Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 A-Raid (Cross faction) Luthorhuss Prot-pala

March 15, 2010, 08:14:05 pm
Read 4690 times

Offline Luthorhuss

• Former Member

A-Raid (Cross faction) Luthorhuss Prot-pala
« on: March 15, 2010, 08:14:05 pm »
- Age/ Occupation
My name is Andreas; I’m a 21 year old male from Denmark
I’m currently working in a bank as “financial advisor - student” – I work every day from 8:30 to 16:00 gametime – 17:00 on thursdays
I’m currently writing a major report in a part of my final exam to become a fully financial advisor.
My only hobbies are computer games, and I spend most of my time on the pc, I’ve tried out quite a few MMO’s whilst playing WoW, but I still haven’t found a replacement of this game that have taken over 5 years of my life away from me – I still find myself, evening after evening in from of the screen ;)
I’m currently single and I live on a small island named Thurø in the southern part of Denmark
But enough about my personal life, let me tell you about my world of warcraft experience.

- Char info
Name: Luthorhuss
Race: Fat Dwarf - gonna be Blood Elf, not moch of a choice ehh?
Armory
World of Logs – wol reference, not much to say – I run the 9696 rotation – which I won’t bore you with details in here, ask me if you need more info on that one.

Jägermeíster (My hunter alt)

- WoW History
Let’s start from scratch – I began my raiding career in a semi-core guild named Might and Magic, on the realm of dunemaul. I was with them for most of vanilla wow – left them a few weeks before TBC, where I joined a hardcore guild – Aftermath, that migrated to Kazzak, after 7 months, the guild came to an end, we ended up struggling with recruits during the summer period, which unfortunately seems to be hard for most guilds, when Aftermath broke up, I returned to Dunemaul where I joined a semi-core guild named Epilogue I fought with them throughout SSC/TK and BT/MH but left them at sunwell where I joined After Life, which in I’ve been ever since.

In wotlk I rerolled hunter because I was very unsatisfied with the paladin changes at wotlk launch, they nerfed ret to the ground and I had enough of healing and tanking on that point.

So I started playing hunter – got server first 80 dwarf on that char, 2 hours away from server first hunter… (damn horde!)

When ICC had been out for a few weeks, we lost our main tank and I offered to jump back on my paladin to help the guild, recruitment on dunemaul is really none existing, and it was the only way we could possibly get to do ICC.

To sum up my raiding experience:
Vanilla wow: Everything up to AQ40 Twins
TBC: Cleared everything up to Felmyst pre nerf and killed KJ a week or two after the nerf.
Wotlk: This should sum it up - Basically In wotlk I started out as a hunter, where I archived everything except a few hard modes in ulduar, anub25hc and the last part of ICC25 normal (sindragosa and Lich king)
I then rerolled back to my paladin where I’ve cleared up to Putricide10hard (killed queen10hard) and sindragosa 25 normal.

So I’ve been in After Life over the past 2 years, why do I leave now you might ask – well I would see myself as a rather tolerant player, I have a lot of friends in the guild -  I really put a lot of time into After Life, I am officer in the guild and I’ve been it for over 2 years, I also ended up being our raidleader, and I really put a lot of effort into the guild, but it just kills me inside to see the guild slowly fall apart now – we used to have about 20 core people that made the guild really good, but as time went by the good people where getting bored of the game, and we had to recruit a lot, unfortunately that led to a lot of lesser skilled people joining us. It’s an evil circle and After Life have now lost most of its core members and there is nobody more to recruit on dunemaul – alliance.
I love the server and I still have a lot of friends here, making Iron Edge the only appealing guild left on Dunemaul to apply to.

- Why Iron Edge?
My motivation for joining Iron Edge is based on the fact that I always aim and see myself among the top guilds in the world, it’s true that it’s a long time since I’ve been there, mainly because stood by After Life for a long time. But I do see myself as a very good player and I think that I would be a good asset to your guild.

I put a lot of time and effort into the game, and lately it haven’t paid off as I wanted it to, not because of myself, but more because of the fact that other people where failing – I’m rather unhappy about that. Personally I’ve always had high goals for myself in this game, and that’s why I’m applying to you – in hopes of archiving my goals and wishes for the game.

I’m always trying to improve myself in many ways, and I’m always up to date with my class’s latest theorycrafting, I’m finding information through discussions on the elitistjerks and maintankadin forums, along with a few posts from tankspot.

- UI / Addons
About my UI – there isn’t really a lot to see on a solid picture, a lot of my UI is build upon powerauras, I’m an addon freak, I have A LOT of addons which does a variety of different things for me, it can be hard to explain – I would rather how it in live-stream action should you be interested. I’ll leave a pic of my UI and addon folder never the less. (fun fact: I spend over 12 ingame hours building my current UI)
UI photos:
UI shot 1
UI shot 2
Addon folder
As you can see there isn’t really a lot of buttons on my screen, I have keybound most of my abilities, throughout ½ - 6, alt+½ - 6, and my mouse, I use grid with clique – if you want more info just ask me, I don’t find this application the proper place to explain 3 pages of how I set up my addons to maximize my game experience.
My computer spec is:
Intel  Core i7 – 920 4 x 2.99 GHz
Nvidia 285GTX (1Gig GDDR5) (Asus)
12 GB DDR-3 Ram (Kingston)
20/2 cable internet line
that’s more or less the important stuff of it
I use Microsoft X6 keyboard in combination with the Logitech G9X mouse
I have a working microphone, and I’m not afraid to speak on vent/TS/mumble/what ever

- Why choose me ?
I’ve played this game since launch, never had a break, I’ve steadily raided 4 to 5 days a week for over 5 years, I’m a player that always tries to archive the best, not only for myself but for others, I take and give constructive criticism. I’m a very adaptive player and I used all my abilities in creative ways (example: throwing a HoP on someone with bloodboil, or someone who’s close to die from beats on Saurfang)
On the social plan I like to have a laugh every now and then, but I’m also always focused when it comes to raids, I’m always prepared with consumables, repair money etc, and I don’t moan if I wipe all night, even though I intent to do my job and prevent us from wiping all night ! ;)

- Last words?
Nachmanun is a nubster! (i really don't know the guy, I just see random people saying it all the time :D)

Föotmuch is a noob, thats a ture story tho!!  ;D

Thank you for your time and patience to read this application

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to poke me.

/Luthorhuss

March 15, 2010, 08:39:48 pm
Reply #1

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

Re: A-Raid (Cross faction) Luthorhuss Prot-pala
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:39:48 pm »
Very good application, (even if it's from a dwarf.....)

Good luck!

March 15, 2010, 08:55:03 pm
Reply #2

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:55:03 pm »
Hey! Great app!

Invites for our raids start at 19.30, raid starts at 20.00 till 0.00. We raid 25 man (usually) from monday to thursday. We also need a tank for the (superior!) 10 man group, which is on sunday evening (19.30-00.00). How much of these raids could you attend :P?

March 15, 2010, 08:59:44 pm
Reply #3

Offline Luthorhuss

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:59:44 pm »
All of them, simple as.
This week I might not be able to raid thursday - as i said im writing my final report to become finacial advisor, and need some law report to be done by friday - But thats an exception.

In the past 2 years i've raided with After Life, I've only rarely been abscent - its usually only caused by family members on the hospital or birthdays.
I'm more or less a no-lifer .. :)

March 15, 2010, 11:45:46 pm
Reply #4

Offline Monstar

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:45:46 pm »
Heya, good app!

Hope to test you out soon. :D

March 16, 2010, 12:01:33 am
Reply #5

Föötmunch

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 12:01:33 am »
good application.

played with luth in AL during my time there, before i came over to horde.
hes a good player, very capable of moving! not a facerolling monkey!

good luck with your app.

March 16, 2010, 12:29:19 am
Reply #6

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:29:19 am »
We need a protadin, so I'd like to trial you! You don't happen to be unsaved to ICC25 :P? We could trial you tomorrow! Else we should try wednesday.

March 16, 2010, 01:51:50 am
Reply #7

Offline Jasminka

• Former Member

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 01:51:50 am »
Nice app!

Btw i saw ino saying  THE(superior!) 10 man group?

I dont remamber my grp need tankadin? :)

Anyway GL with app, u should give me gold for my gnome and ill give u gold on horde!

Nepca is gnome! and jaca is pala so poke me for exchange!

March 16, 2010, 01:59:55 am
Reply #8

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 01:59:55 am »
Yay, a dwarf!

You know, Kawe was originally a dwarf?

It will be nice to have a PROPER paladin...
Now I run a tech website.

March 16, 2010, 02:40:47 am
Reply #9

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 02:40:47 am »
You know, Kawe was originally a dwarf?

Nice applicaiton!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:47:44 am by Hugman »

March 16, 2010, 03:36:23 am
Reply #10

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 03:36:23 am »
Awesome more ally go horde, fuck our battlegroup even more!
High functioning sociopath.

March 16, 2010, 04:13:15 am
Reply #11

Offline Strifium

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 04:13:15 am »
Great application man! Hope to see you in g chat.
Dell, what's wrong with our paladins?  :-*

3 Mr. Bigglesworth kills.   14-Mar-2010, don't like the cats eh?

March 16, 2010, 08:35:36 am
Reply #12

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 08:35:36 am »
LUTHOR :> or the Jaegermeister :P!.. From my experience on the alliance side, i've played with Luthorhuss for nearly the entire Burning Crusade on my elemental Shaman Queras. We played together in Epilogue, and if i may say one of the better paladins over all i've had the joy to play with, at that time he mastered every aspect of a paladin, holy, protection and Retribution and if i know this danish lad right, he still masters them very much:)!

Really nice application aswell, Goodluck Andreas

All best from Queras -> Now "ET"
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

March 16, 2010, 07:07:51 pm
Reply #13

Offline Luthorhuss

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 07:07:51 pm »
I'll migrate now, cya soon.
I'm saved to ICC25 however, so i guess you'll have to wait till wensday to have me in your raids.

March 16, 2010, 07:09:38 pm
Reply #14

Offline Jasminka

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 07:09:38 pm »
gg :))

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:27:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

248 Guests, 3 Users
Vejeta, Stepan, Asprin