Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 A-Raid (X-realm) Myerni Disc and Holy priest

April 05, 2010, 04:46:54 pm
Read 3716 times

Offline Myerni

• Vendor Trash

A-Raid (X-realm) Myerni Disc and Holy priest
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:46:54 pm »
Personal Information

Name: Ruth (or Roo as most people call me)

Brief personal info:  I’m currently working as a receptionist/customer services rep for an IVF unit (we help people have children).  I live in a small cottage in England, with my husband, 2 cats and 1goldfish!  We’re not really the going out kind of people, but do live the visit the cinema sometimes or go for meals.
Character Information

Name: Myerni
Race: Blood elf (previously space cow)
Spec: Disc main spec, holy second spec
I thoroughly love healing, and always seem to stear in that direction no matter what class (I also try and heal when I’m on my mage alt!).

World of log report: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kv0tfh56iksauylq/sum/healingDone/
Character armory (I logged off with Spring Flowers in main hand…sorry) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Myerni

Attunements:WOTLK raiding doesn’t require attunements at the moment.  I am however exalted with ICC, and therefore have the ring.

Raiding

I work Monday-Friday (and sometimes a weekend/bank holiday).  I start at 9.15, and finish at 17.15, meaning I get home for around 18.20 (or later if there is an accident).  I normally like to be in bed by 11pm, but sometimes ends up to be midnight if I’m chatting!  (all these are UK time zones).  I have no other IRL commitments, apart from getting dinner ready as soon as we’re home, to begin raiding.  If there are any reasons I won’t be online for a raid, or late – I will endeavour to make people aware as soon as I know (I have never missed a raid except for holidays, and am only sometimes late if there is a serious road accident).   On non-raid days, Yesuare and I might take a break to go to the cinema (happens like once or twice a month).

More specific times:

Mondays: will be online 18:20 – 23:00 (UK time)
Tuesdays: will be online 18:20 – 23:00 (UK time)
Wednesdays: will be online 18:20 – 23:00 (UK time)
Thursdays: will be online 18:20 – 23:00 (UK time)
Fridays: will be online 18:20 – 23:00 (UK time)
Saturday: will be online for most of the day unless doing something with family
Sundays: will be online for most of the day unless doing something with family

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history
During my first year of college, I met Yesuare.  We both started playing a sci-fi mmorpg, Anarchy Online.  The game was excellent initially.  It was sometimes very difficult, and required brains!  Once the first expansion came out, the game deteriorated and then became crap!  A lot of our friends decided to try the WoW US servers, and so did Yesuare and his RL friend.  After a bit of persuasion, they made me join them once the EU servers began.

We began on Burning Legion, me as a mage, and Yesuare as a loladin.  What a confusing, fun and different game this was compared to Anarchy Online!  I couldn’t understand why you had to keep pressing buttons to do the same attacks, whereas on AO all you had to do was press 1 button and it would auto-attack for you!  On Burning Legion, we made a guild and progressed through Molten Core, but the guild began to slack.  We decided we wanted to go more hard core, so made new characters on Hoamarush.  I made a priest, and became a healer.

We joined one of the top guilds, and progressed through BWL…this was a lot of fun!  Being a healer in 40 man raids, in BWL was very rewarding.  This was probably the best moments of my WoW life.  After many months of being on this server, the guild went a bit crazy, officers quit, trails joined and failed etc etc.  We then decided to quit the server, which had
become pretty dead, and move to Xavius.

Both myself and my husband made mages, and power leveled them.  We didn’t raid on these characters, but spent all our time PVPing.  I’m not much of a PVPer, so this didn’t really suit me, so we stopped and went back to raiding, but once again, on a different server.

We joined Vek’nilash.  This is where we made some wonderful PVE accomplishments.  We joined a guild called Windwalkers, originally as just a friend spot because they were friendly people!  We helped them open AQ (required hours and hours and hours of farming crappy stuff in Silithus).  We got to know the guild better, and then joined as a full member, and began raiding with them.  We did BWL, AQ and Naxx.  The guild became the 10th on EU progress.  We had a lot of fun, but we played way too long.  During our time in Windwalkers, we were at university and failing very bad.  We stayed up till 4am just messing about with the other faction for the lols…how stupid of us!  During a raid, the officers made a few bad decisions, and it was clear there was a background mafia going on.  A few people left, including us.  We stopped playing wow for a year and a bit, and concentrated on our life.

We left university, got jobs, began earning money and bought a house.  Now we had a problem…we had nothing to do in the evenings except watch boring TV.  We then began to play wow again, mid-TBH.  We once again made new characters on a new server – Jaedenar.  I started as a rogue in TBH, but then made a priest in time for WOTLK.  Once WOTLK came out, we power leveled to 80, and began to get scrub gear, then we wanted to go ‘hardcore’ again, so joined a guild called Unity.  Here we progressed through Ulduar nicely, did a lot of hard modes, and spent hours upon hours of wiping (the officers were very strict, and even when there was no clear progression, and gear levels were low, we still continued to wipe, wipe and wipe).  March 2009 came, and I was made redundant from my job, so concentrated on renovating our house before wedding (wedding was in August 2009).  I then decided to stop raiding, as wedding and house was more important, Yesuare followed suit later that month.

We put our subscription on hold, and knew we’d return once the wedding was finished.  We returned, but the guild had disbanded and remade with the rude and arrogant officers, so we decided to realm transfer our characters to Stormscale.  Here we made a guild of our own in December 09 in order to raid ICC with decent people, better than a pug would do.  But one thing led to another, and we ended up being a proper raiding guild, with high expectations!  I was the guild master, whilst yesuare and our 2 RL friends were officers.  We’ve now progressed to 10/12 10man hard modes, and have got 11/12 in 25man ICC (LK got to 27% the other night).  Our friends have decided to quit the guild, and I believe are concentrating on PVP a bit more.  Yesuare and I would like to get into a stable guild (ours seems to have its ups and downs due to the number of trials), this is why we have both applied to you.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
I was very unsure about leaving our current guild (because we are the founding members), but then Yesuare found your guild.  He explained to me on the journey back from work about what you do, how you seem to treat members, and the overall ethos of your guild.  He seems to be in love with you, and whilst I’m not actually in love with you, I do really like what you do, and for the same reasons as Yesuare.  I’d like to progress further in ICC, and to be ready for Cataclysm.  I really like doing the 10 man hard modes, so would love to do these in 25 man too.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I can offer an experienced gamer, with a huge amount of WoW knowledge.  I know my class very well, and like to experiment with healing talents and the way I heal.  I’m currently really enjoying disc, but also like holy.  My only down-side is I don’t like to read things like elitist jerks, mainly because of how arrogant a lot of them seem to be, so instead I like to learn the best and effective way to heal.  At the moment, I’m leading all the healers in the guild.  This has allowed me to experiment with the healing setup and force people to heal a particular way – for example getting resto shamans to heal tanks – or even myself as disc to heal tanks.  I’ve also persuaded a holy priest who was against going disc to try it out…he now hates me because he quite likes disc!  It is very important in raids for all players to know what others do, how they heal, dps, tank etc, and because of this, I feel I would be an excellent addition to your healing team. 

As well as my play style and experience etc, I also like to communicate on Ventrilo.  I feel its good to get to know each other through vent, especially as this is how most guilds communicate during raids.  It’s no good joining a guild and only talking on vent during raids…you may have a shocking voice and scare people 10% before the boss is dead!  I won’t however talk on vent during a raid unless it is required, and will always answer questions from other members, or ask questions when things are unclear.

Last words?I couldn’t find up-to-date requirements for your guild, so I hope you require a disc or holy priest…and also hope my gear is up to your standards.  I’m applying in conjunction with Yesuare who has also applied, and hope that we can both be accepted.  If you have any questions for me, I’ll be happy to answer on here or vent/msn/whichever kind of communication devises you like :)

Thanks,
-Myerni

April 06, 2010, 01:05:51 am
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: A-Raid (X-realm) Myerni Disc and Holy priest
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:05:51 am »
Heya!

Great application -- thanks :)

I think we hinted on your husband's application that we don't really have space for a DK tank -- DK dps perhaps, but not a tank.

Priest spots are even more complicated. We could probably find you a 10-man spot (but then again, 10-man is almost finished) -- but currently we have three priests raiding at or near 100%.

It's unlikely you would get a spot in the main 25-man raid.
Now I run a tech website.

April 06, 2010, 07:24:09 pm
Reply #2

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:24:09 pm »
Couldn't we replace Kage?

April 06, 2010, 07:32:45 pm
Reply #3

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:32:45 pm »

Could we? Please?
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

April 06, 2010, 09:30:18 pm
Reply #4

Offline Myerni

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:30:18 pm »
Hey, thanks for your responses.  It's such a shame you're full on priests at the moment for 25 man raids.

If you decided you do have space for another disc or holy priest, I'd be grateful if you could review this application, and hope you have fun in hard modes :)

April 07, 2010, 06:02:00 am
Reply #5

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 06:02:00 am »

Could we? Please?

You say that but ... u would die more often then :P 
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

April 07, 2010, 06:12:48 am
Reply #6

Offline Jasminka

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 06:12:48 am »
We like our little kage :)

He is our little hero!!

SUPERKAGE

April 12, 2010, 11:28:08 am
Reply #7

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 11:28:08 am »
We like our little kage :)

We dont...
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:39:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

162 Guests, 0 Users