Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Application for A-Raid Balance Druid

March 12, 2010, 08:43:54 pm
Read 3439 times

Offline Tylerd

• Vendor Trash

Application for A-Raid Balance Druid
« on: March 12, 2010, 08:43:54 pm »
I’m applying as a Balance Druid for A-Raid.

My name is Ozan, 19 years old from Turkey. Studying software engineering.

I have no issue with attending progress raids of any length or at any time. I expect my attendance to be 100% or very very close to it, I'm still (mostly) human so things can happen. I have no issue with talking on Ventrilo or anything like that

My lovely druid Tylerd ( http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Tylerd ). I started to play my druid with WotLK as restoration firstly and it changed patch to patch between balance and restoration. Of course to be a nice raider while switching needs a lot of theırycrafting and practise both i do very much. Here i am as Balance on Icecrown Cıtadel. About my raid experience. I dinged 80 at late-ulduar while nerfs were up so nothing counts as progress there but:

Naxx 25/10 Cleared (while Ulduar time)
Ulduar 25/10 Cleared (execpt Thorim on 25 i stil dont know why dont i have it :S )
TotGC 25 4/5
ICC 25 11/12

Unfotunately brake i gave to WoW at heroic time. Caused me to have no experience on heroic modes of the bosses but stil I read and watched a lot of them. That might help prolly.

Something about my philosophy to this game...
I play to raid and I always strive to be the best or be as good as I can be. If I see I can gain 2
spell power spending/farming 10k gold then I do it, no questions asked. I always carry 2+ stacks of Frostwyrm Flasks (the ones I mainly use in raids), 1+ stack of HP flasks, 2+ stacks of Swiftness Potions, 2+ stacks of various potions, 2+ stacks of various food buffs. As well as Fish Feasts and int scrolls for 10mans.

What do I have to offer...?

What I can offer you is a dedicated player that does virtually anything to win. I like to Theorycraft but I also see the difference between theoretical and practical applications of certain things (I'm not one of those that are good on paper but suck in practise). I am a totally PvE-focused player. I know my class, I have experience with all kinds of encounters and... something else that sounds really really good!

What I expect from you, that is a good one...

I'm a raider, I expect to raid! And that on a decent level. I was a bit worried about IF I would get in, I don't have a problem with sitting on the bench now and then, but I don't want to do it all the time and like everyone I want to be there for the endless wipes as well as the first kills.

Thanks for your time and reading this application.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:45:55 pm by Tylerd »

March 12, 2010, 09:07:50 pm
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Application for A-Raid Balance Druid
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 09:07:50 pm »
Tyler... IS THAT YOU?!
Now I run a tech website.

March 12, 2010, 09:12:50 pm
Reply #2

Offline Tylerd

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 09:12:50 pm »
Unfotunately i am not the Tyler you are looking for :(

March 13, 2010, 02:13:10 am
Reply #3

Offline Ildlar

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 02:13:10 am »
Hey man.

Starting with your spec i dont see any reason to have Gale Winds at all. There isnt really any boss fight where you have to aoe. Just trash and all the others can do just aswell without you topping the dmgmeter on trash. Put them in Moonglow if you have mana trouble or Typhoon and Ownkin Frenzy for the little extra. Glyph of focus just got nerfed and isnt really up for any good. You dont have any minor glyphs. Get Glyph of the Wild for proccing Omen.

Edith: Log out in your dps gear, as the ones your wearing is healing i suppose and hope. And by that time i can see if what i wrote to you initially still applies.

Ildlar
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:55:21 am by Ildlar »

March 13, 2010, 10:14:05 am
Reply #4

Offline Shiftey

• Guild Member

• My Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:14:05 am »
Hello there Tylerd

Nice short, but straight forward application, but as Idlar said already, we need to see your gear :) you are logged out as resto.

We also currently have a balance druid so we'd have to discuss whether there's a place for a moonkin or not.

Also, you said you can raid nearly 100%, just for the info, our raiding time is monday to thursday from 19:30 to midnight, server time.

March 13, 2010, 07:35:10 pm
Reply #5

Offline Tylerd

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 07:35:10 pm »
I logged with my DPS gear now but the truth is i dont have that much dedicated boomkin gear. Since i killed all icc bosses as restoration.

March 13, 2010, 11:57:08 pm
Reply #6

Offline Ildlar

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 11:57:08 pm »

Most of what I wrote initially is correct so here is a small edited repost.

You dont have 2t9 or 2t10 which are two of the best tier pieces and quite easy to get by if you dont waste your badges on silly stuff. They will boost your dps very much even though they will be a downgrade ilvl wise. Needless to say Purified Lunar Dust is a healing trinket. Although it has some nice spellpower your can get others that are much better, again even though they are a downgrade ilvl wise. Your sockets are so messed up. You need to have 2 with spellpower and spirit for the meta . And the rest should be raw spellpower unless you can get some +7 or more socket bonus. int is good but crit is better to get your rotation going. Your crit rating is so very low and you your are softcapped with haste so dont socket haste.

All in all get some tier bonuses going and see your dps rise.

You like theorycrafting... Use Rawr to see some raw stats to play around with and read up on Elitistjerks forum.

Do you have any wws reports up anywhere to show us your damage and rotation? Would give us an edge more to judge you by.

Further more it seems you apply for a moonkin spot but lack in gear and thus expect the raid to gear you up. That is not a good start. As I said you can improve alot just by the Triumph badges.

But basicly im not really impressed. Gl though.

March 14, 2010, 12:13:38 am
Reply #7

Offline Tylerd

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 12:13:38 am »
I shall withdraw my app. with theese issues thanks for your time.

March 14, 2010, 01:30:01 am
Reply #8

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 01:30:01 am »
lulz, I know a 19 year old Ozan!

March 15, 2010, 09:00:37 am
Reply #9

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 09:00:37 am »
You see ppl how HARD it is to play a moonkin!!! Have some respect for your owls!!!
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

March 15, 2010, 09:25:05 am
Reply #10

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 09:25:05 am »
You see ppl how HARD it is to play a moonkin!!! Have some respect for your owls!!!

Hahahahaha

NO.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:52:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

160 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv