll see if I can get hold of any of them :D And thanks again for the warm welcome

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:26:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

147 Guests, 0 Users