Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Angrr applying with Ameliorate - Troll Shadow Priest (yamon)

July 10, 2009, 01:04:20 am
Read 12826 times

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

Hello Iron Edge people.

I go by the nick of Angrr when gaming.  I'd rather not post personal details in a public form, but I'll happily chat with anybody who would like to know or put them in a private forum.

Ameliorate - Level 80 Troll Priest

I've been raiding as shadow since TK in TBC, was healing from BWL 'til then.  My first Character was a which I created at EU release after getting hooked on the EU Beta.

The gear isn't exactly shit hot and it's proven very difficult to get enough interest from the So What guys to get Uldar going, let alone an alt Uldar Heroic.  I enjoy leading raids, I've done the odd Pug Naxx Heroic in my days of being on Dunemaul (Hi Paperpriest).  I regularly lead Guild and Pug raids over on Stormscale before migrating here just before WotLK.

I'm pretty flexible on the days I raid, nothing firm planned for any weekday.  Sunday night can be a bit difficult since I gotta go get my GF from her day's work around 20:00 - 21:00 UK time.  Friday and Saturday I like to go out or do something other than gaming, or at least try to ;)

I've been gaming since I was six years old, probably means I've been gaming longer than most players have been alive as that was twenty five years ago. I ended up working at an ISP after leaving college where I got into Quake online, and I've been hooked on online gaming ever since.  My most competitive time was around 2001-2003 when I played Tribes 2.  I helped lead a group that deposed a long standing "unbeatable" tribe from their throne which we held for a few months until the game died out competitively with the release of Tribes: Vengeance (what a crock of shit that game was).  Most Tribes players moved onto WoW after that, and I moved eventually when the game was released in EU.

In Classic I raided with <Undecided> to BWL on my mage, when I rerolled priest after burning myself out with the honour grind.  Raided up to Taddius in Naxx, which wasn't so bad for a fairly casual guild.

In TBC a few of us left <Undecied> and formed <NiX> (Noobs in EpiX) where we enjoyed some good success, competing for the first few server kills and so on.  It was going through TK when I switched to Shadow, and I've loved ever since. I find raid healing a bit boring at times, but I'm quite happy to do it now and again, variety being the spice of life.

When NiX stopped raiding I took a couple of months off doing casual PvP until I got bored and migrated to Balnazzar to join an ex NiX guy in <Celebrity> - they were fairly hot in TBC, a few first(ish) kills in BT.  It was not a happy guild so I left after a few weeks to join some ex NiXers on Dunemaul who had formed <So What>.  I migrated back to SS once for PvP but unfortunately found the raiding experience and queues less than satisfactory.  Back to Dunemaul where I've been since.

In WotLK having a demanding job and some fuck up with my game copy delivery meant I got left behind on levelling and lost a passion for the game until some spare time came up near Xmas.  Some guys from <So What> that were more into their PvP and less hardcore raiding left and joined <Stock Delivery> to do "casual" raiding, and I joined, ended up leading shortly afterwards and recruited enough to start clearing Naxx Heroic.  Unfortunately I got another job with even worse hours so wasn't able to continue with that.

Since <So What> disbanded I've been in <So What> as a causal which unfortunately makes for being a third class guild member, rarely invited onto raids to fill a spot, and /g is so dead a DK couldn't get it back to life.  I don't enjoy being on those raids since the leadership style is so opposed to my own, very negative.  Of late I've been more frustrated with the lack of interest in "fun" raids so am now looking elsewhere, hence this application.

I'd like to join Iron Edge as I know one or two guys in here that seem good peeps (Kagemoth, Vorte), you have an excellent reputation and a B raid - I want to have fun whilst raiding well.  I have a bit of a life and it's good not to give that up for a game unless I choose to.

I bring a wealth of experience, some entertaining rants after wipes and a chance for current raid leaders to have a night off.

I think that about covers it, for a bit more of a chat I can be found in game.  I look forward to melting some faces in a raid near you soon.

- Angrr

July 10, 2009, 01:17:05 am
Reply #1

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

Re: Angrr applying with Ameliorate - Troll Shadow Priest (yamon)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:17:05 am »
I just skimmed quickly through your application. Stating your age and where you are from shouldn't be too personal would it? Always nice to know how old a person is, and if you're a crazy Serbian.

And you're applying for the B-raid, correct?

Other than that, nice application. I think the B-raid is in dire need of a priest, at least we've been so this week.

July 10, 2009, 01:24:55 am
Reply #2

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:24:55 am »
Shame you are too interested in real life to join the A-raid...!
Now I run a tech website.

July 10, 2009, 01:31:07 am
Reply #3

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 01:31:07 am »
Yeh i told him we need one but he is more of a 2 raid guy so too bad for us..
He was pretty hot in BT with us when we were in So What, rather fond of his accent.

Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

July 10, 2009, 01:55:15 am
Reply #4

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 01:55:15 am »
Huha, back you are! Your gear is sufficient for the B raid.

Ya sure ya won't be missin' raids due to ya work on mondays and tueday then, mon?

(Two thumbs up)
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

July 10, 2009, 07:19:13 am
Reply #5

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 07:19:13 am »

July 10, 2009, 10:11:45 am
Reply #6

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 10:11:45 am »
Ah yeah, touch of the late night paranoia there ;)

I'm a thirty one year old Englishman (cup o tea anyone?).  I make my living as an IT Consultant, not a wage slave to anybody else currently.  This does indeed leave me free for raids on weekdays, which is nice.  I didn't put down A or B raid at application time since I think my gear isn't suitable for A raid.  I'm more suited to a relaxed type of raid where good natured abuse, piss taking and general shenanigans occur (when stuff is on farm) which I guess puts me into the B raid category.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:21:11 am by Angrr »

July 10, 2009, 12:57:32 pm
Reply #7

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 12:57:32 pm »

I'm a thirty one year old Englishman (cup o tea anyone?).  I make my living as an IT Consultant, not a wage slave to anybody else currently.  This does indeed leave me free for raids on weekdays, which is nice.  I didn't put down A or B raid at application time since I think my gear isn't suitable for A raid.  I'm more suited to a relaxed type of raid where good natured abuse, piss taking and general shenanigans occur (when stuff is on farm) which I guess puts me into the B raid category.

More or less, yeah!

But we've had to cut back on it...after Vorte decided to spend 10 mins looking at doors.

July 10, 2009, 02:48:39 pm
Reply #8

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 02:48:39 pm »
Wtf? As in irl or ingame looking at doors.. We got Kendo who plays Mine Sweeper.
Insanity doesn't run in my family. Rather, it strolls through, taking its time, getting to know everyone personally.

July 10, 2009, 03:16:03 pm
Reply #9

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 03:16:03 pm »
Wtf? As in irl or ingame looking at doors.. We got Kendo who plays Mine Sweeper.

Vorte goes off during raids to find doors.

that do nothing.

(Ingame)

July 10, 2009, 06:57:16 pm
Reply #10

Offline Morbid

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 06:57:16 pm »
I'm more suited to a relaxed type of raidwork where good natured abuse, piss taking and general shenanigans occur (when stuff is on farmto technical) which I guess puts me into the B raid consultancy category.

As a Technical IT guy i took the freedom to translate your work so our kind are able to read it also ;) :P

Anyway nice application and as you might have notished from some other reactions, we really could use a proper meltman for the b-raid since they are non existing atm. (Bye Coldrevenge  :'( )
Also seeing Kage and Dell's post blaming you for having a RL is a good sign.
Besides your a Troll, that's pure win by definition some say.

So i only got 1 small question for yah.

How's your healing gear?
Reason i'm asking this is because being without a single meltman and having only 2 healing priests (One is currently on holliday and the other one is pretending having a busy RL atm.) there might be a change you sometimes get (ab)used as holy/disc.
So i'm wondering if you got any problems with that?
Only if your holy/disc gear allows it ofc.

Anyway it's up to Grilly/Hug if they decide to give you a trial.

GL with it.

Morb
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:59:48 pm by Morbid »

July 10, 2009, 08:12:48 pm
Reply #11

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 08:12:48 pm »
Hoho, very cute :P  I've been a Solaris Sysadmin for about twelve years now, conslutant is just a term non IT types can relate to.

The healing gear isn't bad, just a bit below my shadow gear.  It's very dis centric though with crit/mp5 items instead of going for spirit and I've tried to avoid haste.  From memory it comes out to an unbuffed 2050 SP, 21% crit, 600/330mp5 but with some really bad trinkets for disc (Egg of Mortal Essence, Embrace of the Spider).

I PvP as disc, so I'm pretty happy with it and have used it in WoTLK raids.  I've next to no experience as holy, CoH was a joke when I was last healing in raids.  I can't see it being amazingly difficult - different cd's to manage and raid rather than tank to focus on.

July 10, 2009, 10:25:53 pm
Reply #12

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 10:25:53 pm »
Ahaahah, a Solaris guru. Awesome.

There are like... 10 of you in the world.

I am in awe!
Now I run a tech website.

July 10, 2009, 11:30:03 pm
Reply #13

Offline kagemoth

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 11:30:03 pm »
Whats a solaris?

July 10, 2009, 11:59:32 pm
Reply #14

Offline Ameliorate

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 11:59:32 pm »
Heh, it's a UNIX Operating System which is popular because of it's scalability, i.e. ability to run on large servers.  Was huge in the dotcom age, which is how I got into it, and have been making an ok living ever since.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:24:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

327 Guests, 0 Users