Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 App Iron edge Zulkir

September 15, 2008, 07:36:55 pm
Read 4285 times

Offline Zulkir

• Vendor Trash

App Iron edge Zulkir
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:36:55 pm »

Character Name: Zulkir
    Character Class: Priest/Shadow
    Character Level: 70
    Character Build: 14/0/47

WoW Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ahn%27Qiraj&n=Zulkir

raid experience:

Pre-TBC
    Zul'gurub - Cleared
    AQ 20 - Cleared
    Molten Core - Cleared
    Black Wing Lair - Cleared

TBC
    Karazhan - Cleared
    Gruul's lair - Cleared
    Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared
    SSC - Cleared
    The Eye - Cleared
    Mount Hyjal - Cleared
    Black Temple -Cleared
    SWP- Muru 65%

Faction status and rank:
    Champion of naaru & hand of a'dal
    most of TBC factions is exalted

About you self:
    living in Denmark in a small city. using most of my time on work/ wow at the moment and aswell trying to invest in stocks and apartments in europa bulgaria/Spain.
    using most of my weekends partying whit my friends or just some good Danish (hygge)= drinking beer :P.

Tell us about the role of your class in raiding (and how your spec helps you accomplish this). Include in this discussion the consumables that you would normally have for every raid. Additionally, if you use alternate gear in some situations, explain that briefly for us..
    the Shadow priests role in a raid is mainly to keep up the mana reg and make buff for the lock dps and pump dps aswell them selfs. Some bosses/trash require dispelling and fearward/mindsooth provide the best utility to handle those situations.  but also be able to change your playstyle accordingly to the tasks that need to be done. Being a DPS hero and not dispelling or sheilding people is bad and shows that you have no idea of what your raid role is.
    Since DPS/ mana reg is a part of every boss encounter it should of course be your main focus when you specc.

On the gear part there's the old saying:
    Hit(until capped) > spell dmg > haste > crit

----------------------------
    For raids I normally use Wizard Oil + Flask of Pure Death + Blackened Basillisk(23 spelldmg+20 spirit ones) as it provides that best stats and in good quatities.

For raids I normally bring:
    5x Flask of Pure death
    60x Mana potions
    20x major shadow power
    20x Adept's elixirs
    20x Major Mage Blood potions
    20x Blackened Basillisk
    15x sporefish mp5 food buff
    20x Bandages
    10 Charges of Wizard Oil
    5x superior mana oil

might seem a little extreme on some points, but I always keep all the needed comsumables on me at all time, or else I tend to forget half of them.

I havent stacked up Destruction potions yet, Of course they will be brought to raids in sufficient amounts when needed.

I'm still Alch/Tail since they were my pre-TBC professions. I am thinging about dropping Alchemy in favour of engenering so I can craft ùber head item but don't know yet.   

What don’t you like about your class in raids? Do you often want to spec differently (e.g. “I’m a fury warrior but it drives me nuts and I’d much prefer MS”)?
    I must admit I find it important to mention what I like about my class as well as what I dont like:

What I like:
    Different to some people's beliefs I see the shadow Priest, primary job of keeping up nice dps and mana reg for the party/ buff dps for the locks. Many people role the priest class and expect an easy time, normally they do well but are always 10% behind the ones who have been on far more bosses on their priest and not some other class. I especially like that you need to approach bosses with aggression in order to own meters....? haha agro meter:P, which is why you need to be 100% focused while playing your shadow P to keep that spirit.

What I dont like:
    hmm..the dps are a bit lower then the rest like a Mage/lock but again the Shadow P is most of all a raid buffer.

Raid Availability - This includes parents permission to be on for minors. We don't need you leaving mid-raid.
    Monday   (19:30-24:00) - yes
    Tuesday  (19:30-24:00) - yes
    Wednesday(19:30-24:00) - yes
    Thursday (19:30-24:00) - yes
    Sunday   (19:30-24:00) - yes
    [/list]

Based on 5 days of raiding a week, how many days would you expect to be on?:
    It is pretty much possible for me to be on every day. I do have some things IRL mostly family/friends related which I like to attend.

Do you have a good internet connection and computer? Are you able and willing to talk on ventrilo if needed? The latter might be more important if you are a main tank type for example.
    I haven't experienced any major problems with my internet connection and got a new PC 14 days so it should be in order. I am not speaking that much and got a littel problem whit my mic at the moment, but I hope it will be fixed soon. 

Previous guild:
    fallacy - This has pretty much been my guild for 1 years now. This is the guild I have most of my raiding experience from (TBC) and gear.  but it has given me a clear view of what it takes from a guild to acomplish things. This means that you can cut the process of me having to learn how to behave in a raiding guild. I believe that things like not whining, approaching each other constructively and with respect are universal for any raiding guild that has ever had succes.   

Current Guild:
    Guild of doom on AQ server,leaving them becors they stopped raiding and guildmaster/officers left the guild. and the rest are not doing anymore PVe.

As for my current guild I have frankly grown tired of the low activity during the summer. It's not just that we have low summer activity but also that fact that getting to a normal raiding curve will take other 1½-2 months after the summer ends, and I seriously cant wait that long to see action. As you can see it's not like my current guild has been unsuccesful, but that's due to 10 players each raid who simply are the awesome PvE players I have ever come across. The problem lies in players who are not just average but just plain aweful. These problems are done little about as being a friendly guild consequences and telling people that they just arent good enough just doesnt exist, and it has led to the point where some people are so terrible they might as well not be there. Things like people coming online saying that they dont want to raid is bumming me out as well, again little is done.  vurnings were only taken serious for 2 raids and then dropped, Im talking problems with PvP-speccs, early leavers, low activity people. The guild contains a lot of good people but it is just not serious enough on matters of prorgression. This is why im willing to leave. It's probably an old story in your ears.   

Please rank the following concepts in terms of their importance for you. Use the top of the list as most important, and the bottom as least important:
      -Having a friendly gaming atmosphere
      -Balancing warcraft with real life
      -Getting world/server first kills
      -Having guild organized pvp activity
      -Playing your alt

Make yourself stand out. In 1 compact paragraph tell us why we should pick you and the real reason you want to join us:
    You should pick me because I have great knowledge about the class I play. I am a person who seeks to improve all the time, and I got the experience to make that happen. Slacking is my enemy and dedication is my friend.
    I want to join you to test out my skills, and I'm always up for a challenge. I believe that Iron edge can provide both from what I have heard and read, together it seems like a guild that is aware of it's goal and how to achieve them.

September 15, 2008, 07:46:18 pm
    Reply #1

Eyehole

Re: App Iron edge Zulkir
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:46:18 pm »
    well written...

GL with ur application!

September 15, 2008, 09:00:26 pm
    Reply #2

Offline Meeckah

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:00:26 pm »
    Wow, this app is longer than mine was!

Good luck!

September 15, 2008, 10:43:08 pm
    Reply #3

Offline Caeros

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:43:08 pm »
    Good application, good luck.

September 15, 2008, 11:20:15 pm
    Reply #4

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 11:20:15 pm »
    Denmark, ew.
    Good application, though! I bet Dell will drop by sometime tonight and tell you if he needs more Spriests ;)

September 16, 2008, 12:25:16 am
    Reply #5

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 12:25:16 am »
    zulkir is an ANIMAL

: u have been branded.
    Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

September 16, 2008, 02:53:26 pm
    Reply #6

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 02:53:26 pm »
    Durr... undead.

good application though.

The priests of Iron Edge are an interesting bunch...
    Trolls are awesome!

September 16, 2008, 03:16:47 pm
    Reply #7

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
    « Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 03:16:47 pm »
    Good app. Obviously you copy/pasted it from some previous guild, but it's OK!

I am in a tricky situation, as I now have 4 raiding priests with me, and there isn't space for a 5th.

So, I can't accept you into my raiding team at the moment, sorry :)
    Now I run a tech website.

September 16, 2008, 04:59:12 pm
    Reply #8

Auran

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 04:59:12 pm »
    Slacking is my enemy and dedication is my friend.

classic...

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    Did you miss your activation email?
    May 06, 2024, 10:31:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

156 Guests, 2 Users
    Andervous, Wali