Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Simpyz

May 09, 2019, 05:37:30 pm
Read 3878 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Simpyz
« on: May 09, 2019, 05:37:30 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Simpyz
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Simpyz/advanced
Class/Spec: Demon Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

Pelle, 25 years old from northen Sweden. I study at University and work extra at the weekends as a secutity guard at a local night club.

Class/Spec:

Havoc. Vengeance is not competitive at all right now tho, but I have knowledge about the spec and can play it for bosses where a 3rd tank is necessary, however I have a lot of other geared tanks that probably fit that spot better.
414eq

Rotation depends on what talents I play with, but here below is the basic talents

Demonic build with Chaotic Transformation opener:
Immolation Aura (2sec before pull) > Eye Beam > Death Sweep > Meta > Death Sweep > Anni spam til 30 fury (Don't go below) > Eye Beam , after that just be close to 30 fury when Eye Beam is off cd and use blade dance on cd and try and line up pot, meta, bl, trinket procs etc together.

Alts:

Blood dk - 413 ilvl eq, 2k raider.io score, hc experience in raiding
Prot warrior - 410 ilvl eq - 2.1k raider.io score, hc experience in raiding
Boomie - 410 ilvl eq, hc experience in raiding
Mage - 410 ilvl eq, 9/11m Antorus, 6/8m Uldir exp (Social raiding with a Swedish guild named Untamed)
Brewmaster monk - 410 ilvl eq, hc experience in raiding
Warlock - 375 ilvl, mythic exp from Antorus.

I have no problem with playing tank when someone is sick or is on vacation. Boomie is main alt.

Professions:

Alchemy + Engineering, combat rezz in m+ and 2h flasks

Raiding Experience:

Rogue - CE in Hellfire CItadel and Highmaul. Stopped after WoD and came back in Antorus as Mage but I was working night shift and had bad attendance, so played for fun in a Swedish guild. 9/11m in Antorus and then 6/8m in Uldir as both Mage and Demon Hunter. I started in University during Uldir, but continued to play as a social in the guild but spent more time with friends in mythic+. But I miss the good old days with progression and want to start over from beginning in a new guild and getting a few CE together!

Previous Guilds:

Untamed - I started with Wow again a few weeks after Antorus was released, I just levled up a character and joined the first Swedish guild that I found and played with them for fun.

Do You Even Raid Bro - Was just part of the guild for social raiding in BoD with 2 IRL friends, but stopped playing when I realised that it was really boring to play with bad people :-)

Availability:

Will not be able to play 4-11 June because of my sister's exam.
Avaible pretty much every day after school/work. I am at school 08-15.

Communication:

Yes! Communication is the key to success!

Computer / Connection:

I have a good and stable connection, never had any problems with my internet - 250/100mbit/s, Low ping. Good computer aswell.

Addons/UI:

Weakaura - Quality of life
Bigwigs - Be able to see upcoming mechanics
Elvui - customize my UI '
Details! - See overall dps, reason for deaths etc
Exorsus Raid Tools - Inspect raid group and overall overview of the raid group, 2nd pots etc
NamePlateAuras - Easier to see stuns and big cd's of raid members

https://i.imgur.com/HwN8MmG.jpg

Other Games:

-

Why Iron Edge?

I'm mainly looking for a CE guild, because raiding is what I love most. The main reason why I send an application to Iron Edge is because the guild have a good history from previous expansions/tiers. I am not here for a quick CE and then leave, I want a new home for a loooong time!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

High attendence. Good knowledge about my class and I learn quick from my and other misstakes. I usally have good knowledge of the fights overall and can adjust and do specific jobs when someone dies. I have many geared alts that I can join on specific fights when needed for special jobs like running orbs or when a third tank is needed.
I spend a lot of my spare time in mythic+ and can offer a lot of hours together there . Relationships should be built outside of raids aswell :-)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

I do mainly look for a trial to 8.2. I don't expect to join in middle of a tier. I haven't been that active this tier and would prefer to be prepared before progression.

May 09, 2019, 07:32:03 pm
Reply #1

Online Pratiarch

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Demon Hunter (DPS) - Simpyz
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 07:32:03 pm »
Hello Pelle

A fine application, what is your stance on Denmark and it's people?

-Prat

May 10, 2019, 10:20:50 am
Reply #2

Offline Simpyz

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 10:20:50 am »
Hello Pratiarch!

Denmark is a lovely country, mostly because of their cheap beer compared to Sweden. It’s most likely the cheap beer that makes the people in Denmark so nice to play with aswell. I could definitely consider meeting a Danish girlfriend if she completed a few language courses first!

//Simpyz

May 10, 2019, 02:00:00 pm
Reply #3

Online Pratiarch

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:00:00 pm »
I am pleased with this response.

-Prat

May 10, 2019, 04:25:58 pm
Reply #4

Offline Cylanthro

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 04:25:58 pm »
Oh come on! The Danish maffia does not need this kind of confidence booster... Good luck on the application though. We can always use more countrymen even if they're in the habit of flattering these nothern Germans!

May 12, 2019, 02:12:16 pm
Reply #5

Offline klikbangklak

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 02:12:16 pm »
Hello Simp

How do you feel about Felbade + Demon Blades. vs Blind Fury + Immolation Aura?

Seeing like its the only viable difference in talents, if not the odd fel barrage on massive AoE fights.

-Klikbang"You might not hear the"klak
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 03:20:38 pm by klikbangklak »

May 12, 2019, 04:02:43 pm
Reply #6

Offline Simpyz

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 04:02:43 pm »
Hello klikbang!

Blind Fury + Immolation aura used to be the standard build that most people used, very easy build to play. You almost play it without thinking, everything you have to plan is to not overcap resources, always have fury for blade dance and try to be close to 30 fury when Eye Beam is ready to not waste rage from Blind Fury.

Felblade + Demon Blades + Master of the Glaive build seems to be the "new" standard build for most bosses because of the ST focus on most bosses. I haven't really been raiding seriously in BoD, and actually nothing at all right now, but I tried it out in HC and it was a fun rotation and definitely worth it on ST focused fights together with Gale-Force striking enchant. I felt like a big pumper with the haste buff from Furiouz Gaze activated (Azerite trait) and it was fun. But to answer your question, it's definitely the go to spec to use right now for bosses with ST focus!

I usally only play mythic+ right now and Demonic Appetite + Immolation Aura is my standard build there. Demonic Appetite is soo much funnier to play and really strong for those kind of environments. I prefer that setup instead of Blind Fury.

Fel barrage is a funny talent setup aswell together with the haste trinket from Shrine. Unfortunately, there isn't that many fights like that. It was really strong and fun at Zek'voz and Mythrax in Uldir for an example, where the adds lined up perfectly at both bosses for trinket+fel barrage ;-)

- Sim "I hope to see you soon" Pyz

May 14, 2019, 12:07:39 am
Reply #7

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 12:07:39 am »
Hi Simpyz,
Unfortunately we're not really in need of melee at the moment as we're very tight as it is. However if you would like to take the chance to see how things look for 8.2, you're welcome to join as a social until then. If this doesn't interest you, then I wish you the best of luck finding a place in another guild  :)

Thanks,
Shimmar

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:38:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

67 Guests, 3 Users
Pratiarch, Tyssar, Phoenixflame