Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Ghostcrawler is wise

May 14, 2009, 02:37:02 am
Reply #30

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

Re: Ghostcrawler is wise
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 02:37:02 am »
Well... leme say it this way, DPS follows rotations and it all goes down as u predict "I spam 111 then 2, then 111, then 3, then 111" n so on its all in the rotation u keep up, but there is no such thing for healers, i cant say "ok im gona spam low heals untill the Tank gets hit then il trow a BIG heal yay!" why not? well by the time i cant that 2-3sec heal the tank is out for the count.

On the other hand its not all about spamming as well even tho it seams Paladins do it the most, take for instance "Iron Council, or before that fucking caster bitch on Kael'thas" Paladins have to time Heals for those bosses very well, since the dmg taken is huge.

And as Kage said, its about thinking ahead, whats gona happen now, and knowing in ur head from boss experiance how much % of the tanks HP can the boss take down and how fast, that is prob the only true source of knowledge u got, that shows u how flexible u can be on a boss.

As well iv done Muru many times... and for me that was by far the hardest encounter for me, (gg Dell making me solo heal Nox -.-) there i actually had to focus 100% and look @ what my tank was doing, since mana was so tight i couldn't afford to overheal.

I can understand how someone who does DPS can find healing boring, but lol trust me, it takes almost no brains 2 play a dpser (YEAH I SAID IT!) just rotations n gg!

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

May 14, 2009, 03:08:20 am
Reply #31

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 03:08:20 am »
im gonna rotate on your ass supremacy. GG!
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

May 14, 2009, 09:59:28 am
Reply #32

Offline Ellori

• Former Member

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 09:59:28 am »
I can understand how someone who does DPS can find healing boring, but lol trust me, it takes almost no brains 2 play a dpser (YEAH I SAID IT!) just rotations n gg!

I used to be a full-time healer, Supremacy, in which case you don't understand me at all. :)

My point here was not that DPS is hard in raids, because it's not. For my part though, it's more fun than healing. My point was that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to play a healer either.

Just like Palmar writes, it's about overview vs. focus. I find focus more challenging.

May 15, 2009, 12:51:27 am
Reply #33

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 12:51:27 am »
Well u healed 5man grps n such... cant rly be compared to Kael pre nerf, or Muru pre nerf, on Muru u know as soon  as u start doing him the right way that its fucking unreal :) as well, u played a drood, Drood healers back then like i think Kage said just rotated hots and thats it, they couldent go oom, and weren't rly a especially strong healing class in pve, now Paladins weren't as well, altho no one could heal Tanks like we did, but we had serious Mana issues on Muru.

From my view point, dpsers have it much easier then healers, u never hear Delling saying, "U sux Ale, u whiped us" or "Ur just shit dont whipe my raid!" Why? cos its on the healers shoulders to keep the raid up and, this is a hard word for dps "Think ahead".

But as a Mage i can understand how u think dpsing is hard, 2 buttons and standing in 1 place the entire fight must be a killer! xD <3

P.s. A bit of trolling and a bit of truth in what i wrote, so dont go emo on meh! :)

And in the end, the main reason its hard to be a healer, is the responsibility.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:53:02 am by Supremacy »

May 15, 2009, 01:11:50 am
Reply #34

Offline Fuzion

• Guild Member

• Paper Bender
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:50 am »
I think it would be better to look at the game from a far away viewpoint.

It is a dynamic game, meaning with every update a class gets nerfed and another gets buffed. This causes the classes roles to change in boss encounters very often. Some encounters are easier for some classes, some arent.

Though I do agree that healing has more stress because the individuals reactions are very important. (same for MT) In some encounters a DPS player is given a responsibility according to the bosses tactics and needs to execute it correctly otherwise the raid could wipe becuse of that single player. On the other hand healers always have some sort of pressure on them. (Depending on the encounter)

Just my 2 cents.
Check my Tumblr.

May 15, 2009, 05:33:48 am
Reply #35

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 05:33:48 am »
From my view point, dpsers have it much easier then healers, u never hear Delling saying, "U sux Ale, u whiped us" or "Ur just shit dont whipe my raid!" Why? cos its on the healers shoulders to keep the raid up and, this is a hard word for dps "Think ahead".

Gidra (Gynna) wiped us plenty in Sunwell :P
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 15, 2009, 05:38:45 am
Reply #36

Offline Thecurse

• Guild Member

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 05:38:45 am »
this is so shit, all of it except the raid leader.

I have played tank, melee dps,ranged dps, healed whatever, its all fun, frustrating, challenging and demands focus some more on specific fights all I have to say really.

but for the raidleader, I for one couldnt take the pressure, frustration in leading the raids, sure I would take the happiness of downing a boss but the times u try on him, u have to stay cool and all, at all times, not a job for me, so heads up for raidleaders :P

May 15, 2009, 05:50:50 am
Reply #37

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 05:50:50 am »
I for one love raid leading. And let's all remember, this game isn't very hard. When it comes to tthe dps vs healer stuff, I'm sure under the most stressful situations, healing is a bit harder - on a "everyday" basis, keeping rotations up is probably harder.

A raid leading tank must surely be the hardest role to play in a raid!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

May 15, 2009, 06:10:30 am
Reply #38

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 06:10:30 am »
Raid leading is as hard as the raid makes it.  If everybody turned up knowing tactics, listened to vent and generally played well, it would be the easiest job in the world.  We, however, have people asking 'Insanity? what is this?' after 2 hours of wiping on Yogg :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 06:58:36 am by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 15, 2009, 06:29:12 am
Reply #39

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 06:29:12 am »
INSANE!

Well sure, but leading is alot about making right choices..so it's allmost allways gonna be hard!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

May 15, 2009, 06:58:59 am
Reply #40

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 06:58:59 am »
Not all choices are hard.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

May 15, 2009, 09:03:44 am
Reply #41

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 09:03:44 am »
Raid leading is as hard as the raid makes it.  If everybody turned up knowing tactics, listened to vent and generally played well, it would be the easiest job in the world.  We, however, have people asking 'Insanity? what is this?' after 2 hours of wiping on Yogg :)

QFT

And yes, Supremacy, DPS in IE often gets the blame when it is right and proper :) After all, it is usually DPS who end up standing in the fire. All about that focus!

May 15, 2009, 10:04:04 am
Reply #42

Offline Ellori

• Former Member

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 10:04:04 am »
But as a Mage i can understand how u think dpsing is hard, 2 buttons and standing in 1 place the entire fight must be a killer! xD <3

When did I say DPS was hard? Quote me please. In return, I'll quote the 3 times I repeated in this thread DPS is easy. And so is healing.

May 15, 2009, 11:38:58 am
Reply #43

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 11:38:58 am »
And let's all remember, this game isn't very hard.

Hmmm. In danger of making me look like a fool, but is this "WoW = easy game" really fitting when talking about our current content = Ulduar hard modes?
Note that I'm not talking about silly AOE EVERYTHING Naxxramas or doing solo missions/5 man dungeons. Those are indeed incredible simple.

For me, Ulduar hard modes require the following:
  • browse web sites in advance for tactics and encounter information
  • browse web sites for character optimization
  • install and set up addons
  • perform tactic during encounter in conjunction with 24 other people
  • watch my own & boss timers, adjust positioning, watch health, adjust to situational tactic changes

I don't know what other games you folks play, but here's a list of some of my recent games and their difficulty:

GTA 4 (X360): average, some missions are hard/annoying due to length
Fallout 3 (PC): easy, the only slightly challenging parts were the Deathclaws
Prince of Persia (X360): pisseasy, you actually can't die at all
X-Men Origins Wolverine: easy (constant checkpoints and self-healing)
Dead Space: easy/average
Resident Evil 5 (X360): easy

And none of those games require me to research any tactics or customize my GUI to actually be able to perform OKish.
Just compare your average game UI to a WoW UI. While every other game gets less and less onscreen UI items, WoW gets more and more.

May 15, 2009, 01:40:53 pm
Reply #44

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 01:40:53 pm »
DPS is easy. And so is healing.

And like i said u played a Resto Drood in 5 man encounters :) ofc its gonna be ez Ellori.

Im just trolling a bit, but im sure there r some bosses where the dps has to use brains at some point, like YS to stop dps in p1 or in p2 to come out of the portals, or on Freya to stop dps on the lashers, n so on, im sure there r many bosses right now that demand some sort of responsibility and awareness from the dps, but all that doesn't come close to what healers have to put up with.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:41:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

245 Guests, 1 User
Gaeios(Graxlos)