Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Assassination Rogue - A team?

April 06, 2011, 02:06:05 pm
Read 8301 times

Offline amo

• Former Member

Assassination Rogue - A team?
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:06:05 pm »
Personal Information
Hey there, I go by the name of Amo, or Ash when im not in Azeorath, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Huddersfield in the UK. I'm currently unemployed so i have a lot of spare time for wow :|.

Character Information
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/am%C3%B3/advanced

I know my gear isn't gonna be up to your standards atm but I've only been seriously trying to gear up my character for about the past 2 weeks, as i stopped playing wow for a while shortly after Cata's release. I should have an Assassin's Chestplate with in a day or 2 as i just need some more chaos orbs to craft one. However, I think my gear is getting to the point where i can no longer continue upgrading it just by running Heroics which is why i'm looking to get back into raiding.

Raiding
As you've probably gathered i don't have any experience with the current tier of raids (hoping that will soon change). In Vanilla i never really raided as i was always rolling new characters for some reason, also i was pretty young at the time so it probably wasn't a good idea. TBC is pretty much the same story but i did have some experience in Karazahn.

I cleared pretty much all wotlk while it was current to some extent. I mainly played a paladin through Wrath but I cleared all of Naxx 25. When ulduar came out i changed server. In ulduar I only ever cleared up to Yogg, never downed him (or algalon). I did ToC with the same guild and cleared it all on normal mode.

For ICC i moved to this server. I played as a prot paladin in Callous. We cleared up to Valithria Dreamwalker before I had to stop playing. At the time that was the last boss as Sindragosa and LK hadn't been released yet. After a few months i resubbed WoW and joined a crappy guild that plain out sucked, won't even mention what i did with them.

Times:
Well I can raid whenever you need me really. Any time, any day.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history
Well I've played a lot of games in my time. Played just about every recent MMO in some form or another yet still end up coming back to WoW. Played SWG for a long time Pre-NGE, used to love that game.

I've also played quite a lot of shooters. I played Counter Strike Source competetively for a while and still play it occasionaly for a laugh. I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield series aswell; not the console games however.

I started playing WoW back in 2006 but I explained my raiding history above.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

Well for Cata I wnat to be in a serious raiding guild and attempt to clear all the conent(by serious i mean actually getting things down). Also Iron Edge members all seem to have a sense of humour and seem friendly enough, so i's a place i want to be.

Also recently i've been in a guild where no one seems to actually talk... at all. I'm hoping you guys are more sociable  ;).

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
A sociable, smart player that picks things up pretty fast. I'm always keeping myself up to date with the latest boss fights and tactics, so even the know i've never done any of the current raids I know the tactics. I also use Elitist Jerks regulary as resource to keep up to date on the latest class mecahnics and theorycrafting.

Also from playing css i've learned to be a good teamplayer and follow someone else's tactics.

Last words?
I've put A team as my application as I want to get some serious conent done when my gears ready for it.Also i think 2 raids per week for the B-team wouldn't keep me entertained, however if you guys dont think I cut it i'd be happy anywhere.

April 06, 2011, 02:08:44 pm
Reply #1

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

Re: Assassination Rogue - A team?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »
brother from another mother
GL

April 06, 2011, 02:16:30 pm
Reply #2

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:16:30 pm »
Only things I see so far is missing enchants on some of your items, also remember to consult our friends over at EJ and use the Shadowcraft spreadsheet for your character, I just ran your character through and some rearrangements in your gemmings and reforge could net you some more DPS.

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t108630-shadowcraft_rogue_spreadsheet_4_0_a/

Also throw away Unheeded Warning and get Fluid Death instead. Shouldn't be hard to do and would be a great upgrade for you. And get rid of those PvP bracers somehow :)

Everything else looks good from here.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:19:05 pm by Skymunken »
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

April 06, 2011, 02:43:18 pm
Reply #3

Offline amo

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 02:43:18 pm »
Only things I see so far is missing enchants on some of your items, also remember to consult our friends over at EJ and use the Shadowcraft spreadsheet for your character, I just ran your character through and some rearrangements in your gemmings and reforge could net you some more DPS.

Also throw away Unheeded Warning and get Fluid Death instead. Shouldn't be hard to do and would be a great upgrade for you. And get rid of those PvP bracers somehow :)

Yup, i know. Just flat out broke atm as i've just bought the valour boots, will do dailys soon and make some more leather items and get everything fixed!. I know the trinket is pretty terrible but its a long story, BoT trash farm gone wrong. :|

April 06, 2011, 03:01:37 pm
Reply #4

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 03:01:37 pm »

Yup, i know. Just flat out broke atm as i've just bought the valour boots, will do dailys soon and make some more leather items and get everything fixed!. I know the trinket is pretty terrible but its a long story, BoT trash farm gone wrong. :|

best bot trash run ever bro

April 06, 2011, 03:37:01 pm
Reply #5

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 03:37:01 pm »
It's not bad, its just not the best!

April 06, 2011, 03:40:03 pm
Reply #6

Offline amo

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 03:40:03 pm »
It's not bad, its just not the best!
According to the spreadsheet im using its 200 EP worse than trinkets available from heroics :P Also I don't currently have enough valor points for the valor trinket but should with in about 5 days.

April 06, 2011, 04:03:59 pm
Reply #7

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 04:03:59 pm »
It's BiS, should've been the first item you bought. And you should get Tia's Grace from Lost City.
Your gear is a bit behind, and I don't think the A-raid need a rogue! But then again, Kesh does like his backups so who knows.

(The B-raid however really need a rogue!)

April 06, 2011, 04:05:32 pm
Reply #8

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 04:05:32 pm »
Well I turned down a spot for the A-raid but as far as I know the A-raid already has a excessive pool of raiders. As Archz said, you might be better off in the B-raid.

April 06, 2011, 04:06:00 pm
Reply #9

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 04:06:00 pm »
We do need a rogue.  We do not have an abundance of raiders.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

April 06, 2011, 04:07:10 pm
Reply #10

Offline amo

• Former Member

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 04:07:10 pm »
It's BiS, should've been the first item you bought. And you should get Tia's Grace from Lost City.
Your gear is a bit behind, and I don't think the A-raid need a rogue! But then again, Kesh does like his backups so who knows.

(The B-raid however really need a rogue!)

As I explained I stopped playing wow a while after cata's release. I haven't spent any valor points yet. The current 1120 that I have is all I've ever had. I will get the trinket first though. :)

April 07, 2011, 02:41:07 pm
Reply #11

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 02:41:07 pm »
Can you be around tonight?  Can give you a trial... if you've sorted your enchants out.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

April 07, 2011, 06:19:59 pm
Reply #12

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 06:19:59 pm »
Can you be around tonight?  Can give you a trial... if you've sorted your enchants out.

he'll be around as hes at my house, or will be shortly anyway; and yeah hes sorted his enchants afaik

April 07, 2011, 06:44:19 pm
Reply #13

Offline callumidia

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 06:44:19 pm »

edit: he probably wont be on in time as hes still working

April 07, 2011, 09:26:21 pm
Reply #14

Offline amo

• Former Member

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:26:21 pm »
Yea sorry something came up during the day out the blue, was a one off. Sorry I couldn't make it today.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:47:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

332 Guests, 0 Users